happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:But I must admit, part of me is relieved to be finally out of the house because they made a WHOLE NEW BATCH OF THOSE GHAWDAWFULL HALLMARK MOVIES and still played the old ones for days and days. My fellow matrimoniacs will know of what I speak. Am I rite, Miek?

:lol: ... luckily at my wife's Mom's house, much of the time was spent on the Hallmark Yule Log program.
Even though it looped every hour or so (maybe less), it still was a better experience than a Hallmark movie.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:42 am

No Hallmark allowed in this house. But I've been subjected to the usual round of holiday favorites, and I could go a few years without having to see them again, ifyaknowwhatimean
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:36 am

I think I don't know what a hallmark movie is. But then, I don't have a tv
ClavAnother

Postby topcat » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:27 pm

soundwave106 wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:But I must admit, part of me is relieved to be finally out of the house because they made a WHOLE NEW BATCH OF THOSE GHAWDAWFULL HALLMARK MOVIES and still played the old ones for days and days. My fellow matrimoniacs will know of what I speak. Am I rite, Miek?

:lol: ... luckily at my wife's Mom's house, much of the time was spent on the Hallmark Yule Log program.
Even though it looped every hour or so (maybe less), it still was a better experience than a Hallmark movie.

I have a DVD of variations of a Fish Tank......really.....seriously......I bet you can guess what the soundtrack sounds like.
topcat

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Hallmark did Merlin and a god awful version of Alice in Wonderland?
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:41 pm

OMG plink!!! I know......... We went over christmas day to my parents and my mom started watching the hallmark movies and she's like they're all the same.. god they were awful. They were filmed like a commercial too.. I kept thinking that someone was going to pop up and tell us about long distance, or something lol. But my mom was like "but I still watch them anyway". Ugh.

I did the youtube yule log thing here.. such a tradish. lol. We had nice weather but now it's back to low 80's and 100% humidity *pant pant.*

soundwave106 wrote: The Holiday Special is paint by numbers bad 1970s variety show. Plan 9 is made by someone who at least has some creativity but no technical talent. The Star Wars Holiday Special is technically competent but creatively brain dead, even creatively extremely cringe worthy in some cases (the Diahann Carroll segment stands out to me as totally inappropriate to the Star Wars style).

I know :lol; Ye ol, "We may not get to have a christmas!!!" storyline.. how many ABC specials did we sit through where some family gets snowed in at a country gas station that's owned by John Denver? The neighbor ends up being Kenny Rogers and they sing they whole time so the family learns the true meaning of Christmas and the finale is the big "if not you then who?!" moment. Remind me why I didn't put a barf emoticon on the board?

It's been interesting trying to explain to my son, that's all there was back then to watch!! :cry:

You know what's funny though, is if the Diahann Carroll was out of the star wars style book, which I agree, it's right on for everything else on TV that was cashing in on the craze at the time. She could have easily have been a guest star on buck rogers or battlestar galatica. The segment really would have really fit into those type shows. They're transporting a singer / secret agent or something who happens to be nice enough to put on a show for the crew.. totally lol

Here's a by the by.. does anyone remember the horizons ride at EPCOT? where you'd fly between future living situations? earth, sea space? In the sea one, someone is talking to their brother and he's working on an engine. I always wondered if it was inspired by the holiday special. When they're fist seen, they're both leaning over engines and talking about an upcoming holiday. I think if memory serves.. I can't believe i screen capped that.. :lol: :facepalm:

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby topcat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 pm

For your holiday viewing pleasure, HAPPY NEW YEAR my dear internetz friends.
topcat

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:04 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL :wave:

How's everyone been? I work in a very open environment these days so it's hard to be on any forums lately...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:23 pm

i had an awesome break! Got lots done, rested plenty and had fun :wave:

Are you a free range professor chicken now?
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm

I been working weekends, but snuck in some time around the break, but now it's all hands on deck again.

I've been pounding away on the piano quite a bit, though. I asked Santa for one of them newfangled handheld recorders so I could maybe record some of it, but SANTA SAID NO.

How you all been? I hope everyone's doing well.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:51 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:I been working weekends, but snuck in some time around the break, but now it's all hands on deck again.

I've been pounding away on the piano quite a bit, though. I asked Santa for one of them newfangled handheld recorders so I could maybe record some of it, but SANTA SAID NO.

YOU GOT CHARCOAL LUMPS DIDN"T YOU

And I'm doing well, thank God. It sounds like everyone here had a nice holiday break.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:48 pm

christianrock wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:I been working weekends, but snuck in some time around the break, but now it's all hands on deck again.

YOU GOT CHARCOAL LUMPS DIDN"T YOU

And I'm doing well, thank God. It sounds like everyone here had a nice holiday break.

No lumps. :) BUT I did get a nice piano lamp! Now I can actually read the music!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:26 pm

wait wait wait.. that's all it took you to get going was a lamp?

:lol:

Geez.. you're easy.. and it makes one wonder why it took you so long lol
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm trying to learn learn some jazzier chord changes and trying to get comfy using these spicier chords on the fly. I'm using a fake book ans some old standards for inspiration.

Oddly, I seem to be drawn to old school bossa nova. lol. LOL I SAY
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:I'm trying to learn learn some jazzier chord changes and trying to get comfy using these spicier chords on the fly. I'm using a fake book ans some old standards for inspiration.

Oddly, I seem to be drawn to old school bossa nova. lol. LOL I SAY

If you needed any proof that you're getting old... :facepalm: :poke: :wave: :jam:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:25 am

christianrock wrote:If you needed any proof that you're getting old... :facepalm: :poke: :wave: :jam:

Heh. :cool:

But, there's always those that used bossa nova in a winking, respectful kind of kitschy way. The late 1990s to 2000s downtempo scene for whatever reason got into the space-age bachelor pad type of music and thus frequently dived into the bossa-nova, lounge, and exotica bucket. (Of course even a lot of the downtempo stuff in this manner is now 15 years old...)
BC | SC
soundwave106

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.