Anything good on TV?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:36 pm

ClavAnother wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:I seen a few of The Trailer Park Boys; looks like something I'd like.

:like:

Season four episode called Closer To The Heart is still the single best thing ever

Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 pm

christianrock wrote:Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...

The answer is a huge spoiler. You have been duly alerted.
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
christianrock wrote:Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...

The answer is a huge spoiler. You have been duly alerted.

I'm not likely to watch the show so I googled it :)

Maybe when the kids are in college I'll watch TV shows again... :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:34 pm

It has everything to do with the Rush song so you should watch it as soon as possible. It's the greatest. Srsly
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Now a series based on lyrics from Neil Peart would be something I'd find very interesting, indeed :)

But I never knew Closer To The Heart was about some guys trying to sneak into a Rush concert to try to sell pot. The more you know :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:35 am

christianrock wrote:But I never knew Closer To The Heart was about some guys trying to sneak into a Rush concert to try to sell pot. The more you know :lol:

Of course, that "heart" in the song is obviously good ol' pot. Molding new realities? Forging creativity? Sowing new mentalities? It's *obvious* what the "heart" you are supposed to get closer to is!(*)

(*)Obvious only to people who people who smoke way too much pot. For the rest of us, it's probably more likely that Neil Peart watched Metropolis a few too many times.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Ps nobody watches metropolis unless they've smoke large amounts of pot
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 pm

not me.. I actually saw it years ago in the Tampa theater. It's a historic landmark. It's really cool.. they even had a live organist for it. It was really cool.. it's a 20's era theater. I've seen Nosferatu and tons of other movies there.

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:18 pm

MetroSonus wrote:not me.. I actually saw it years ago in the Tampa theater. It's a historic landmark. It's really cool.. they even had a live organist for it. It was really cool.. it's a 20's era theater. I've seen Nosferatu and tons of other movies there.

Wow, I never even knew about this place when I lived in Tampa. But I was more interested in the metal scene and things, I wasn't the artsy type :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Did you ever go to morris sound studios?

ha! I have a very thin line for tolerating anything "artsy", but I loved movies and photography. I really wanted to be a writer and director for a long time. I've always enjoyed older things though, like the theater, older movies etc.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Did you ever go to morris sound studios?

ha! I have a very thin line for tolerating anything "artsy", but I loved movies and photography. I really wanted to be a writer and director for a long time. I've always enjoyed older things though, like the theater, older movies etc.

Of course I did... one of my bands at the time had a demo mastered at Morris Sound.

I had the songs on a myspace page which of course doesn't exist anymore... I'll have to see where I have the files so I can put them online...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.