Developer Urs Heckmann has announced that Bazille 1.0 – a modular software synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows (VST2, AU & AAX formats – 32bit & 64bit) – is now available.
Bazille is described as ‘a monster hybrid modular’, with digital oscillators combined with analogue-style filters and realistic effects.
- 4 digital oscillators with simultaneous FM (frequency modulation), PD (phase distortion) and FR (fractal resonance)
- 4 multimode analogue type filters with up to 6 parallel outputs each
- 4 modelled effects: stereo delay, distortion, phaser, spring reverb
- 2 LFOs with 3 parallel outputs each
- 4 ADS(S)R type envelope generators
- signal processors: Inverter, rectifier, sample & hold, lag generators and quantizer
- 2 mapping generators (waveshapers) with a variety of drawing tools and controls
- 8 x 16-step morphing sequencer
- multiplex modules for signal mixing, RM (ring modulation), AM (amplitude modulation)
- single-page alternative skin included
- microtuning support (.tun files)
- multichannel MIDI support
- user interface zoom in 10% steps
- over 1700 presets…
U-He Bazille is available now for $89 (+ VAT in the EU) through October 15. After that, the regular price is $129 (+ VAT in the EU). You can download and use it in demo mode before you register it.