hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Re: hai guyz!

Post by Purity_Control »

This is for real, we have a petrol shortage going on here in the last few days, partly a knock on issue from the HGV driver shortage and not helped by people panic buying.

The BBC sent in this guy to report on it.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

MetroSonus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:04 pm I know plenty of people that have had covid now. My son and I have had our shots and we're good, so far. But we're still wearing masks. We went to a couple conventions, we tried to be as safe as we could and i think we did well considering.

Students are back on campus here. It's crowded, but I don't think were at full capacity yet. Yes, I think covid is getting worse and bad, but the sentiment here seems to be "meh". When it first started everybody and every place was like "we're in this together" and now nobody is wearing masks, no temperature checks to get inside. It's weird.. like once the pressure was off and nobody was looking, everyone stopped caring. Crazy..
Much the same here, we have rising cases now schools and colleges are back and deaths have been creeping up for months but it's like most people think it's all over. It's a bit nightmarish at times. I still mask up in shops but very few do.

The Brexit bollocks is really starting to bite now and pick up pace with one thing buggering up something else.

Last week a bunch of energy companies failed because our gas prices are no longer protected by the EU and shot up, then we had a CO2 shortage which apparently is a byproduct of the fertiliser industry which uses gas and is no longer viable so the govt gave them £50 million to keep making CO2 for another 3 weeks with no plan beyond that, now we have a petrol shortage.

It's looking like being a very rough winter for a lot of people.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

On a personal level I'm not doing to bad, don't like an awful lot of the stuff that's going on but I'm managing. Feels like I'm handling better than I have done in a while, perhaps at least since the pandemic kicked off.

Not made a lot of music lately but have done quite well for working on my playing, planning on getting back into the studio more as we go into the autumn.

Still working doing invoicing for a German owned shipping company, billing out Brexit customs charges wich is kind of funny and also gives me some insight into how messed up things are. Managing to fix stuff around the house here and there, might have enough money for a new kitchen by next spring assuming the job holds out and we haven't gone full on Mad Max by then.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

topcat

Post by topcat »

MetroSonus wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:55 pm Image
:lol: I love this one.."he is not hungry, he is a liar" :lol:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

MetroSonus wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:58 pm Image
Great lulz all around. Pat yourself in the back, my friend.

This one did have me laughing out loud.
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

topcat wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:00 pm :lol: I love this one.."he is not hungry, he is a liar" :lol:
I can personally relate. My cats walk around all day meowing like they're starving while the bowl is clearly full.. :roll:
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

Purity_Control wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:21 pm On a personal level I'm not doing to bad, don't like an awful lot of the stuff that's going on but I'm managing. Feels like I'm handling better than I have done in a while, perhaps at least since the pandemic kicked off.

Not made a lot of music lately but have done quite well for working on my playing, planning on getting back into the studio more as we go into the autumn.

Still working doing invoicing for a German owned shipping company, billing out Brexit customs charges wich is kind of funny and also gives me some insight into how messed up things are. Managing to fix stuff around the house here and there, might have enough money for a new kitchen by next spring assuming the job holds out and we haven't gone full on Mad Max by then.
I'll take not bad over not good! Anything England brexit specific going on or just covid related misery in general?

Things here are just... slow? Kinda not normal? There's definitely shipping delays.. shelves are on an empty and then full cycle. Just kinda holding steady here.

I did take a vacation last week to my parents house up north. I'll put some pictures up in the photography thread.
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

christianrock wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:11 pm
Great lulz all around. Pat yourself in the back, my friend.

This one did have me laughing out loud.
thank you! and cats man :lol:
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus