happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

gregwar

Re: happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Post by gregwar »

happy chavwanica!!

i got a 58” tv on a pre-black friday sale and it was the last one there!

i found some 4k programs like american gods were very detailed! but difficult to notice

i seen an hdr show called final table the food was very bright, highly lighting!

now my old tv is back in the studio which is very tidy and clean nao

i will likely get the izotope elements package for $50, plus the package for break tweaker and drum thing from izotope for another $50.

i have considered getting an ssd for my 2012 mac mini so that it is mighty again! the sale prices are quite attractive

:smoke:
topcat

Post by topcat »

christianrock wrote:O HAI :wave:

I hope everyone had a great turkey day. I had plenty of turkeys including not one but TWO that I smoked/grilled when we had a bunch of friends over.

Also, topcat turned around more equipment in the last month or so than I have in the last few years... :lol:
I know..I literally exhausted from the mental, physical stress of it all, but it's nice to have a lot of the weight gone, and my studio for the first time looks neat and tidy.
I bought a bunch of Fender instrument 1/4" cables, 8-15 footers and a couple of 10 ft'rs.
Plan on patching up the new Soundcraft mixer and hook up my external effects, mic and synths and all I'll have to do is hit a couple of switches and I'm good to go.

And thanks to Electric Puppy's comment on how retro and cool my Pioneer spring reverb looks when I was going to sell it, it made the cut and now sits on my table top where my effects racks are sitting.
Thank you MR Puppyz :)
Attachments
pioneer-sr202w-reverberation-spring-reverb-amplifier-mint.jpg
pioneer-sr202w-reverberation-spring-reverb-amplifier-mint.jpg (209.62 KiB) Viewed 11611 times
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Post by ElectricPuppy »

I mean, yeah... c'mon. You've GOT to keep that, right? :grin:
topcat

Post by topcat »

ElectricPuppy wrote:I mean, yeah... c'mon. You've GOT to keep that, right? :grin:
YUP!!! and I, kind sir will dedicate the first song I use it on to the fabulous Electric Puppyz. :thu:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

You so cannot sell that, it is waaay too awesome. :grin:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

Well. Not as bad as the wookie Xmas thing

ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

Incase this was missing from your life

ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Post by MetroSonus »

ClavAnother wrote:Incase this was missing from your life

We watched that last year.. I can't believe it's even legal. :facepalm: Star Wars should not have that much singing and any amount of bea arthur is too much
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

It's the worst thing I've ever seen. Ever.
soundwave106

Post by soundwave106 »

I've seen worse. But only because I watch shows and have attended festivals whose goal is to find the worst movies out there and make fun of it.

The Star Wars Holiday Special is very bad even by these very bad standards. If I had to pick something to watch "straight" (eg no joking around), I'd personally rather watch other notorious clunkers like Plan 9 From Outer Space over the Star Wars Holiday Special.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

Finished with my last job on Friday, got a great send off with lots of food and drink... now resting and slowly picking shit up again... bit of shopping to do before it all shuts down, then actually hae the first proper rest since fuck knows when, got another job to look for assuming nothing I have on the boil already comes up... gonna try and get a good rest whatevr happens as I need it.

And maybe get some serious synthing done. :jam:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Post by MetroSonus »

Purity, do you just do temp gigs or what's your situation over there? That's awesome though your ending on a good note on this one :)

SW I didn't even think Plan 9 was that bad. Robot monster wasn't either. They're "bad" yes because of cheap budget and usually a small handful of people pulling all the roles. I guess there's a small subsection of "bad" that has some kind of drive to it. I love all of those cheap, bad Saturday afternoon movies. But many of them are just cut and paste schlock (like many of the hammer films, peter cushing, christopher lee etc. I know sacrilege!) and just end up being unwatchable after the first hour so. All of the retro tv channels we have now on OTA had some saturday night movie and I'd be asleep after the first hour.

F me.. I'd rather watch plan 9 over the original wicker man. Talk about bad.. boobs, singing, boobs.. Figured out the movie in the first 10 mins.. Most "bad" movies to me are those taboo exploiting ones. I guess it depends on the genre too. Some of the martial arts exploitation movies from the 70's and 80's are pretty good..
soundwave106

Post by soundwave106 »

Pretty much that's exactly why Plan 9 is a "better" movie than the Holiday Special. Plan 9 has gawdawful production values and a pretty hokey premise, but at least there's some drive as you say, there's a vision of sorts that just doesn't quite work out. The Holiday Special is paint by numbers bad 1970s variety show. Plan 9 is made by someone who at least has some creativity but no technical talent. The Star Wars Holiday Special is technically competent but creatively brain dead, even creatively extremely cringe worthy in some cases (the Diahann Carroll segment stands out to me as totally inappropriate to the Star Wars style).

There are worse films out there though, which frankly are neither technically or creatively competent. (A punk band I was in contributed a song to a film in this category. :tounge:)

I think Hammer's first couple of films once they went horror in the 1950s (Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein, Mummy) are pretty good by the standards of the day, and they went downhill pretty fast.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

@Metro - it was a permanent job but permanent here hasn't meant a lot in the last 10 years, was working at head office of a company that manage several chains of hotels, the've sold off a lot of their hotels though since I've started and even more earlier this year so they've laid of about half of their staff at head office.

Probably back to temping if nothing solid comes up between christmas and new year.

Still very pleased with my decision to go private sector, so much less stupidity, expected a bit more stability though some say it's just hospitality that's not doing so well. Will sort something out.

Exhausted but have a nice rest for now. :thu:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

Mirrored pyramid is where I've been working the last two years, that never got old, it's like a set rom Blake's 7 or something

https://goo.gl/maps/cr6n9FFpCXm

View from adjacent carpark as too many trees along main road to see it!

Edit: Better view, me being daft https://goo.gl/maps/Tg3PEDR6TTT2

The foreground building has Stray FM in it which is Harrogate's local radio station... we've had the radio on in the office in the run up to christmas but the reception is rubbish lol and we are next door to the station! Seems to be the metal frame of the building... there are really specific spots where you can put the antenna cable thingy to get a good signal... at one point my colleague sellotaped it to a ruler then taped that to the top of a monitor. :lol:
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

Remember when you laughed at the hai guyz and laughed at the hai guyz

ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Plink Floyd

Post by Plink Floyd »

OH HAI friends I am back at work after two wonderful weeks of vaca and holiday festing.

:wave:

But I must admit, part of me is relieved to be finally out of the house because they made a WHOLE NEW BATCH OF THOSE GHAWDAWFULL HALLMARK MOVIES and still played the old ones for days and days. My fellow matrimoniacs will know of what I speak. Am I rite, Miek?