Purity_Control

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Purity_Control

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:43 pm

You know it's not goonna be a good week when Monday morning starts like this:

I'm ok, gonna be limping for a few days and there's some huge bruises coming through, unharmed though. Got a 1 week season ticket on the train to give myself time to heal.

Deffo gonna look at some sort of light shin/knee pads, got bashed up down there real good.

No news on work situation, looks for now at least superficially like things are going to continue, hard to say.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:07 pm

OUCH! I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse PC, hope you heal up quick!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Oh FFS! Hope you weren't too badly hurt :(
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:20 pm

Ye-owch! :eek: :cry:

Sorry about your knees, but at least you were wearing thick gloves.
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Ye-owch! :eek: :cry:

Sorry about your knees, but at least you were wearing thick gloves.

I've got to say, a little padding goes a long way, hands were absolutely fine.

Got some cheapy streth knee/shin pads on Ebay that will do until I find something better, seems to always be that part that cops for it in a mishap. Will shop for some rigid pads somehere I can try them on, prob. best to stop worrying about coming of and accept that when you do about 120 miles a week through the back of beyond you're gonna sometimes.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Ouchie PC! Good to hear that hands are ok. And that work seems like it won't change in a hurry.

I hope the recovery is quick! With those things you never know. I had a fall slipping off the stairs some 5 years ago that didn't seem all that bad, and it took me over 6 months to get over the pain. But two years later I slipped on the ice and fell on my back bone and the pain was unbearable for a few minutes. I thought, this will take even longer to get better.... but within days I had no more pain. So here's hoping you're much better already :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:00 pm

christianrock wrote:Ouchie PC! Good to hear that hands are ok. And that work seems like it won't change in a hurry.

I hope the recovery is quick! With those things you never know. I had a fall slipping off the stairs some 5 years ago that didn't seem all that bad, and it took me over 6 months to get over the pain. But two years later I slipped on the ice and fell on my back bone and the pain was unbearable for a few minutes. I thought, this will take even longer to get better.... but within days I had no more pain. So here's hoping you're much better already :)

I seem to be healing slowly but steadily, walking at normal speed again with a slight limp and a little pain, damn good for a day and a half later.

Will see what the bruising is like when I get a bath on Friday - it's looking horrorshow already! :eek:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Was sure I'd said something here but already can't find it no so maybe not.

Been a bit busy the last week or two in a not good way as my work are making about half of their head office staff redundant, I've taken voluntary redundancy (if I don't it goes to statutory in which case I'm still out but get nothing), finish on 21st December.

Pay off is not too bad and better than some supposedly ethical places I've worked, gives me some breathing space out to perhaps the end of February if I really need it.

Sucks but not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Mostly healed from the black ice mishap now, hav a slightly sore bump just below one knee and oddly another on the side of my left thumb... dunno how that got there.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby topcat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear about your job loss PC.
I hope you eventually find the BESTEST JOB ever..... :thu:
topcat

Postby christianrock » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Hopefully you'll get a better job soon!

It sucks to be out on Christmas week though.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.