clavanother

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

ClavAnother

Re: clavanother

Post by ClavAnother »

christianrock wrote:So Clav, do you know this Mike guy that owns/operates Chicago StompWorks pedals? I've been rebuilding my pedal board (and playing and writing again in the process, yay). I'm looking at his stuff and it's unbelievably cheap for some exact copies of the best, most classic pedals evah, and all discrete/handwired to boot. And he'll even do dual pedals, I think he still does them, I'm thinking about a TS808 clone going into a RAT in the same box. I think it would be perfect.
Gotta sell some camera lenses nao. LULZ

I had never heard of him before. I guy's he takes those diy clone boards and finishes them?

Anyway, it's all personal taste, but I have about five TS9 reissues and I run them in pairs; first one set to zero gain, second one set to max gain. The first is for a bit of boost and crunch, the second for distortion, then. It's for full lead srs bizness.

They can be had for $50.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

ClavAnother wrote:
christianrock wrote:So Clav, do you know this Mike guy that owns/operates Chicago StompWorks pedals? I've been rebuilding my pedal board (and playing and writing again in the process, yay). I'm looking at his stuff and it's unbelievably cheap for some exact copies of the best, most classic pedals evah, and all discrete/handwired to boot. And he'll even do dual pedals, I think he still does them, I'm thinking about a TS808 clone going into a RAT in the same box. I think it would be perfect.
Gotta sell some camera lenses nao. LULZ

I had never heard of him before. I guy's he takes those diy clone boards and finishes them?

Anyway, it's all personal taste, but I have about five TS9 reissues and I run them in pairs; first one set to zero gain, second one set to max gain. The first is for a bit of boost and crunch, the second for distortion, then. It's for full lead srs bizness.

They can be had for $50.
Actually he does the opposite of what you are saying :lol: he handwires these pedals with all discrete components and then sells them cheap in basically or totallly unfinished boxes. The totally unfinished boxes usually sell for $50.
I had a DOD FX50 (basically a DOD 250) and the Joyo OCD clone, but both crapped out recently (the DOD was in particularly bad shape...).
I think I want an OD going into a RAT but I'm going to get either their TS808 (faithful to the original design) or maybe their Bluesbreaker clone which is also based on the old big pedals. Having both OD and Distortion in the same pedal will be pretty sweet. Their RAT is based on the early chip that cleans up really well when you back off the volume.

To cover things for now I got a cheap 28 dollar Caline Orange Burst, a chinese copy of the Xotic BB Preamp. While it does sound good it's pretty noisy when using a power supply, which is common with these chinese pedals. I used to run my Joyo on batteries as well. Lowest grade components, that's why they're under 30 bucks... This pedal will probably become a backup, I won't sell it as it does its thing pretty well...

I also have an Ibanez TK999HT, the high gain distortion, and changed the tube after I got it with some NOS Phillips that had half the gain of the crappy chinese tube it came with. It runs 100V on the plate so it sounds pretty good I'd say. Now with the lower output tube it's more of a high gain overdrive rather than a distortion pedal, and that suits me better.

That plus my wah and a couple of delays and the great Joyo American sound that lets me go direct when I play live (and it also runs on a battery for noise control) and I'm set. I like my setup.

So, Tubescreamer or Bluesbreaker. Time to listen to more demos... which is the fun part of buying a pedal I'd say :lol:
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

ClavAnother plays guitar..and it's another Townshend cover. Who woulda thunk it?

ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

So I was poasting lulz up in here for like two years basically to myself, then I finally go and fuck off and now I see you guyz have all been lulzing ever since. I mean even pupstar and plinkster are up in here.

wat the frank?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Post by ElectricPuppy »

Hi Frank! :wave:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

Looks like we're going back into lockdown here from Thursday.

The virus has promised it won't infect any more people between now and then so that's ok. :freak:

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

Purity_Control wrote:Looks like we're going back into lockdown here from Thursday.

The virus has promised it won't infect any more people between now and then so that's ok. :freak:

:idk: Dunno, the Swedish approach seems to have worked rather well... it's also basically what we've been doing here in Georgia and in Florida, and the 2nd wave has been affecting the places where there was a severe lockdown, but not us, at least not much. I'm glad I already went through it, new studies say antibodies last at least 6 months...
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

Plink Floyd

Post by Plink Floyd »

Envy. I've coveted a 2600 ever since Edgar Winter created his monster.

Clav, how do you like the bendy buttons on the Odyssey clone? The originals were stiff and unfriendly.
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

Plink Floyd wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:38 am Envy. I've coveted a 2600 ever since Edgar Winter created his monster.

Clav, how do you like the bendy buttons on the Odyssey clone? The originals were stiff and unfriendly.

Lol, they're the worst idea anybody ever came up with in the history of synthesizers. I will say that you kind of have to grab the thick edges if you want anything resembling control. Altogether not fun to use. If behringer put a roland bender on it I don't think anyone would have complained.
topcat

Post by topcat »

ClavAnother wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:35 pm
9:44 of luscious creamy analog goodness.
curious what you're using for reverb Clav?
I was waiting for a nice Tangerine Dream sequence to make an appearance, but it still sounds wonderful.

I have the Korg Arp Odyssey reissue, and I agree, the pitch bend, mod buttons are horrible to use.
Pitch and Mod wheels are my favorite, followed by the Korg keyboards pitch stick, and last but not least, Roland pitch stick.
My Yamaha Montage wins with a mod wheel, pitch wheel, and a small ribbon below them.

Plink, Korg is issuing the 2600M, a smaller form 2600 at a much lower price than their full size 2600 which is impossible to buy anyway.
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

topcat wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:55 am
ClavAnother wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:35 pm
I was waiting for a nice Tangerine Dream sequence to make an appearance, but it still sounds wonderful.

I have the Korg Arp Odyssey reissue, and I agree, the pitch bend, mod buttons are horrible to use.
Pitch and Mod wheels are my favorite, followed by the Korg keyboards pitch stick, and last but not least, Roland pitch stick.
My Yamaha Montage wins with a mod wheel, pitch wheel, and a small ribbon below them.

Plink, Korg is issuing the 2600M, a smaller form 2600 at a much lower price than their full size 2600 which is impossible to buy anyway.

Thank you for the kind words! I had to ask Moot Booxle what the reverb pedal is, I'll let you know later. Besides that, there is the internal spring reverb in the TTSH. Regarding benders, I think I would take a roland bender first, then korg, then wheels but I really do like the Oberheim paddles on the OBXa or OB8. When Korg came out with the 2600 all I could think of was that it sounds just like my TTSH. I guess that's the result of new components. I will say that having a fully modded TTSH is more attractive than a plain 2600 to me.
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

[/quote]

Oh, and the mini 2600 does not offer a keyboard, so I don't know how Plinky would feel about covering Frankenshteen
ClavAnother

Post by ClavAnother »

[/quote]

It’s the Flamma FS02
Plink Floyd

Post by Plink Floyd »

ClavAnother wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:28 am
Oh, and the mini 2600 does not offer a keyboard, so I don't know how Plinky would feel about covering Frankenshteen
[/quote]

To properly cover that song you need a four octave keyboard that you can hang around your neck. I never lifted one, but those 3620 keyboards that came with the original 2600s looked a bit too heavy for neckwear.

I always liked the looks of the four oct Lync keytar but I've never seen one in person.

Which leaves the Roland AX. Purity is henceforth nominated to cover Frahnkensteen. Who can loan her a white wig?
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

ClavAnother wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:28 pm

It’s the Flamma FS02
I have that pedal, it's on all the time on my guitar rig.

I also have the FS22 to add luscious delay/reverb ambience goodness. They are both true stereo pedals, so yes they work really well with keyboards. These pedals have Eventide-quality effects in a small format for little money (and yeah less editing options but more than enough for most uses, and they are awesome). What's not to like.