hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Metro. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to call.
Diet Pepsi has been banished since they changed the sweetener. I've been Team Diet Coke for quite a while now.
What's a sweet water? :idk: :freak: :cool: :whatever:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:41 pm

ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Oh rite.

Hey Clavamooger, are you going to Sweetwater Festivus this year? I am not.

I am not. STG is. I'd still like to try out that synth-sack at some point though.
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Ah Metro, sorry to see you in that kind of situation. If she's moved in with someone else already, that would be way too much drama, she might just be trying to find herself out of a bad situation that she's found herself in. I know you're a wise man and will know what to do...

Maybe this is what you need for a new job: meet new people every day, walk dogs, hang out with your son all over America for a year or two, and take pictures during travels and dog walks :thu: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/06/woman-r ... rover.html

I'm kidding but it does seem like a nice break from life as usual, doesn't it?
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby topcat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:29 pm

MetroSonus wrote: So much has happened to me in the last 4 years and it keeps changing..and yes I think a job change would be awesome. I think the main thing is I love working with people and as AV has gotten further and further away from that, I've become less happy with it. And yes summers off! I think this time around, i'd have a much better balance of life and studio time for real.

My goal is to be happier overall and to take control of it. I'd love to get back to music, photography and traveling really.. and having a more meaningful job that allows me to connect with people. :smoke:

So sorry you have so much unsettling going on for so long. It seems we go through periods where there is the "lull" and then followed by wave after wave of "wtf?" relentless crap that won't let up.
Hang on, you'll have another lull again, and hopefully it's for a long time, long enough to sprout new roots and feel the sunshine again.
I've noticed over the course of my 70 years, the cycles of highs and lows, the more you deal with them, they kind of round you out, like water over a stone until it eventually becomes smooth and cool to touch.
The highs aren't as high, and the lows usually aren't as low, and the more cycles you live through, become narrower and narrower until it's just one state of mind.

I'm glad you are considering teaching, you'd be awesome. Teaching is like performing because you can actually feel the feedback from the audience or in your case your students..
Do what makes you happy(when possible), life IS short and you have to be able to look back and think "no regrets".

Ok, I'm done, going back to the mothership for awhile to regroup. ;)
topcat

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:What's a sweet water? :idk: :freak: :cool: :whatever:

It's a gearfest hosted by a company that, once you purchase something from them, will happily call you every couple months to see if you need MOAR GEERZ.

Alternately, it's a music festival hosted in Atlanta by some "old school hipster" brewery (they were microbrew before craft brew was cool, man!) where you can engage in fun activities such as food trucks and Earth Day sustainability and running a 5K and (at least this year) all the newgrass / alt-country / americana / jam bands you'd expect from this sort of event.

(I'll be taking a trip to Alaska next week, ending with a 10K in Fairbanks, near midnight, in daylight. Reportedly there's also a beer tent at the end. :drink: So that's my "what's up" apart from running around fixing everyone's computers and not synthing much. Managed to knock out a couple minutes a couple weeks ago though.)
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:37 am

In addition to friendly phone calls, Sweetwater gives you CANDY WITH EVERY SHIPMENT! And, I asked them to stop calling and they did.

Alaska sounds cool!* That trip has been on my bucket list for a long time.

Renting a houseboat on Dale Hollow Lake is also on my list, but in a few weeks I'll be checking it off.

*pun intended.
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:56 pm

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:05 pm

EP.. you'll have to send me your number again. I had to reset my phone and I thought all my contacts were synched with google.. not. :/

The highs aren't as high, and the lows usually aren't as low, and the more cycles you live through, become narrower and narrower until it's just one state of mind.

I'm glad you are considering teaching, you'd be awesome. Teaching is like performing because you can actually feel the feedback from the audience or in your case your students..
Do what makes you happy(when possible), life IS short and you have to be able to look back and think "no regrets".

That's where I'd liked to be honestly.. just a very narrow, lets just keep moving point of view. I think the highs have leveled off for the most part, I just need the lows to come up a bit.

But thanks! Working with teens has really been a passion of mine for a long time. I need to make the jump as I'm really passionate about science, so much so that my son says I should be on youtube. A big part of his young life was having science discussions in the car, but he hit his teens and he split into technology.

I'm in one of those WTF moments and I know it's just a matter of time until doors open up, I get comfy and I hit that next lull, where I can grow some more.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys!
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:40 pm

soundwave106 wrote:(I'll be taking a trip to Alaska next week, ending with a 10K in Fairbanks, near midnight, in daylight. Reportedly there's also a beer tent at the end. :drink: So that's my "what's up" apart from running around fixing everyone's computers and not synthing much. Managed to knock out a couple minutes a couple weeks ago though.)

Very nice. Alaska is beautiful and I'd also like to go there someday.

Plink Floyd wrote:Renting a houseboat on Dale Hollow Lake is also on my list, but in a few weeks I'll be checking it off.

That is cool. From the pictures you'll have a good time. Do you like fishing?
I guess we're lucky here in North Georgia, I'm basically at the edge of one of the big lakes here (Allatoona) and Lake Lanier is also just about an hour away. We get to go to Lanier all the time. And there's all sorts of other state parks and lakes aroun here, we were just camping this weekend at Fort Yargo state park which is in the city limits of Winder, GA - about just over an hour away. Fun was had.

MetroSonus wrote:I'm in one of those WTF moments and I know it's just a matter of time until doors open up, I get comfy and I hit that next lull, where I can grow some more.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys!

Actually the consensus is that the growth happens during those tough times, not the lull times... everything happens for a reason :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Zoinks! What is up people?
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:58 pm

selfinflikted wrote:Zoinks! What is up people?

O HAI FREN

Missed ya :wave:

We're alternating lulz with some moments of random conversations about everything under the sun, changing the topic several times per page. What else is new :lol:

How have you been?
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby gregwar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm

hai guyz :wave;

the snow in the canadian north coast has melted and i has put the husky sled away for nao

i been outside enjoying the weather and staying up late !

also, i has synthd and sampeld!1

:pipeguysmiley:
gregwar

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:17 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:20 pm

MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm

gregwar wrote:hai guyz :wave;

the snow in the canadian north coast has melted and i has put the husky sled away for nao
Wait WUT? U have a husky sled? :eek: :love:
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:houseboat on Dale Hollow Lake
christianrock wrote:That is cool. From the pictures you'll have a good time. Do you like fishing?

It's the prettiest lake I've seen, but I've not seen them all by any means. It's the best I know within a day's drive of my haus. The bottom is shale, so it usually has very clear water. Also countless coves and bays so it's almost as if you have a private lake to yourself. They've never allowed any commercial development or private residences on the shores except a handful of marinas and a few campgrounds. My P&M used to like to camp & fish there when I was a kid, & I trailered my ski boat there a few times. We're also renting a fishing boat.

I don't go out of my way to fish, but I'll do some of it while I'm there. The fishing boat we're renting is a pontoon set up like a bass boat: live well, swivel chairs, foot controlled trolling motor, depth finder, ect. With a 90hp outboard, bimini top and comfy couch & chairs, it'll also make a good runabout.
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 pm

christianrock wrote:O HAI FREN

Missed ya :wave:

We're alternating lulz with some moments of random conversations about everything under the sun, changing the topic several times per page. What else is new :lol:

How have you been?

OH HAI.

Missed you guys too!

So, not much is up except teh work promotionz, which means more responsibility, which means less time to log in to here from work, but also means bigger checkz.

I did update my System 8 to V1.12 and almost had a minor heart attack when I powered it back on and no sound came out from teh patchez. But, luckily I has a friend in Matt - he told me he would hit me if I didn't first back up, and so I backed up. And so I backed up and everything was fine and lived happily ever after the end.

Wait. Can I talk about synths in here?
selfinflikted
Down in it

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.