hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:08 pm

christianrock wrote:makes sense to me :idk:

Happens to me most frequently with dude on motorcycles. UPS truck in front of me, semi to the right, guy behind me on a motor cycle keeps running up on me and flashing his one working head light at me. I blink the tail lights to tell him to back off. There was literally no where I could have gone and he could plainly see it. First time I ever felt like I needed a gun or a bean bag shot gun or something. Dash cam for sure..

Ah I hate traffic here :lol:

Happy thursday ! :wave: :wave:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:11 pm

gregwar wrote:i can’t remember what thread we discussed roland cloud

anyways i was thinking the other day an 808 and 909 would be cool

https://instagram.com/p/BeWiDjrBxPV/

roland announced them at namm today!

I think it was the studio show off and build thread. I really interested to what they will intro next.
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:10 pm

MetroSonus wrote:
christianrock wrote:makes sense to me :idk:

Happens to me most frequently with dude on motorcycles. UPS truck in front of me, semi to the right, guy behind me on a motor cycle keeps running up on me and flashing his one working head light at me. I blink the tail lights to tell him to back off. There was literally no where I could have gone and he could plainly see it. First time I ever felt like I needed a gun or a bean bag shot gun or something. Dash cam for sure..

Ah I hate traffic here :lol:

Happy thursday ! :wave: :wave:

You think that's bad? We are just spoiled here in the US :lol:

You know I just spent almost a month in Brazil, right? Down there, motorcycles don't follow the rules everybody else does. I was on the road a lot, and I saw this every.single.day, many.times.a.day, especially if traffic was backed up, there would be dozens of bikes doing this:

When on a highway, I can't count the times when someone zoomed by me as the traffic slowed a bit, and I was always having to pay attention and do my best to stay in a completely straight line because I'm not used to this yet and I didn't want to kill anyone by accident...

Also, the emergency lane there (and any other bit of paved road) is a normal lane for a lot of people, both bikes and cars.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 pm

I thought they passed a law saying it was ok for cycles to go in between in a traffic jam. Also their tanks don't hold as much gas for just sitting around. I don't like to go between cars because if someone opens a door you're fucked. But I will say that I've gone in places not exactly designated for driving.

I also park on the sidewalk right in front of a store sometimes. People hate, but they be jelly, wat?
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes, in Brazil, everything you see in the videos is perfectly legal (except maybe some of the speeds...)

I think here in the US it's ok to go through cars if it's a traffic jam, but in Brazil, you can do it even if the cars/trucks are moving normally.

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:06 pm

This guy was VERY lucky, but dying in accidents like this happens every day down in Brazil.

Last edited by christianrock on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Holy yikes! That's a serious Code Brown right there.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby gregwar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:00 pm

this is why i cannot have a motor bike, certain death to me due to inappropriate inappropriateness :facepalm:

in other news eelektron intro’ed digitone, a four track, 8 note poly fm synth with the tag line master of teh digital. neat

:idea:
gregwar

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:56 pm

There's nothing certain in a negative context about riding a cycle. The only certainty I know of is the amazing joy you feel when you're on it.

In other news, I've never been turned on by FM synthing. I think it must be how Yamaha ruined the era of the great electro mechanicals and therefore put a chink in the music of the time that gave me a bad taste.

That comment is justified by the fact that there are now accurate emulations as well as the use of the actual monster EM keyboard instruments.

Anyway..wat were we talking aboot??
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Funny. last night I was playing some awesome sounds on the Fusion with FM, and the day before I was playing with FM8.

The Fusion is amazingly warm with FM sounds (it uses the VA filters on them) and FM8 is amazingly crisp and beautiful.

But those were all sounds that were there. I'm not programming anything in FM at this point... but if I did I think I'd do it in the Fusion.
Last edited by christianrock on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:10 pm

I have friends that are really into FM, all ever hear that's cool from them is maybe programming some good bass, but for my money, you can get good bass anyplace. I just can't get into it somehow.

ps, I guess I see it like this:

'Hey, let's use a synth thats really hard to program and make some mostly useless sounds with it!' I mean who are we, Todd Rundgren????
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:26 pm

But EP type sounds sound really good and are very expressive with FM - forget that cheesy DX7 EP, there's much better out there including in FM8. Much better EPs than subtractive sysnthesis could ever come up with, and more expressive than most sampled Rhodes (plus it's a different sound that cuts through better in the mix).

One of my favorite sounds to play around is a good Fusion piano layered with an FM EP. The expressiveness is just amazing, especially for solo playing/practicing.

I also have a library by KPR (or two) that has special FX/evolving sounds done in the Fusion's FM engine that are really cool. And in one of his sound sets he did an EP in FM "imitating" an analog EP that's the best of both worlds - not screechy like the DX7 EP, in fact it's quite warm, but it still is expressive as heck and cuts through the mix beautifully.

Finally, the Fusion has some additional libraries done by Steve Hollow (RIP) of Hollow Sun that he did with the FS1R that I've used quite a bit, throughout that album I released back in 2011 (mostly the pads). It's sampled but it does have that beuatiful sheen that the FS1R is famous for.

And you can't beat FM bell-type sounds...

So, I don't think FM is for useless sounds at all...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 am

christianrock wrote:

And you can't beat FM bell-type sounds.

There it is. You've defined it for me. This is why I don't have any interest in FM
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:52 pm

MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 pm

ClavAnother wrote:
christianrock wrote:

And you can't beat FM bell-type sounds.

There it is. You've defined it for me. This is why I don't have any interest in FM

That's by far not the only thing you can do with FM... but I digress. :kraftwerk:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:30 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:11 pm

MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:27 pm

ClavAnother wrote:I thought they passed a law saying it was ok for cycles to go in between in a traffic jam. Also their tanks don't hold as much gas for just sitting around. I don't like to go between cars because if someone opens a door you're fucked. But I will say that I've gone in places not exactly designated for driving.

I also park on the sidewalk right in front of a store sometimes. People hate, but they be jelly, wat?

It depends on the local laws. Lane splitting is illegal in Florida and harassment is just harassment. lol riding on the shoulder, crossing double lines, all illegal here.

I've had to block some things on facebook because at least here, there are a lot of traffic altercations. I get sick of seeing it.. they cyclist always cuts out the part where he cut someone off, revved up right next to someone's open window etc and then a fight breaks out and they post them, edited, like "they can't get any respect, watch out for bikers". :eyes:

Dudes I absolutely respect are the harley / barka lounger riders. They usually have second cars, only ride on the weekend and they stay on country roads. Most of your serious bicyclists do that too.

What bothers me about the motorcyclists is they're playing with the lives. :cry:
MetroSonus

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.