Irma gerd

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Irma gerd

Postby soundwave106 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:39 am

Purity_Control wrote:Looks like my friend in Fort Myers is in for a rough ride. :freak:

My house looks like it lost power around the 7:30ish PM EST time period.
Lots of the state is without power right now. So we'll see how long it takes to repair.
Still, apart from that, overall, it doesn't look too terrible for us.

Naples / Ft. Myers (and the middle section of the Keys) took it on the chin wind wise. Still, it is better than what it could've been. Poor Cuba (plus the more inland tract) absorbed a lot for us.

I was surprised how bad Miami got to be honest!
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby christianrock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:05 pm

CALLING METRO ARE YOU THERE

Let us know if you are safe... as soon as power gets back, I guess - I'm assuming you lost power too...

WAIT... WE HAVE FOOTAGE.... METRO IS THAT YOU???!!!!

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Paging Metrodonuts, paging Metrodonuts... The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no parking in the red zone.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Is it too soon for hurricane lulz?

Though this first one looks like a small tornado

Last edited by christianrock on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Why is there always a f*cking trampoline.

Whenever we have high winds here there is always a trampoline turns up somewhere. :freak:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:02 pm

What? No free-range bounce house? :grin:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:42 pm

I haven't had internet at home and my cell network went down. I had to go borrow my neighbors Wi-Fi password.

Last minute it turned to the east and just passed us. If we don't take a direct hit, were in a good area .. Fast drainage, power never goes out.

Were lucky.. That's for sure. Been cleaning and talking to the neighbors today. Trying to get to normal.

I want that d05 now :lol: ill be in hog heaven with that and another tr rack..

Anybody friends with Soundwave in facebook? He had to evacuate.. Mandatory. It may be a while before he gets back online.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Have not heard from soundwave. Haven't heard from my wife's aunt yet, either (Naples).
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Well soundwave was going to watch the hurricane from New Orleans, so I'd say he's probably just enjoying time with family/friends there.

Glad to hear all you have to do is some cleanup, Chris :thu:

We're getting a bit of the leftovers of Irma this afternoon. Peak is supposedly to be around 6-8pm with winds just over 30mph. Earlier they said it could be up to 55mph but I think it's just fizzling out.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:13 pm

No word from my friend in Fort Myers... probably just buggered for power. :idk:

I'm friends with one of his friends who I never quite worked out where he is, poss. Florida or Texas... also offline.

Sod it and let's get going with the lolz.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby soundwave106 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Why is there always a f*cking trampoline.

People I guess don't read the Official Hurricane Prep Guides (TM) and don't realize that even 80mph winds will toss anything *that* light that is unsecured. :)

I think that trampoline video actually originally came from Hurricane Bawbag in Scotland, which also had 80mph winds in certain populated areas. (Okay, okay, it's "windstorm Friedhelm" officially, but dammit, the unofficial Scottish name for that storm is much more awesome. We need more unofficial Scottish names for hurricanes in our lives. :lol:).

Similarly, with Irma, one of my friends posted a picture of a neighbor's house, of whose cheap carport was now a nice roof decoration.

I'm still in New Orleans, yes.

Reports from The Internet say the neighborhood I'm in is okay apart from the usual mess of branches in the street you get with things like this. Our neighborhood is also without power.

I might go back tomorrow (or not), but it really depends on what happens with the workplace. The Code Monkey Job (TM) kind of depends on electrical thingies being on at work. Judging by my unsuccessful attempts to VPN or access other resources, the workplace is *also* out of power. So... we'll see.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby soundwave106 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Now, all those folks who hoarded canned goods for the Irmapocalypse should now get prepared for several weeks of beans for dinner. Mind you, it could get a wee bit windy inside the house during this time period. :eek:
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 pm

Glod to hear you're safe and sound, SW.

You two, Metrodonuts.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 pm

soundwave106 wrote:Now, all those folks who hoarded canned goods for the Irmapocalypse should now get prepared for several weeks of beans for dinner. Mind you, it could get a wee bit windy inside the house during this time period. :eek:

Irma brings wind damages, one way or another...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:17 pm

I think I have a good week or sos worth of ramen and canned goods.

Thank you, thank you all!
MetroSonus

Postby gregwar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:23 pm

so teh florida mans of cmg are ok? this is good news !!

psa do not fire ur guns at teh hurrican ...
gregwar

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:07 pm

gregwar wrote:so teh florida mans of cmg are ok? this is good news !!

Yah!

But now begins all the fixing and doing without power and shipping mouldy cars to Iowa and shoveling sharks back into the sea & stuff. I hope it doesn't take long.

:wave:
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm

And don't forget that all the alligators roaming the streets need to get their @$$es back to the swamp.

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:22 pm

yes, apparently the pasco or polk sherrif's office had to actually say, do not fire your guns into said hurricane.

I'm expecting my net to go back on tomorrow and I actually had a decent connection to my neighbors right now, which has been the only time I've been able to get online. I really don't like typing anything of length onto my phone.

But things are good! Could have been much, much worse.. I had my eye on it the whole time. I could have vacated east to my parents, but that would have put us more in the path of the wind. Luckily it went east-er.

My place isn't that bad actually as long as we don't get a direct hit. fast drainage, power comes on quickly.. We're in an E zone for floods, so the house is built to different hurricane standards than elsewhere. It's always been fun hearing various electricians piss and moan that we have poured concrete walls.
MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:49 am

Poured concrete walls for the win :thu:

TAKE THAT, RICHARD BRANSON!! :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.