Korg today introduced the Electribe Music Production Station, a next-generation, Ableton Live-friendly 16-track polyphonic synth groovebox.
The new Electribe features sixteen back- lit Trigger pads, an intuitive X/Y Touch pad, and is now more mobile than ever, because it can run on battery power (optional AC adapter available).
Sequencing & Effects
The Electribe’s new step sequencer allows the player to create patterns while receiving visual feedback and instantly hearing the changes.
The pads can function as a chromatic keyboard for real-time input, or as a traditional step sequencer. The “Motion Sequence” function records knob and button operations, and plays them back to create smooth or stepped modulation and other effects.
The X/Y Touch pad has several functions, such as a Kaossilator-style “Touch Scale,” which plays a scale when the player slides a finger across the pad. It can also control effects and modulation sources.
Effects such as compression and overdrive are provided for each part, allowing each of the sixteen available parts to have their own sonic signature. Groove templates can also be specified for each part. Live performance is more intuitive than ever, due to the “Pattern Set” function which allows the player to instantly switch patterns by pressing the Trigger pads.
Ableton Live Integration & More
Based on a partnership with Ableton, the new Electribe features the ability to export Ableton Live clips, enabling a direct link between Electribe production and Live.
In addition to MIDI IN/OUT, Sync IN/OUT jacks are provided, allowing synchronized performances with the Volca series, Monotribe, or MS-20 Mini.
- Maximum Polyphony
- 24 voices*1 (Pseudo-polyphonic*2)
Number of parts
- 48.0 kHz
Number of Oscillator Types
Number of Filter types
Number of Modulation types
- 250 patterns
- 38 types
- 32 types
- Up to 64 steps for each part
- Up to 24 modulation sequences for each pattern
- Last Step can be varied for each part
- 16 (Velocity sensitive is supported)
- L/Mono Output (Standard Phone jack)
- R Output (Standard Phone jack)
- Headphones (Stereo mini jack)
- Line Input (Stereo mini jack)
- In, Out (Use an included MIDI adapter cable)
- Type micro B
- In, Out (Stereo mini jack)
External storage device
- SD Card (More than 1GB), SDHC Card (Up to 32GB)
- AC Adaptor or AA battery x 6
- (Alkaline battery or Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Battery Life: Approximately 5 hours
- (POWER SAVING: ON, with Nickel-Metal Hydride battery)
- Current Consumption is less than 500 mA
- Zinc die cast
- (W x D x H)
- 339 mm x 189 mm x 45 mm / 13.35” x 7.44” x 1.77”
- 1.6 kg / 3.53 lbs
- 0- +40? (non-condensing)
- AC Adaptor (KA-350) , MIDI adapter cable x 2, Ableton Live 9 Lite (License card included)
Pricing and availability for the Korg Electribe Music Production Station are t
o be announced, but at least one retailer is listing a street price of $400. See the Korg site for more info.
Update from Korg, 09/04/14: The Electribe should be available in December 2014 at $550 (US) MSRP