hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 pm

Did I ever mention that the guy that was Lord Buckethead had to stop being Lord Buckethead because the people who own the copyright to the character said he either had to stop or pay them?

So then he reinvented himself as Count Binhead.

And then the Monster Raving Looney Party paid for the rights to use Buckethead so we ended up with a Buckethead who was a different guy and a Binhead.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:32 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Did I ever mention that the guy that was Lord Buckethead had to stop being Lord Buckethead because the people who own the copyright to the character said he either had to stop or pay them?

So then he reinvented himself as Count Binhead.

And then the Monster Raving Looney Party paid for the rights to use Buckethead so we ended up with a Buckethead who was a different guy and a Binhead.

I just love British politics.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Oh fuck me, he's standing for election as Mayor of London!

I think DrillMinister is still in the running too.

Edit: Bugger me, there's like 20 candidates, Drilly doesn't seem to have made it though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56739579
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:53 pm

So have you seen this person in front of tesco yet? :lol:

I'm gonna need some background on count binhead there.. I know you've posted it, but I don't get it. Do they register to run under their real names, but they're allowed to run under a pseudonym?

We had that crazy ass recall election in California 15 years ago? All sorts of actors / actresses ran for it. That would have been crazy as hell if Chuck E Cheese and the terminator were running and stuff.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:29 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:46 pm

I saw this video the other day and there's an entire earworm series. It's lots of short, but informative videos on musical topics. I think it's one of those things I've seen before but forgot about..

Anyway, I've always been a big fan of gated drums and they explained the process quite easily in the video and how it was created. So.. last night I tried it out, well I simulated it as best I could, in live.

I started out with one MIDI channel with a drum rack and then I added an audio channel, set the input to the drum rack and turned on the monitor so both were being heard at the same time through the mixer. On the audio return channel I added a limiter, gate and reverb.

The first few go rounds I tried various acoustic samples and they didn't sound right at all. I was trying to hold off on going with the obvious and trying to see if I could get any interesting results with other sounds and I have to say I wasn't impressed 100%. Of course, as soon as I went to the Linn drum samples it all sounded amazing. I think the thing is, if you prefer the electronic 80's sound, you need to have "clean" signals and you're only going to get them from generated sound sources, drum machines, keyboards etc. But hey, it really works and it sounds amazing!
MetroSonus

Postby topcat » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:18 pm

cool post, thanks for posting the vid.
I love GATED drums. I'll check this vid out when I have more time.
:thu:
topcat

Postby Purity_Control » Sun May 02, 2021 8:44 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Image

So have you seen this person in front of tesco yet? :lol:

I'm gonna need some background on count binhead there.. I know you've posted it, but I don't get it. Do they register to run under their real names, but they're allowed to run under a pseudonym?

We had that crazy ass recall election in California 15 years ago? All sorts of actors / actresses ran for it. That would have been crazy as hell if Chuck E Cheese and the terminator were running and stuff.

I think they register in their own names and then get introduced with 'know as' and their character name.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Wed May 05, 2021 3:52 pm

MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu May 06, 2021 2:55 am

Oh man, I lold at that!

It occurs to me that, unless you're a bazillionaire, you probably don't want to be known as Mr. MicroSoft.
Plink Floyd

Postby topcat » Thu May 06, 2021 1:40 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Oh man, I lold at that!

It occurs to me that, unless you're a bazillionaire, you probably don't want to be known as Mr. MicroSoft.

although he might put on his "salesman" suit and sell the point "we have a patch update for that", while not including the information the update also messes up your entire system. lol
topcat

Postby Purity_Control » Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 am

As I can't see a better place to put it, this looks interesting:

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Sat May 08, 2021 11:15 am

This actually is just around the corner from me, UK is really getting that 3rd world country vibe with a lot of heart and art but no real money going into important things.

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Sun May 09, 2021 11:35 am

Maybe next time, eh?

There's actually quite a few other candidates that polled lower.

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Sun May 09, 2021 1:02 pm

A bit random, but this is taken from my GoPro from last night when I went out for a long bike ride.

The bird is a Red Kite, sometimes if you're really lucky they'll dive bomb the road in front of you to try and get roadkill.

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Mon May 10, 2021 1:21 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Tue May 11, 2021 12:57 pm

MetroSonus

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.