Anything good on TV?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:36 pm

ClavAnother wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:I seen a few of The Trailer Park Boys; looks like something I'd like.

:like:

Season four episode called Closer To The Heart is still the single best thing ever

Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 pm

christianrock wrote:Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...

The answer is a huge spoiler. You have been duly alerted.
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
christianrock wrote:Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...

The answer is a huge spoiler. You have been duly alerted.

I'm not likely to watch the show so I googled it :)

Maybe when the kids are in college I'll watch TV shows again... :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:34 pm

It has everything to do with the Rush song so you should watch it as soon as possible. It's the greatest. Srsly
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Now a series based on lyrics from Neil Peart would be something I'd find very interesting, indeed :)

But I never knew Closer To The Heart was about some guys trying to sneak into a Rush concert to try to sell pot. The more you know :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:35 am

christianrock wrote:But I never knew Closer To The Heart was about some guys trying to sneak into a Rush concert to try to sell pot. The more you know :lol:

Of course, that "heart" in the song is obviously good ol' pot. Molding new realities? Forging creativity? Sowing new mentalities? It's *obvious* what the "heart" you are supposed to get closer to is!(*)

(*)Obvious only to people who people who smoke way too much pot. For the rest of us, it's probably more likely that Neil Peart watched Metropolis a few too many times.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Ps nobody watches metropolis unless they've smoke large amounts of pot
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 pm

not me.. I actually saw it years ago in the Tampa theater. It's a historic landmark. It's really cool.. they even had a live organist for it. It was really cool.. it's a 20's era theater. I've seen Nosferatu and tons of other movies there.

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:18 pm

MetroSonus wrote:not me.. I actually saw it years ago in the Tampa theater. It's a historic landmark. It's really cool.. they even had a live organist for it. It was really cool.. it's a 20's era theater. I've seen Nosferatu and tons of other movies there.

Wow, I never even knew about this place when I lived in Tampa. But I was more interested in the metal scene and things, I wasn't the artsy type :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Did you ever go to morris sound studios?

ha! I have a very thin line for tolerating anything "artsy", but I loved movies and photography. I really wanted to be a writer and director for a long time. I've always enjoyed older things though, like the theater, older movies etc.
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Did you ever go to morris sound studios?

ha! I have a very thin line for tolerating anything "artsy", but I loved movies and photography. I really wanted to be a writer and director for a long time. I've always enjoyed older things though, like the theater, older movies etc.

Of course I did... one of my bands at the time had a demo mastered at Morris Sound.

I had the songs on a myspace page which of course doesn't exist anymore... I'll have to see where I have the files so I can put them online...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:33 pm

YAY Netflix!

In honor of this hopefully noteworthy effort, I give you a video featuring
a crappy song but sort of fun anyway because of the visuals.
Extra points for epic silverey space pants.

Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 pm

ok cool..:thu:

I saw that for a moment and it didn't register. I thought it was saying the movie was added to the collection.. the costumes didn't look right though and I blew past it. Glad you posted that, I def want to check that out. lemony snickers season 2 is coming out soon too..
MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:52 pm

So, tomorrow, LIS on Netflux. Will all ten epis drop at once?

And did anyone else like The Tick reboot? I lolld.
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 am

It's tomorrow :mad:

Yeah I'm gonna watch this. My son watched the old one with me too. It's on one of these old retro TV channels. I'm more a fan of it before it went color... I love some of June Lockhearts lines.."well tonight, we're having space salad..". :lol:
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Official Westowrld season 2 spoiler video:

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm

I watched lost in space.. Liked it, hated Dr smith..

"unlikable" villains never pan out right. Aside from the camp, the original Dr Smith was the only one I felt ever got the character right. He was a schemer and managed to turn things in his favor and was still able to get out of trouble if they didn't. Most unlikable characters are irritating, whiny, chaotic and with no sense of direction. The character was exposed early on (what are they going to call her now?) and when she makes you want to put a bullet in her brain, her end game can't be too thought out, which it wasn't.

Season 1 felt more like earth 2, the 100 or one of those shows. I guess at the end, they blasted off into space so they are lost at that point.

Westworld had some major continuity issues. I liked it, but in streaming, the Moffat fast ones they pulled were obvious. If you watched this on Tv, you'd probably forget and go along with it. After season 1, what now? I think they got the premise out of the way in season one and I suspect season 2 will play out like the walking dead.

Edit.. ha I just saw the S2 trailer and in the first 30 seconds they shot a "walker". lol Nice piano dog lol The covers need to stop seriously. I'm sick of everything new being overused like a new meme in front of a 16 year old kid hyped up on mountain dew.

I'm not trying to complain, but when you're watching 5 shows in different genres, but they all feature the same production tricks it gets like :samsh: You know like when you used to spend 20$ on a CD you'd get one hit and 8 other songs that were basically the same song.. and then like 3 half assed filler songs :lol:
MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:12 pm

I've been too busy to watch all of LIS season 1, so I decline to read the above poast because it looks too spoilery. I think I'm up to epi 5, & @ so far I'm liking it. Yeah, they changed stuff, but not in a way that knots my canonical shorts too much. Not like the mocking disrespect of the 90s movie remake.
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:23 pm

MetroSonus wrote:I'm sick of everything new being overused like a new meme in front of a 16 year old kid hyped up on mountain dew.

LOL sir, lol. Welcome to Curmudgeonville, population: You. :grin: We have Taco Tuesdays, though, so we at least have that going for us...

MetroSonus wrote:I'm not trying to complain, but when you're watching 5 shows in different genres, but they all feature the same production tricks it gets like :samsh: You know like when you used to spend 20$ on a CD you'd get one hit and 8 other songs that were basically the same song.. and then like 3 half assed filler songs :lol:

This is my irritation with movie trailers for like the last 10 years; Dramatic story point? ***BOOOM in heavy 'verb sauce***
Something is supposed to be exciting? Stop the music and do ***THE BASS DROP --- BWOOWWWWUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM***
Even MOAR exiciting???>? Cut that film up like a 16 year old kid hyped on mountain dew! ***cut/cut/cut/cut/cut/cut/cut <insert seizure here>***

Not that I'm crabby or anything. :grin:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm

LIS formula:

A) how fucked can we make them?
B) how easy can they get out of it?
C) repeat.
ClavAnother

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.