selfinflikted

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: selfinflikted

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Dunno. But I DO know the handful of demos I've watched seem to point to it sounding pretty darn sweet!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:32 am

christianrock wrote:It does look sweet doesn't it? To combine the analog sounds with wavetables or FM... though I'm curious to find out how an "FM operator" works.

ClavAnother

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 pm

christianrock wrote:It does look sweet doesn't it? To combine the analog sounds with wavetables or FM... though I'm curious to find out how an "FM operator" works.

The manual is amazingly up already. Yay! The built in "VPM" is on page 28. It is basically 1 op FM with a lot more waveforms than sine, and some built in modulation EGs that you can adjust.

So... limitedish. But... they are apparently keeping open slots for "user oscillators".

Personally, I'm not terribly interested in the board as it stands, because the sound for "analog" is a bit meh to me compared to something like the Andromeda and P6 I already have. (Personal opinion of course, if you love it, awesome, because it's pretty low cost for what it is.)

With the digital oscillator, though, it might sound nicely of its own thing. One op FM isn't the most exciting thing in the world (again, MHO), but I'm going to half guess that it would not be *terribly* difficult to port over, say, any of the Mutable Instruments Braids oscillators (open source code, yay!) that don't rely on lookups (as the algs basically also rely only on two parameters). I'm a pretty big fan of analog + some of the Braids algs together on the modular.

Lack of modulation is an issue on this synth on the surface (one LFO), but you might be able to make up for the lack of modulation in the digital osc or effects section too. (A trivial LFO for modulation purposes is pretty easy to code, same with internal EGs like the Korg 1 op FM alg did).

I personally doubt that the SDK's going to open up a block o' RAM for wavetables or other lookup style oscillators, but "you never know".

So I'm holding my personal GAS for the SDK details. :cool:
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby christianrock » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:13 pm

1-OP FM? Ahahaha. Well I guess if you combine it with the analog oscillators you could get interesting sounds.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:16 pm

ClavAnother

Postby topcat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 pm

ClavAnother wrote:Image

:lol:
topcat

Postby akliner » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:33 am

Does anyone else happen to pick up on the fact that as soon as TC comes back, SI is nowhere to be found? You know, they're never in the same place at the same time?? Do you sense a bit of Clark Kent/Superman dynamic happening here??? Shenanigans are a distinct possibility, I think.
HI I AM JONATHAN TAYLOR THOMAS YOU MAY REMEMBER ME FROM TV'S HOME IMPROVEMENT I AM HERE TO FUCK UP YOUR DAY LOLROFLOMGIDKMYBFFJILL/ROSEBBQ

I AM SUPER-SERIOUS.

Yamaha S90ES Korg Triton Extreme 61; R3 MPC 1000

My music is misguided
akliner

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:34 am

akliner wrote:Does anyone else happen to pick up on the fact that as soon as TC comes back, SI is nowhere to be found? You know, they're never in the same place at the same time?? Do you sense a bit of Clark Kent/Superman dynamic happening here??? Shenanigans are a distinct possibility, I think.

Now that ou mention it, that is pretty suspicious. Good eye ;)
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:11 pm

ahahaha I do wonder where the real akliner is these days, too. And Tomkeen who was here a lot in the early days. Not to mention Bonso, I hope he's alright in Norway if that's where he still is...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:05 pm

sock puppets and mansplaning :cop:

aww you guys :lol:

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Alkaline still lives here by me
ClavAnother

Postby topcat » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:55 pm

akliner wrote:Does anyone else happen to pick up on the fact that as soon as TC comes back, SI is nowhere to be found? You know, they're never in the same place at the same time?? Do you sense a bit of Clark Kent/Superman dynamic happening here??? Shenanigans are a distinct possibility, I think.

I IZ HERE...
topcat

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.