New blade runner

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

New blade runner

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Ok look away if you haven't seen the film..

I'm reading one of those "10 things you didn't know" bullshit things from facebook..

http://www.looper.com/89571/ending-blad ... /decoy-boy

It says that K was a decoy, given the same memories that the girl had, to believe he was the child.

Uhh... I thought it made it pretty clear in the movie that they said the records were scrambled. Meaning girl was switched to boy and the leader of the robot resistance said they were all given that memory to make them believe they were the child too. So.. :confuse: :idk:

I didn't get the whole giving everyone the same memory thing myself.. I think, like the first movie, there's too many narratives and ideas that got cut, re shot and re cut. The only way that makes sense to me was that Ana was going living, trapped forever in this dome and she only had limited memories from her child hood and she reused the same ones over and over and the replicants said hey we re have the same memory and they built up their own mythology and religion around it. It doesn't make much sense otherwise. Not to me anyway.

One thing I will say the beginning was interesting.. granted there was only one tree on the farm, but what if the farm was on the state park land that Deckard and Rachael drove off to in one of the cut endings from the original? It'd make sense to me, but nobody has seemed to mention it yet.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Re: New blade runner

Postby christianrock » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:09 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Re: New blade runner

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:13 pm

I just read the farm scene was actually a re enacted scene cut from the original blade runner. Still, interesting take or coincidence I guess, I on the state park.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Return to The Hang Out.