hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Re: hai guyz!

Post by Purity_Control »

Did I ever mention that the guy that was Lord Buckethead had to stop being Lord Buckethead because the people who own the copyright to the character said he either had to stop or pay them?

So then he reinvented himself as Count Binhead.

And then the Monster Raving Looney Party paid for the rights to use Buckethead so we ended up with a Buckethead who was a different guy and a Binhead.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

Purity_Control wrote:Did I ever mention that the guy that was Lord Buckethead had to stop being Lord Buckethead because the people who own the copyright to the character said he either had to stop or pay them?

So then he reinvented himself as Count Binhead.

And then the Monster Raving Looney Party paid for the rights to use Buckethead so we ended up with a Buckethead who was a different guy and a Binhead.

I just love British politics.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

Oh fuck me, he's standing for election as Mayor of London!

I think DrillMinister is still in the running too.

Edit: Bugger me, there's like 20 candidates, Drilly doesn't seem to have made it though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56739579
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Post by MetroSonus »

So have you seen this person in front of tesco yet? :lol:

I'm gonna need some background on count binhead there.. I know you've posted it, but I don't get it. Do they register to run under their real names, but they're allowed to run under a pseudonym?

We had that crazy ass recall election in California 15 years ago? All sorts of actors / actresses ran for it. That would have been crazy as hell if Chuck E Cheese and the terminator were running and stuff.
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

I saw this video the other day and there's an entire earworm series. It's lots of short, but informative videos on musical topics. I think it's one of those things I've seen before but forgot about..

Anyway, I've always been a big fan of gated drums and they explained the process quite easily in the video and how it was created. So.. last night I tried it out, well I simulated it as best I could, in live.

I started out with one MIDI channel with a drum rack and then I added an audio channel, set the input to the drum rack and turned on the monitor so both were being heard at the same time through the mixer. On the audio return channel I added a limiter, gate and reverb.

The first few go rounds I tried various acoustic samples and they didn't sound right at all. I was trying to hold off on going with the obvious and trying to see if I could get any interesting results with other sounds and I have to say I wasn't impressed 100%. Of course, as soon as I went to the Linn drum samples it all sounded amazing. I think the thing is, if you prefer the electronic 80's sound, you need to have "clean" signals and you're only going to get them from generated sound sources, drum machines, keyboards etc. But hey, it really works and it sounds amazing!
topcat

Post by topcat »

cool post, thanks for posting the vid.
I love GATED drums. I'll check this vid out when I have more time.
:thu:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

MetroSonus wrote:Image

So have you seen this person in front of tesco yet? :lol:

I'm gonna need some background on count binhead there.. I know you've posted it, but I don't get it. Do they register to run under their real names, but they're allowed to run under a pseudonym?

We had that crazy ass recall election in California 15 years ago? All sorts of actors / actresses ran for it. That would have been crazy as hell if Chuck E Cheese and the terminator were running and stuff.
I think they register in their own names and then get introduced with 'know as' and their character name.
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

Plink Floyd

Post by Plink Floyd »

Oh man, I lold at that!

It occurs to me that, unless you're a bazillionaire, you probably don't want to be known as Mr. MicroSoft.
topcat

Post by topcat »

Plink Floyd wrote:Oh man, I lold at that!

It occurs to me that, unless you're a bazillionaire, you probably don't want to be known as Mr. MicroSoft.
although he might put on his "salesman" suit and sell the point "we have a patch update for that", while not including the information the update also messes up your entire system. lol
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

As I can't see a better place to put it, this looks interesting:

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

This actually is just around the corner from me, UK is really getting that 3rd world country vibe with a lot of heart and art but no real money going into important things.

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

Maybe next time, eh?

There's actually quite a few other candidates that polled lower.

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

A bit random, but this is taken from my GoPro from last night when I went out for a long bike ride.

The bird is a Red Kite, sometimes if you're really lucky they'll dive bomb the road in front of you to try and get roadkill.

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

phpBB [video]
topcat

Post by topcat »

:lol: gotta love the Brits!
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

So after months of waiting for it to become available, I realized the korg sq-64 sequencer was in stock and I picked one up. It showed up Saturday and I haven't even turned it on. Such is how my life is going these days :lol: I ended up taking a sick day yesterday and played video games with my son.

Sunday I went to the town just south of me. It's unique because if you go that way, it's like you're somewhere else. You don't say.. lol. I know, bear with me. Tampa is Tampa and the next county down is more beachy, artsy and laid back. It's kinda a retirement community. It's cool because it's a totally different vibe from my home and it's like 20 mins away. I'd love to spend more time there.

Anywho, they have a natural history museum there with a planetarium. We went and saw some shows and the guy had some planetarium style music going and I asked him about it. We got talking about it and his interested in the music I make, he's been wanting some custom music that follows his talks, so that may be something there. He also said that in non covid times, they do telescope workshops and the shows are much more in depth, about everything from physics to more astronomy. That's something I'm looking forward to being involved with..