This is one nice looking little effect box that’s great for bit reduction effects! It’s based on 8 bit AD/ACs and features effects such as filters, delays and waveshapers. It also has 16 preset slots to store your favorite settings to for instant recall. All in all, this is just one of those things that speaks for itself, so I’ve included video and audio demos from OTO so you can judge for yourself!
EFFECTS: Add one of the following effects to your 8-bit modifications:
Each effect contains one or several parameters to set.
Save all the BISCUIT functions (bit status, pots positions, effects and filter settings) in one of its 16 presets.
You can also save as many presets as you like on your computer using the Preset Dump function (MIDI SysEx).
BISCUIT is MIDI compatible. Every pot, switch and effects setting can send/or can be controlled by a continuous controller message (known as CC).
Firmware can be upgraded via a MIDI SysEx file.
• Stereo inputs and outputs
• Input gain from -8 to 15 dB with diode clipping
• Real 8-bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog converters
• Unique capability of muting and inverting each of the 8 bits
• Variable sample clock from 250 Hz to 30 kHz
• True analog multimode filter with resonance control
• FX section: Waveshaper, Delay, Pitch Shifter and Step Filter
• Separate control of dry and 8-bit signals
• 16 presets
• MIDI : Continuous Controller, Beat Clock, Program Change and Sysex for presets
• True Bypass by relay
• Rugged metallic Neutrik© jacks
• Dimensions: 190mm x 60mm x 117mm / 7.48″ x 2.36″ x 4.60″ (W x D x H)
• Weight: 580g / 1.27 lbs