Jam With Tapes™

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Jam With Tapes™

Postby christianrock » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Indeed, British politics are fascinating.

I don't know how May is still the PM, she inspires absolutely no confidence. I guess it's due to fear of the alternatives...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Jeez, what does a guy gotta do to her away from politics??? You can't even escape them when you're jamming with tapes.

Fine if I have to Poast to get away from politics I will. Here's an old one from the early nineties. I was a kid for goodness sake.

Tapes. Jam with them.

Dreams Are Worth A Fortune

ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:21 pm

D50 organ man :facepalm:
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 pm

The D50 organ is the Lord Buckethead of organs.

(see what I did there...)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Clav has the best organs. The best, bigly.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:19 pm

christianrock wrote:The D50 organ is the Lord Buckethead of organs.

(see what I did there...)

From no on im just going to imagine that that dude has a D50 on his head. Somebody please photoshop over one of PCs pics. It will look great.
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:26 pm

This is my first time with the DrumBrute, my focus was on a little bit of the realtime performance abilities. It's a single pattern all the way through, but I threw in some variation. It was meant to be an experimental backing track, but I've been listening as it is for a while and I like it. I'm not sure if I'll rework it or add or scrap or what. Another first for me is the softy laid over it. It's the Minimoog V in poly mode triggered from the Keystep (another first timer lol)

Also id like to point out that I'm not some Arturia fanboy, I just accidently the whole product line :freak:

Tellme whatcha thinks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rbllaxtqrvdj3v/Try%20Something%20New.mp3?dl=0

PS, the first of you to Jam With Tapes over this pad, and post it, gets one free internet
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:24 pm

ClavAnother wrote:.

This is my first time with the DrumBrute, my focus was on a little bit of the realtime performance abilities. It's a single pattern all the way through, but I threw in some variation. It was meant to be an experimental backing track, but I've been listening as it is for a while and I like it. I'm not sure if I'll rework it or add or scrap or what. Another first for me is the softy laid over it. It's the Minimoog V in poly mode triggered from the Keystep (another first timer lol)

Also id like to point out that I'm not some Arturia fanboy, I just accidently the whole product line :freak:

Tellme whatcha thinks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rbllaxtqrvdj3v/Try%20Something%20New.mp3?dl=0

PS, the first of you to Jam With Tapes over this pad, and post it, gets one free internet

I like it. I wish the drums were a bit louder like in the beginning, but once the pad came in they faded a bit to the background. Also, some of the variations amused me a bit :)

Good sounds tho! That Drumbrute sure punches a LOT of weight for its price. No reason to get those old unreliable 80s drum machines anymore. I mean, for $349, are you kidding me!! This totally rocks.
The Mini V sounds good too.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks CR. I know what you mean about the variations, I was sort of checking it out on the fly while recording the beat. I really like the 32nd note hi hats at the end of the bar. Other bits were like 'what would happen if I...'

I do like the minimoogV. It's fun to play a poly. I don't like using the software gui, but I can't complain as it was that free version they gave out a few years ago. I'm pretty sure we talked about it on here and I assumed that we all have it. I coulsnd even use it for a long time until I upgraded my computer, and then I wasn't really in a hurry because hardware. This was a 2am thing that was fun and a learning experience.

I'm really looking forward to doing something for real next.
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Looking forward to listen to it :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 pm

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby soundwave106 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Some Jams With Interwebs (TM) for you. While the Soundcloud is still here, here it is. (Edit: A link if the plugin is acting weird, as it appears to this morning for me. Sheesh.) It's also on the Bandcamp.

This a 22 minute (whee!) "soundtrack for an imaginary film", recorded in parts between February and July of this year or so, then edited and massaged into a suite-ish thingy. I personally see the plot of this "imaginary film" as "seasonally appropriate" for October. :cool:

Genre: With a runtime of 22 minutes, dynamic range fit for a romantic classical piece, and use of "art music" concepts (creepy sounding whole tone synth passages, yay!), it has to be "progressive electronic". A genre name that confuses people! Allmusic is correct on what I've always understood that was (eg Vangelis, Mike Oldfield, Jean-Michel Jarre). Ask the Google though and they list deamau5. *cough*

For fun, I also recorded a list of what synth was used where because everyone likes to trainspot. :lol: If you don't want to dive into the list, the main instruments were the Andromeda, Prophet 6, Omnisphere, Diva, and Spitfire / Cinematic Strings orchestral samples. Proper side help came from(in the spirit of progressive rock and derivatives using "weird instruments") my 4 part polyphonic modular, and an Accent Gong. Several other synths got used occasionally, of course.
Last edited by soundwave106 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Nice work, very epic!

I liked the clockword orange type bits with the brassy synth. :thu:

Did you score this first or was it all improvised? My improv sucks the big veiny one.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby soundwave106 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Did you score this first or was it all improvised? My improv sucks the big veiny one.

It wasn't 100% scored, but usually I charted the base chords; sometimes I scored the melody as well. I can Improv and have in the past, but it was kind of cool taking some time and saying "this note is fine, but this note might be better".
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:37 pm

My goodness~! Epic-ally epic, sir! What was your inspiration for this?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Epic indeed.

I hear some John Williams influence there as well.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:My goodness~! Epic-ally epic, sir! What was your inspiration for this?

EPIC THINGS. EPIC!!!!!

Or, maybe I've been listening to a few too many overdramatic soundtracks and classical choons lately. :lol:
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ClavAnother » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:49 am

I made this thing. It was fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1udqqmc47szo ... n.mp3?dl=0

I used this stuff

ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Sounds like fun to me, sir. :thu: Nice noodling.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 pm

soundwave106 wrote:Epicness
Excellent!

And extra points for plausible bassoonery.
Plink Floyd

PreviousNext

Return to KSS