The Coffee Thread.

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: The Coffee Thread.

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 pm

It's for EDM all the kids use it. it gives you fat, one button control over your mixes.. it's supposed to make you sound like skrillex or whoever is famous now. whoever that is, they endorse it. or at least make your coffee taste like skrillex.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 pm

Yea, but. Was Skrillex even really a thing? At this point, it just seems like a bad suggestion. Maybe a nearly-forgotten nightmare. A foggy afterthought.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Im' having my 3rd tumbler of coffee.. bad choice. It's cold outside and hot inside because of the heater they can never get right in here.. and I have hot coffee, kept boiling by my efficient, insulating tumbler argh

Boiled coffee???? EEK

I have had 3 espressos today. Yay. But that's my limit...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm

selfinflikted wrote:Yea, but. Was Skrillex even really a thing? At this point, it just seems like a bad suggestion. Maybe a nearly-forgotten nightmare. A foggy afterthought.

Yes, according to Web Reportz in EDM land, Skrillex still gets paid The Big Bucks to Deejay and is still, I guess, relevant. In Arena EDM land, that is (a land which is not relevant to everyone, of course.)

Although I'm not sure what he's actually done music wise since, say, 2011 when he hooked up with THA KORN and whatnot. The wiki on him suggests that he's possibly going back to his emo days as From First To Last's vocalist. Yes... it *has* been around 20 years since emo was the Big Thing, right? Must be about time for EMO NOSTALGIA.

On the other hand, it seems like the "top arena DJs" in EDM land are basically the same every year. It's like, Calvin Harris and David Guetta and Tiesto and whatnot. Christ, Tiesto was a "rising star" when I started listening to the trance thing like nearly 20 years ago. There's some "new blood" out there (Chainsmokers, Marshmello, Diplo, blah blah) but it's starting to feel like a bit like, uh, a stale scene in Arena Electronic Music Land, however much you care about that.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Concord Grape Crystal Light, you say? EP has noted this, and is grapeful for your suggestion.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:27 am

Crystal Lite was the first thing with Aspartame, I think. I gave up diet pop a year ago & I'm no fatter that I was.* I never liked water with meals but most of the time I do it anyway.

*Maybe because I can't be buggered to change any other dietary habits.
Plink Floyd

Postby gregwar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 pm

i’m pretty sure skrillex and diplo did jack ü a couple years ago with teh bieber. i wanted to go to the concert a summer ‘15 but it was sold out

coffee is essential without it i just go back to sleep!
gregwar

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 pm

soundwave106 wrote:Yes, according to Web Reportz in EDM land, Skrillex still gets paid The Big Bucks to Deejay and is still, I guess, relevant. In Arena EDM land, that is (a land which is not relevant to everyone, of course.)

Although I'm not sure what he's actually done music wise since, say, 2011 when he hooked up with THA KORN and whatnot. The wiki on him suggests that he's possibly going back to his emo days as From First To Last's vocalist. Yes... it *has* been around 20 years since emo was the Big Thing, right? Must be about time for EMO NOSTALGIA.

On the other hand, it seems like the "top arena DJs" in EDM land are basically the same every year. It's like, Calvin Harris and David Guetta and Tiesto and whatnot. Christ, Tiesto was a "rising star" when I started listening to the trance thing like nearly 20 years ago. There's some "new blood" out there (Chainsmokers, Marshmello, Diplo, blah blah) but it's starting to feel like a bit like, uh, a stale scene in Arena Electronic Music Land, however much you care about that.

I put away my glowsticks and bad drug habits in the 90's. Likely, I would not even recognize the "scene" anymore. Last I knew, The Prodigy and Chemical Bros were main attractions. DJs? What even are those?
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:38 pm

DJs?

Dog Jammies
Dude Junk
Dat Jump (patch)
That girl on Full House.

I dunno, I got nuffin.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:That girl on Full House.

Ben is addicted to Hallmark Channel Xmas movies. Personally, I hate them - they're cheesy and corny like, BEYOND; they're totally white-washed - no blacks, Asians, Hispanics - all white, and they're just stupid. But Ben loves them. Candace Cameron clearly has signed some sort of 2,000 movie contract with Hallmark because she's in EVERY DAMN ONE.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:11 pm

selfinflikted wrote:Ben is addicted to Hallmark Channel Xmas movies.
OMG can I borrow him to keep company with Mrs Floyd when she's sick? Last weekend she had the srs hackensniffles and watched those things ALL WEEKEND.

I shichu not, one of them was called "Merry Kissmas".
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:I shichu not, one of them was called "Merry Kissmas".

Yes, I know. :samsh:

On the bright side, this is not a bad idea, Plinkster. Our "wives" could hang out and watch STUPID HALLMARK MOVIES while we go into the lab and JAM. :jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm

I've never watched one of those. I must make sure my wife never finds them out.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm

selfinflikted wrote:Personally, I hate them - they're cheesy and corny like, BEYOND; they're totally white-washed - no blacks, Asians, Hispanics - all white, and they're just stupid.

My wife's mother is addicted to them too, I feel your pain.

(Though at the same time, it's easy enough to see why in her case: every cliche and motif in a Hallmark movie pretty much targets the middle America, middle age and up, white female demographic. It's the perfect network for those who feel Lifetime is too "edgy".)
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 pm

soundwave106 wrote:
My wife's mother is addicted to them too, I feel your pain.

(Though at the same time, it's easy enough to see why in her case: every cliche and motif in a Hallmark movie pretty much targets the middle America, middle age and up, white female demographic. It's the perfect network for those who feel Lifetime is too "edgy".)

"Lifetime: Television for Women [and Gay Men]"
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:30 pm

From coffee to bad television. EP is impressed. :thu: :grin: For those of you with Netflix, you could also tortur-- uh, ENTERTAIN us by putting "The Christmas Prince".

yeah.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Christmas cartoon movies where the problem with the world is that people aren't cheery enough on Christmas, are the worst.

And yes, we expect the topic on this thread to change with every page, or sooner even :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:27 pm

selfinflikted wrote:On the bright side, this is not a bad idea, Plinkster. Our "wives" could hang out and watch STUPID HALLMARK MOVIES while we go into the lab and JAM. :jam:
I'm in! But let's hire someone to take them tea and tissues & all that. I was in and out so often that I might as well have watched the flics anyway, they're so predictable. I swear, I saw the ending of at least three of them where 'Mr. Right' proffered the engagement ring in a box clearly marked "Kay". M&Ms were also shamefully shilled, I noticed.
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 pm

christianrock wrote:And yes, we expect the topic on this thread to change with every page, or sooner even :thu:
Well then, Benedict Cumberbatch might make a pretty good Grinch, if I can be convinced that we need another one.
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
selfinflikted wrote:... 'Mr. Right' proffered the engagement ring in a box clearly marked "Kay". M&Ms were also shamefully shilled, I noticed.

let me put on my "shocked" face.

:lol:
selfinflikted
Down in it

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.