The Studio Show Off & Build Thread

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: The Studio Show Off & Build Thread

Postby ClavAnother » Sat May 27, 2017 4:02 am

Used iPhones are cheeep. Plus I have a realy old one and now the battery is taking a shit, but a replacement battery is a couple bucks. Changing them is only a bitch because it has the smallest screws I've ever seen, but it only takes a few minutes.
ClavAnother

Postby gregwar » Mon May 29, 2017 4:07 am

ya i use my phone mostly as a note pad for lyrics

when i write rap music there's a ton of words in each song and i try not to have the same 2-3 topics, favour of the month style, etc

sometimes the timing is important so i have a system of placing "pick up" notes/words before the dash - which is always the 1 down beat, i"ll put in a coma to mark the end of a bar, underscores for 1/8 or 1/4 note breaks. sometimes i have to mark the spots where to breathe lol

it's not always best to write while driving because if it's not formatted i'll forget how the verse goes after a while. siri has made some improvements now it's like 5/10 instead of 2/10 but android is much better at translating spoken to text imo
gregwar

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Greg, I use the voice memo app ALL THE TIME to whistle riffs, or bang out beats on the table top to flesh out later. If I don't "jot" something down that way, I'll end up forgetting it two seconds later.

I envy you, CR, to be able to hear a "finished" song in your head. I can't do that.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby soundwave106 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:06 pm

The inevitable problem with hearing a "finished" song in your head (which I can do) is recording it exactly how it sounded in your head (for me, much less success in that department).
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby christianrock » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:32 pm

soundwave106 wrote:The inevitable problem with hearing a "finished" song in your head (which I can do) is recording it exactly how it sounded in your head (for me, much less success in that department).

Absolutely... I have never gotten anywhere near what I really wanted...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:48 am

Me neither, these days I find it better not to get too many ideas in my noggin and to just let it flow a bit more when I start to work on it.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:45 pm

oh I never have that problem :lol:!!

I've always likend myself more towards a sculptor or someone who works with a physical medium that way. I sort of work through some stuff in front of me until I can get rid of the bits that aren't what I want, until I'm left with what is.

I wish I could hear a whole "something" in my head and work that way.. you guys are lucky..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Previous

Return to KSS