“We recreated the tonal aspects of the original 2 oscillators and their waveforms but more importantly we modeled the 15 filter modes!
The Matrix 12’s complex sound was defined by its multiple filter modes and by the amazing number of modulation sources and destinations.
With nearly endless possibilities of modulation routings you can create sounds with very organic qualities not found in other synthesizers.”
- Two oscillators, each offering triangle, sawtooth and variable-width pulse wave with PWM.
- Oscillator 2 also offers a white noise generator.
- Oscillator 1 can be frequency modulated.
- Single filter with 15 modes, 4 Low Pass, 3 High Pass, 2 Band Pass modes, Notch, Phase Shift plus four additional “combo” filter modes.
- Ultra-powerful modulation matrix with 27 sources and 47 destinations.
- Sources include 5 envelopes, 5 LFOs, 4 Ramp, 3 Track generators, Velocity, Pressure, Keyboard follow, …
- Two insert effect slots with six studio-grade effects to choose from.
- 12 voices of polyphony like the original instrument
- Works in Standalone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
Check out Arturia’s Matrix 12 V page for more info, tutorials and sounds. Matrix 12 V is 169$.
A demonstration of updates and features of the Spark OS 1.7.
In the latest episode of Sonic Touch, Nick and Gaz dig into the new Arturia iMini, and even compare it to a Model D Minimoog.
Here’s an earlier comparison between Arturia iMini and the desktop version, Mini V.
- Minimoog sound.
- 3 Oscillators
- 24db per octave filter.
- Simulated headphone jack/external input feedback.
- 2 Assignable XY pads
- Chromatic or tuned scale keyboard modes
- Polyphonic mode
- Full featured arpeggiator
- HOLD and MEMORY latch modes
- Octave span
- 5 note order modes
- Speed and sync controls
- Virtual Analog Chorus
- Virtual Analog Delay
- Owners of both the iMini and Mini V software apps can transfer sounds from one platform to the other via iTunes.
- Full user MIDI mapping of panel controls.
- Supports WIST sync with other iOS devices.
- Tabletop Ready
- Soundcloud seeder (via Tabletop)
- Render to .wav file (via Tabletop)
- Audiocopy to paste your audio into another iPAD application. (via Tabletop)
Arturia iMini is available now for US $9.99 in the App Store.