A bigger beast than the original Launch Control, this is billed as “the ultimate mixer and device controller for Ableton Live”. The layout of the 24 knobs – in three rows of eight – mirrors that of Live’s mixer, and you also get 16 multicoloured buttons and eight faders. All controls are automatically set up, but also re-assignable.
As well as being compatible with PC and Mac (a copy of Ableton Live Lite comes in the box), the Launch Control XL also works with the iPad via a Camera Connection Kit.
You can find out more on the Novation website. Pricing details are still to be confirmed.
Novation Launch Control XL highlights
- Get immediate hands-on control over Ableton Live
- Tweak your sound using 24 knobs with multi-coloured indicators
- Get precise control over your levels with eight rugged faders
- Take it anywhere: it’s tough enough to handle any live situation
- Create your own control layouts by freely assigning any control to any function in Ableton
- Plug straight into Mac, PC or iPad and start performing
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate track focus and key mixer controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection
- Control MIDI-compatible iOS software via Camera Connection Kit