I'm kinda hungry.

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: I'm kinda hungry.

Postby christianrock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 pm

The 15 inch cast iron skillet is approved. I'm thankful that I have a modern gas range that puts out a lot of BTUs on its main burner. Tried it on the 2nd biggest burner like I do with the 12-inch skillet but it just didn't have enough heat.
With the 12 inch skillet I make 3-4 hamburgers at a time. On the 15 inch I did 6-7 at once and in two batches had enough for the family plus leftovers. :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Behold the BACON EXPLOSION

The interesting thing is that he seems to be cooking BACON next to the BACON EXPLOSION... :jam: :smoke: :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 pm

What kind of oil do you rub down the pans with?

I have a gas stove at home and have actually thought about getting a griddle and now you guys are making me think of getting a pan.

I'm finding I actually like cooking.. most of what I like to eat, my wife wouldn't or didn't, call food. :lol: I'm split into two groups, light, fast, fresh, savory and easy or hearty, comfort foods. I made my own pumpkin pie and fresh whipped cream at 12am over the weekend :lol:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:16 pm

MetroSonus wrote:What kind of oil do you rub down the pans with?

Just regular soybean oil. Soybean is a very good oil, it's all we ever had when living in Brazil. It's particularly good for cast iron pans because it has a high burning point (about 500 degrees).

I have a gas stove at home and have actually thought about getting a griddle and now you guys are making me think of getting a pan.

Why not both :) I think WalMart has a box with some 3 or 4 cast iron including a griddle and a pan for like 20 bucks. They wre small for a family of 5 so I didn't even think of getting this, but for just you and your kid something like that would probably be fine.

But if you can get Lodge, get Lodge. It's still cheap compared to most things, but better than the chinese stuff (I got a chinese dutch oven and regretted it).

I'm finding I actually like cooking.. most of what I like to eat, my wife wouldn't or didn't, call food. :lol: I'm split into two groups, light, fast, fresh, savory and easy or hearty, comfort foods. I made my own pumpkin pie and fresh whipped cream at 12am over the weekend :lol:

Ah that takes me back to my single days. One day I started roasting a duck... at 1am. :lol: and I had to work the next day...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Now that my son is 15 it's like having a college room mate, especially on the weekends. Driving around, looking for a gas station that is open and sells that one kind of soda.. :lol:

pumpkin pie? 1am why not.. :lol:

there's something so wrong with hearing "chinese dutch oven" :lol: I'll get lodge.. I'll take your advice!
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Then you can do stuff like this. You're welcome.

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.