The gear thread.

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

gregwar

Re: The gear thread.

Post by gregwar »

this new layout is quite different but ok, maybe i’ll try the other colours

i’ve made a few tracks with the BARP and really love it so far. i just realized i can probably bypass the filer with a triangle and still use the resonance to keep the low end…

i grabbed the ni k13 CE upgrade last week since it’s 50% off. i think i had k11 CE? all in all like 45 ish new (to me) products and very exciting

i haven’t bought cables in like 5+ years and ordered a laundry list of stuff i wanted from perfect circuit

everything will be able to be patched in all the time, some 3.5mm for the BARP, midi, a nice warm audio cable for my bass guitar and holy f*ck i forgot how much they cost! lol

now i must resist teh G.A.S. for the behr RD-9 i will tell myself it will need cables lol
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Post by MetroSonus »

Sounds nice. Also sounds like it's competing with the VST libraries out there. I'm really surprised though how few controls there are on it for a workstation. I know it pulls up behind the Krome, but compared to other similar keyboards, it has so few. It feels weird not to even see a drum pad, 8 sliders on it and so on.

The specs are comparable to other similar boards, but the price for the 61 is $2K US, so the loss of controls may be the reason for the lower price.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Post by christianrock »

MetroSonus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Sounds nice. Also sounds like it's competing with the VST libraries out there. I'm really surprised though how few controls there are on it for a workstation. I know it pulls up behind the Krome, but compared to other similar keyboards, it has so few. It feels weird not to even see a drum pad, 8 sliders on it and so on.

The specs are comparable to other similar boards, but the price for the 61 is $2K US, so the loss of controls may be the reason for the lower price.
Maybe it assumes you're doing all the editing from a computer?
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

synapse audio obsession (OBX emulation) is out.

Also, for korg legacy collection, they have now released a Prophecy vst..

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/kc_prophecy/

Also beware that you'll need to migrate over your old KLC license from korgusers.net to a korg.com account now.
gregwar

Post by gregwar »

was just going to post about this but you beat me to it!

the whole KORG Collection 3 looks amazing

:bounce:
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

christianrock wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:14 pm

Maybe it assumes you're doing all the editing from a computer?
I guess.. I'm just not really getting the perspective on this one. It's expensive, lack of controls, seems loaded with VST-esque sound packs for games and movies and then you probably do need a computer to edit it.

It's kind of like the electribe two. the sequencer is difficult to use and most of the functionality was based around exporting everything to Ableton Live clips.

I guess I want to know is anyone actually buying these things? It seems like they aren't sure what they want to be, hardware or not?
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

gregwar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 pm was just going to post about this but you beat me to it!

the whole KORG Collection 3 looks amazing

:bounce:

ha ha! I need to start making some purchases, but I'm very happy between Roland and Korg for offering full versions of their synths in virtual form. :bounce:
MetroSonus

Post by MetroSonus »

Found these vids from knobcon, which I guess happened a week or so ago? From over at GS. Lots of performances, gear demos and people talking gear!