The gear demo thread.

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: The gear demo thread.

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm

I think EP is srsly missing. He hasn't poasted in almost two months.

Someone should check in with him on the Facebook.
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Wow has it been that long?! :eek:

I'll see if he's around..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:34 pm

I can't tell what his last log in on facebook was.. I sent him a message though.. doesn't Clav or SI have his number? someone should give him a ring or text
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm

He said he's ok and just busy with business.. he said he'll check in laters.
MetroSonus

Postby ClavAnother » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:47 am

As long as EP is fine, then I guess we can get back to synth stuff. Here is my modular droning for no good reason other than I wanted to know that it still works after travelling out of state with it.

ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:10 pm

https://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Accent-Module-Piano-Sound/dp/B01CA1FTCU/ref=pd_day0_hl_0_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01CA1FTCU&pd_rd_r=f9fc1d5a-579a-11e9-ba44-5b53f8bf2b96&pd_rd_w=h5R9X&pd_rd_wg=DIgHM&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=2PXKAD9T5RY0QC231P2R&psc=1&refRID=2PXKAD9T5RY0QC231P2R

Totally went under my radar, although it's kind of not my thing, but it might be yours hence why i'm posting it. M_Audio has their own piano module.. really neat and not too $$ if you just need a box to throw on your controller..

-Inputs / Outputs
USB Port: Connect to a USB MIDI controller keyboard to play the sounds on the Accent Module
MIDI In: Connect this to the MIDI output of an external MIDI keyboard using a standard MIDI cable
Main Out: use a 1/4” line-level outputs to connect to powered speakers or an amplifier system
Aux Input: Use a 1/8” stereo cable to connect an external audio source here, such as a drum machine, media player, or CD player
Kensington Lock: Attach a security cable to the Accent Module

-Voices (Sounds): 20
Piano
Electric Piano
MKII Smooth
Clavinet
Clean Organ
Overdriven Organ
String Staccato
String Pizzicato
String Pad
Harmonica
Fretless Bass
Electric Bass
Clean Guitar
Synth String
Synth Lead
Synth Brass
Synth Bass
Percussive Pad
Percussive Synth
Drums
MetroSonus

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:05 am

I went to Florida at the beginning of April and had some interesting experiences. One of them was having the chance to play some nice vintage synths like the Matrix 12. I also had the pleasure of hearing a Rev 2 Prophet 5 and while it is a wonderful synth, it didn't do the one thing I have been longing to hear ever since I sold my Prophet 10. I am speaking of the quirk where it will shift to the new parameter values audibly while changing presets as well as when switching from unison to poly while portamento is engaged. The Rev 2 Prophet 5 stops the audio when making these changes. So it appears to be a curtis chip thing. Luckily there was a Rev 3 P5 as well as a P10 there too :grin:

The next thing I did was spend an hour playing both P5s and loving every second of it. Moot Booxle happened to be running tape, so the audio of the whole thing exists. Unfortunately my video camera battery died after 3 min, so there isn't any vid feed.

Anyway, in case you are interested, here is me having fun and living the way I wish to live every day. I think it's cool enough to post, but as I listen I have been feeling compelled to add more tracks like drums bass guitar and synth and vocoder. I really can't decide.

ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Man, I SO wanted a P5 when they came out. It was outgassed only by the MemoryMoog.
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:33 am

man that video has given my nothing but trouble uploading. it failed twenty times, then it finally went up but instead of the 42 minutes it should be, it stops after 4. it's a real shame because it sounds cool.
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Where did you get to down here? I know we used to have a killer vintage synth museum in Orlando that I never got to see :cry: apparently it closed in the midst of a divorce.
MetroSonus

Previous

Return to KSS