Post by MetroSonus »

ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Re: hai guyz!

Post by ElectricPuppy »

gregwar

Post by gregwar »

is anyone interested in the behringer rd 8 and prototype rd 9? analog drum machines are cool but i’m so spoiled from using my daw and uvi drum designer, ni battery 4, and logic’s drum synth lately.

i had the tr 808 and 909 in roland cloud, before my annual sub ran out (and before it was a glitchy mess). i put them on tracks and made patterns, etc but they kind of sucked compared to my samples? :idk:

:wave: :jam: :drink:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

The new Maschine software version that I upgraded this year also has a drum synth that I haven't even played with yet, not to mention all the extra drum goodies that came with Komplete 12...
Though a hardware drum machine is always tempting...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

ElectricPuppy wrote:Image
Ah yes I know people like that...
soundwave106

Post by soundwave106 »

gregwar wrote:is anyone interested in the behringer rd 8 and prototype rd 9? analog drum machines are cool but i’m so spoiled from using my daw and uvi drum designer, ni battery 4, and logic’s drum synth lately.
Not really, but analog drums are not really something for the type of music I fiddle with. I have Addictive Drums (for rock type kits) and Spitfire Percussion (for orchestral drums). Works for me, I'm no longer about the PLUR and all about giant dramatic tam tam crashes. :lol:

But even in dance / hip-hop world, it sounds to me like it's pretty much all samples, at least for the "chart popular" style. Checking at the current Billboard Hot 100, American pop hip hop (still! I mean, this is a 10 year old style by now) follows the "trap" music template. Where you have lots of 808 BD / cymbal... but with obvious giveaways that it's samples (those super busy 808 cymbal fills aren't going to be made on a 16 step sequencer).

It looks like Behringer has beefed up the sequencer from the originals, so these machines might be great for live type sets or more jammy house / trance styles. Reports on the web indicate that there are MIDI timing issues though. :facepalm: So it sounds like it is best to wait for solid firmware even if it fits the music style you do.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Post by MetroSonus »

I've been totally redoing the wall in my dining room where my desk is. Long story short, I gave the second bedroom to my son for all of his nintendo stuff and computers and blah blah. Anyway, when we bought the house, we had an alcove that had a built in phone table that also had an electrical outlet like 4 feet off the ground. I tore out the built in when I was younger and it left the wall pretty tore up and I never fixed it because I always had a desk in front of it.

Well anyway, I've recently learned you can take the home center a piece of wall or whatever and they can match the paint on it and it's amazing how well it works. So anyway, I moved the outlet down on the wall, patched the hole and repaired the damage to all of the wall and I'm still in the process of repainting. Let me tell you I had no idea how bad plaster and drywall dust covers everything!!!! Next time I do it I'm going to make a tent out of PVC tubes and plastic to keep in in one location.

I decided on the controller I want.. I've decided I've wanted long enough and I want 88 keys..

https://www.amazon.com/Nektar-IMPACT-LX ... 550&sr=8-4

This is honestly the best desk I've ever had.. the kids trashed my first one and I bought a new one recently. I left off all of the bottom drawer stuff and the desk is big enough for an 88 controller on a shelf underneath. :thu:

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

MetroSonus wrote:I've been totally redoing the wall in my dining room where my desk is. Long story short, I gave the second bedroom to my son for all of his nintendo stuff and computers and blah blah. Anyway, when we bought the house, we had an alcove that had a built in phone table that also had an electrical outlet like 4 feet off the ground. I tore out the built in when I was younger and it left the wall pretty tore up and I never fixed it because I always had a desk in front of it.

Well anyway, I've recently learned you can take the home center a piece of wall or whatever and they can match the paint on it and it's amazing how well it works. So anyway, I moved the outlet down on the wall, patched the hole and repaired the damage to all of the wall and I'm still in the process of repainting. Let me tell you I had no idea how bad plaster and drywall dust covers everything!!!! Next time I do it I'm going to make a tent out of PVC tubes and plastic to keep in in one location.

I decided on the controller I want.. I've decided I've wanted long enough and I want 88 keys..

https://www.amazon.com/Nektar-IMPACT-LX ... 550&sr=8-4

This is honestly the best desk I've ever had.. the kids trashed my first one and I bought a new one recently. I left off all of the bottom drawer stuff and the desk is big enough for an 88 controller on a shelf underneath. :thu:

Nice... everyone needs 88 keys. So you bought it already?
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

No I haven't yet.. probably soon though.

Yeah I've just always wanted one. I'm at that age where I should be getting / building what I want rather than running off with every new fangled thing that comes around, I think, right? :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

MetroSonus wrote:No I haven't yet.. probably soon though.

Yeah I've just always wanted one. I'm at that age where I should be getting / building what I want rather than running off with every new fangled thing that comes around, I think, right? :lol:
I'll agree with that... if an 88 keybed is something you want, you should get a good one.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Post by Purity_Control »

MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

christianrock wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:No I haven't yet.. probably soon though.

I'll agree with that... if an 88 keybed is something you want, you should get a good one.
I've heard good things about the nektar... I recall.. having fiddled with one at a guitar center or something and I liked the keys on it, but not the particular model and it's features. My next choice, keys wise, would have been the m-audio code. In the "synth" keys, those two would have been my top favs.

Apparently roland has an 88 that's based on the fatar (which I've always liked) but it's more expensive and no controls..
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

christianrock wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:Image
Ah yes I know people like that...

and I just saw this one.. :lol: