Anything good on TV?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:36 pm

ClavAnother wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:I seen a few of The Trailer Park Boys; looks like something I'd like.

:like:



Season four episode called Closer To The Heart is still the single best thing ever


Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 pm

christianrock wrote:Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...

The answer is a huge spoiler. You have been duly alerted.
User avatar
Plink Floyd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
christianrock wrote:Any relation to the Rush song? Probably, they are all canadians after all...

The answer is a huge spoiler. You have been duly alerted.


I'm not likely to watch the show so I googled it :)

Maybe when the kids are in college I'll watch TV shows again... :lol:
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:34 pm

It has everything to do with the Rush song so you should watch it as soon as possible. It's the greatest. Srsly
User avatar
ClavAnother
 
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Now a series based on lyrics from Neil Peart would be something I'd find very interesting, indeed :)

But I never knew Closer To The Heart was about some guys trying to sneak into a Rush concert to try to sell pot. The more you know :lol:
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:35 am

christianrock wrote:But I never knew Closer To The Heart was about some guys trying to sneak into a Rush concert to try to sell pot. The more you know :lol:


Of course, that "heart" in the song is obviously good ol' pot. Molding new realities? Forging creativity? Sowing new mentalities? It's *obvious* what the "heart" you are supposed to get closer to is!(*)

(*)Obvious only to people who people who smoke way too much pot. For the rest of us, it's probably more likely that Neil Peart watched Metropolis a few too many times.
BC | SC
User avatar
soundwave106
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Ps nobody watches metropolis unless they've smoke large amounts of pot
User avatar
ClavAnother
 
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 pm

not me.. I actually saw it years ago in the Tampa theater. It's a historic landmark. It's really cool.. they even had a live organist for it. It was really cool.. it's a 20's era theater. I've seen Nosferatu and tons of other movies there.

Image
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:18 pm

MetroSonus wrote:not me.. I actually saw it years ago in the Tampa theater. It's a historic landmark. It's really cool.. they even had a live organist for it. It was really cool.. it's a 20's era theater. I've seen Nosferatu and tons of other movies there.

Image


Wow, I never even knew about this place when I lived in Tampa. But I was more interested in the metal scene and things, I wasn't the artsy type :lol:
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Did you ever go to morris sound studios?

ha! I have a very thin line for tolerating anything "artsy", but I loved movies and photography. I really wanted to be a writer and director for a long time. I've always enjoyed older things though, like the theater, older movies etc.
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Anything good on TV?

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Did you ever go to morris sound studios?

ha! I have a very thin line for tolerating anything "artsy", but I loved movies and photography. I really wanted to be a writer and director for a long time. I've always enjoyed older things though, like the theater, older movies etc.


Of course I did... one of my bands at the time had a demo mastered at Morris Sound.

I had the songs on a myspace page which of course doesn't exist anymore... I'll have to see where I have the files so I can put them online...
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

cron