hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Re: hai guyz!

Post by Purity_Control »

Stuff is really going down the shitter here with Brexit.

Mostly not too bad where I am though some shops are doing a lot to pad lack of some product lines, spreading stuff out, duplicating shelves in different parts of the store or taking shelving out entirely.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Post by MetroSonus »

Purity_Control wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:01 pm Also entirely unrelated to the above, I passed this on my evening bike ride, it's in a long tunnel under the airport runway.

Not sure if it shows a lack of imagination or too much.

That honestly looks like they ran their text through google translator before spraying the wall :lol:
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

topcat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:28 pm
Purity_Control wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:56 pm A certain herb. :grin:

Unrelatedly, I hope you guys are ok with the Covid situation over there, I've heard it's got pretty hairy in Florida. :eek:
:grin:

All is well here. Fully vaccinated since April, keeping low and started wearing a mask when shopping.
Just me, my wife and the pussy cat (Miss Sweetie). Don't socialize much anyway, so that's not a problem..no work, bars, sporting events.
Try to swim in the Gulf at local beach early mornings. Watch sea life, Law&Order marathons and spin the vinyl on weekends.
Hoping for a booster shot in a couple of months...
I don't pay attention to the politics and all their BS, just wait until the next election and try to put a different dumb ass in charge. lol

Thanks for asking, hope you're keeping safe.

The weather here is oppressive right now. At least on my side of town. We've been going to the smaller pool in the neighborhood, which is always empty.

I know plenty of people that have had covid now. My son and I have had our shots and we're good, so far. But we're still wearing masks. We went to a couple conventions, we tried to be as safe as we could and i think we did well considering.

Students are back on campus here. It's crowded, but I don't think were at full capacity yet. Yes, I think covid is getting worse and bad, but the sentiment here seems to be "meh". When it first started everybody and every place was like "we're in this together" and now nobody is wearing masks, no temperature checks to get inside. It's weird.. like once the pressure was off and nobody was looking, everyone stopped caring. Crazy..

TopCat, you have the life man!! If I would, I would sit and watch Dr Who all day, drink coffee, look out the window at my back field, play keyboards, take nature walks, go to the beach during the day AND school year! What a dream lol. At least my son mows the lawn now :lol:

He's not really ready for college yet. I've got him working at the airsoft field with me on saturdays and he's actually proving pretty handy with electronics. He's been repairing game systems for some of the retro game places around town now. He's super talented. I'd love to get him and me a small side gig making synth stuff to sell on etsy. That'd be a cool father son thing.

Speaking of airsoft, it's so hot here (the temp has been hovering around 88, but the feels like is 105-109 :eek:) I'm spending most if not all of Sunday on the couch recovering.

I think I've been through everything I want to watch on streaming TV. I'm now trying to spend the time I would have spent on TV, on my keyboards, or laptop anyway. I've really been experimenting with the Waves SSL plugin I bought a while ago. I tried it in a variety of situations, drums, synths, ambient, dance music etc and I really, really like the sound of it. It's definitely well and above the built in effects in Live.

@ 35$ It's a no brainer..

https://www.waves.com/plugins/ssl-e-channel

I'm probably going to upgrade to Live 11intro. It's 99$. I'm on lite right now. I'm was forced into using it by the new 64 bit plugins I bought. Intro gives you the full amount of tracks (lite is limited to only a few), the basic instruments ( I rely more on plugins than the included sounds, but simpler, drum racks I use all the time) and LFO tool. With all the ambient I do, I've really been wanting a way to be able to drive the volume of each track with an LFO or even add automation to various parameters. What I've been wanting to do for a long time has been to set up several tracks and let it run, driven by LFOs, like in a generative performance. I just need to buckle down and buy all the stuff I want and get back to actually writing.
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

christianrock wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:07 pm Good to hear you and yours are doing well, topcat.

We were in Hawaii for 2 1/2 weeks for our 15th Anniversary. It was amazing. It was one of my wife's dreams, and she worked for a year to make it happen. Now she's at home again, homeschooling and writing her blog and her books, which at this point haven't brought in any money but they seem to help a lot of people (it's in Portuguese, so mostly Brazilians read it). So I'm very glad she does it and I give her 100% support.

In Hawaii, we were in Maui and Oahu, spending over a week in each one. Some amazing views - I'll post some pictures in the photography thread.

Everyone here is healthy thank God. Things are back to as normal as they can be - kids are back at doing sports and go to their co-op school a couple days a week. Most people in my office are cleared to go back to work at the office but it's elective so I'm electing to keep working from home :)

I hope everyone else is staying safe and healthy!
I think it is so important to stay busy and productive!! and congrats! That is awesome!!
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

ClavAnother wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:01 pm
Purity_Control wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:56 pm A certain herb. :grin:

Unrelatedly, I hope you guys are ok with the Covid situation over there, I've heard it's got pretty hairy in Florida. :eek:

I’m doing good I think. I started a new job a week before COVID, I never worked from home and I never got ‘the thing’. The job keeps me busy enough that I haven’t posted lulz since...I have no idea when.

I have been going through personal rough patches though which I am trying to heal from by macro dosing on edibles. I think it’s helping.

I haven’t seriously played music in a long time but I’m trying to get back to caring about things and that includes being a creative artist.

I did go to STG Soundlabs last night and worked on the power section of my modular. I recently added a bunch of modules and had to rethink the whole system. I’m close to being able to use it again and actually looking forward to it.

I’m basically needing to rebuild most of my life so the way I have been looking at it lately is that I am pure potential. I have about 100 projects that I can work on when stop procrastinating.

I miss you folks and this group, and especially everyone’s awesome sense of humour.

Also happy birthday EP.

Hey Clav..!! I love everyone of you guyz too. No lie.

It's been rough for me too, the last year, I won't lie either. It's been a big change in many ways. It's all been good, but the weird thing is, things have never been this good before and I don't know how to deal with it. I'm not used to it and all the noise is gone and all my creepy demons have come out of the wood work and I've been dealing with those lately.

BUT the good news is, I can sit on my laptop and I actually feel good and empowered sitting down and working on music. I think there's just a time when you have to deal with the personal stuff, re-align your direction in life and one that's done, you can be creative again. Maybe for people like us, that's what keeps us going, that generative process.

I've been making a lot of stuff for the house lately. A lamp for my bedroom, a kind of art piece for the front hall. I took an old ikea picture off the wall and I'm in the process of turning it into some outdoorsy art.

Hope your doing well with those rough patches. We're here for ya man!
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

christianrock wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:09 pm ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
I love all these.. those and the medieval art ones, they're so funny, they're.. classics. :roll:
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »