clavanother

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: clavanother

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 am

ClavAnother wrote:there is supposed to be this chick named rose trying out for our band who was on american idol and made it to la [whatever the hell that means] - (I never saw the show cause I ain't got tee vee)

The guys think that we will make more money if we can haz a chick in teh band. I think they might be right.
How did the tryout go?

I enjoyed being in a band with a chick singer. I think it gave our image a bit more class than some of the competition, which probably translated into better bookings.

If anyone's bored and wishes to peruse some poor quality old snippets... http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad12/plinkfloyd2/

The pw is LOL1986
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Are you on keys?
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Are you on keys?
That depends on why you're asking... :lol:

But, I'll tough up and admit it: keys, sax, & occasional frontage. It kinda bums me that, out of all the years I did that, I only have a couple of hours of really crummy VHS footage to look back on. Not even any still pics. :cry:
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 pm

I was just thinking that the little fella that's the frontman is really going for it. :grin:

Never even played a gig myself, so i'm not going to get stuck up about it or anything.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ClavAnother » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:41 am

Uh... just so you know, you are both severely off topic. Just sayin.

Clavtehnuther has spokewritten.
ClavAnother

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:44 am

This whole forum is so off topic that anything off topic is actually on topic. If you follow me.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 am

Plink Floyd wrote:
Purity_Control wrote:Are you on keys?
That depends on why you're asking... :lol:

But, I'll tough up and admit it: keys, sax, & occasional frontage. It kinda bums me that, out of all the years I did that, I only have a couple of hours of really crummy VHS footage to look back on. Not even any still pics. :cry:

Nice stuff Plinky, you rock star you!

How very 80's it all is.....hehe.....actually some 90's slipping in there too.

I like your sax playing. I too play sax, but not as well as you I must say

:thu:
Last edited by BonsoWonderDog on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:53 am

BonsoWonderDog

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 am

Good to see some aussie music making a show:

http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad12 ... ouneed.mp4

Not I like INXS much.......couple of good songs.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:29 am

Purity_Control wrote:I was just thinking that the little fella that's the frontman is really going for it. :grin:
:grin: I know the vid's crappy, but you keed, right? She was nineteen when she joined our merry band of minstrels. A total sweetheart, she was. Not a bit of diva about her. And She could dance all night and shake the paint off the walls.

Bonzo wrote:...actually some 90's slipping in there too. I like your sax playing. I too play sax, but not as well as you I must say
No 90s, I'm sure the latest of those two shows was 86. And if you're playing sax at all right now you're better than me cause I'm totally rusty.

Hey, is this Elvis?
Nah, it's Beavis.

Good to see some aussie music making a show
Man, Aussie music was BIG then. I played lots of Men at Work and INXS. As an adequate keys/sax player I could have worked 12 nights a week.

Clav wrote:Uh... just so you know, you are both severely off topic. Just sayin.
How did the tryout go?

I enjoyed being in a band with a chick singer. I think it gave our image a bit more class than some of the competition, which probably translated into better bookings.

If anyone's bored and wishes to peruse some good quality new snippets... http://soundcloud/MattChandra/JamWithTapes/
The pw is 867-5309
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:29 pm

88 73 88 54 73 88 73 73

Let's see...

The first one [Mk I stage 88] was $60. I got it from the high school. It was a major dog, the action was nearly impossible, but it had a weird cool sound. POS

The second one [Mk I stage 73] was $30. I got it from the same school. The action was hugely improved, and it is still the best sounding rhodes I have ever played.

Number three [Mk II stage 88] $80. Found in a friend's basement. It was his dad's and was abandoned decades before. The action was light as hell, but the sound was not what I was really going for.

Four [54] $275. Saw it at Perry's music in villa park. It was an oddity for me at the time and I had to have it. It had it's place.

Five [Suitcase {Mk I} 73] $200 piano only. Yes I realize that the suitcases do not use Mark designations, but they did follow in parallel with the design changes. This is the piano that I use to this day. It has an NOS preamp, and now has an NOS suitcase bottom. This is the piano on all of my recordings in the past 12 years. Before that it was the other 73.

Six [Suitcase {Mk II} 88] $1999. NOS and complete. It was a joy to be the first owner in the year 1999. This piano is actually on one recording only (Venice). The action was like butta, but not so greasy. The sound was perfect, but more importantly the preamp and cab were brand new and I just had to cannibalize her.

Seven [Mk I stage 73] $100. Bought from a Mexican Elvis impersonator the day I bought the $50 Minimoog, the 147, the orchestrator, the M500. This thing was a dog and I traded it for a 1965 Bandmaster head + $100 cashola about a week after I got it.

Eight [Mk I stage 73] $60. Sitting on the floor, just got in the door, don't know what I'll do, maybe sell it to you?

I can't help but think that I forgot about a few of them in there...
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:02 pm

So is it really your birthday? If so how does my phone know and why did it wake me up to tell me this morning?

Happy Birthday!! :wave:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Ah, happy burblediddly?
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:05 pm

oops :freak: well now my phone is telling us happy anniversary :wave: so we know that aint right.. or is it? :confuse:

I can't wait to ditch this piece of shit next year. :mad: Never get a samsung phone.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 pm

wat
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:33 pm

MetroSonus wrote: :mad: Never get a samsung phone.
Correct.

ClazzMatazz wrote:wat
wet
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:44 am

Happy New Year.

I have to go play a gig soon, I wish I could stay home and smoke my pipe and drink some ale instead.

The last thing I want to do this year is keyboard, lulz!

\.:freak:.?
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:08 am

ClavAnother wrote:I have to go play a gig soon
So far, yer teh winnar. I'ma watch a viddy or two with the fam & probably zonk out before 11:00.

ClavAnother wrote:The last thing I want to do this year is keyboard, lulz!
So, this is very witty, right? I mean, if you're playing right at 11:59:59 PM, keyboarding is the last thing you'll be doing this year, right? Unless you're doing the midnight smootch thingy with somebody, but usually the band gets gypped out of that.

Although I vaguely remember one year some chick said that wouldn't stop her, and damn if she didn't wantonly come on stage during the countdown and forcibly play tonsil tag with ye olde keyboard player while he was trying to play his musics!

Forced me, she did!

I swear.
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:20 am

Happy New yeah, mang. :thu: Hope all's well in Clavland!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm

:grin: I know the vid's crappy, but you keed, right?

Actually, i was not kidding. i guess it was the 80s and when i saw the hair... :facepalm:

my bad.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.