selfinflikted

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: selfinflikted

Postby christianrock » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 pm

I also haz an envy of you guys who get paid overtime.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:40 pm

selfinflikted wrote:Well advertise for me too mang! SHeesh! Help a brotha out! (shipping to continental U.S. only)

Also, I was just informed that overtime at work starts.. NOW. This is a good thing. I will work myself to death over the next 6 weeks, but I will also rake in some serious cash.

DEEPMIND HERE I COME

I am also a frequent overtimer. I hate spending all the time at work but I like the monies. Anyway I hate to say it but STG was in Chicago all day sunday and then came by my studio last night and he shows up with a ju06 that he had just picked up at samash \.:facepalm:.? For a gig he has next Saturday
ClavAnother

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Well, he is forgiven. I don't know him and rarely see him post here. But, that's just my luck.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:56 pm

christianrock wrote:I also haz an envy of you guys who get paid overtime.

It's nice to be able to do it for sure, but it only comes once a year around this time, and generally lasts 4-5 weeks. JUST enough to make the money for a new keyboard :D
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:53 pm

I got a couple of bites on Reddit this morning - one for the Minilogue and one for my Roland SP-303 sampler. Go Reddit!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Deepmind looks cool. But Sys-8 has Ju-106 mode... I know, half again as much, and VA to boot, but...
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Deepmind looks cool. But Sys-8 has Ju-106 mode... I know, half again as much, and VA to boot, but...

Well, you see, according to the illustrious ChristianRAWK, the Deepmind is a Juno-106 clone. I did the research. He is right. It's basically a Juno-106 that can do WAY more than the original Juno-106, PLUS it's teh zomgANALOGS.

So you see, as far as I'm concerned, Deepmind wins the 106 emulation. (this is also based on MANY demo listenings)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:19 pm

I can't speak to the 106 emulation in the system 8, but it certainly sounds nice. The S8 having the Jupiter makes it a big bonus, and the System 8 engine is a very powerful synth, but more importantly, they can be had for less than full retail. Mine was 1150, and I've seen them for 1200. That's not too much more than the Deepmind imo.
ClavAnother

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 pm

That's true. And I do still want an S8. But right now, I think I want a Deepmind more.

MOAR

:jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:57 am

I don't think you'll be unhappy with that decision. You have my wholehearted support. As long as you get the Sys-8 later.

Just me, but I think the DM is closer to a JX-10 clone than the 106, since the 106 was hobbled with only one DCO per voice. I always wanted to try the JX, but of course I'd want the PG-800 because knobularity.
Plink Floyd

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:11 am

Poking around, someone *did* do a video of the RAW SYNTH compared to the Juno 60. :thu:

To me the synths sound pretty similar when set up similarly raw. The resonance on the Deepmind is a little different, but there's at least none of that stepping of the filter knob that the Juno series was famous for. :lol: The subosc on the DeepMind actually sound a little beefier to me. (I know, standard disclaimer of Youtube videos apply.)

Behringer at one time made a really cheap clone of the Boss Dimension C (DC-2) pedal. I remember preferring to use the DC-2 over the stock chorus back when I had the Juno. Unfortunately it's discontinued and the price has jumped. :horse:

Fortunately the TAL Juno chorus emulation VST is free, and heck, even a commercial Dimension D clone VST isn't that expensive. I bet either would pair up nicely with a raw DeepMind.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:47 am

Another note on the company and quality, so last night STG brought over this little 12 channel mixer to show me and I bought one while we were talking about it. He has three of them and reports that they work great. It's the ufx1204 and you can get a factory refurb for $240. It was designed by the German company they bought and is so loaded with features that it's crazy, and seems relatively well built. It's also an interface and can record wavs direct to a thumb drive. Anyway, it looks like it will be a great sub mixer for my synth rig
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:54 am

soundwave106 wrote:Poking around, someone *did* do a video of the RAW SYNTH compared to the Juno 60. :thu:

To me the synths sound pretty similar when set up similarly raw. The resonance on the Deepmind is a little different, but there's at least none of that stepping of the filter knob that the Juno series was famous for. :lol: The subosc on the DeepMind actually sound a little beefier to me. (I know, standard disclaimer of Youtube videos apply.)

Behringer at one time made a really cheap clone of the Boss Dimension C (DC-2) pedal. I remember preferring to use the DC-2 over the stock chorus back when I had the Juno. Unfortunately it's discontinued and the price has jumped. :horse:

Fortunately the TAL Juno chorus emulation VST is free, and heck, even a commercial Dimension D clone VST isn't that expensive. I bet either would pair up nicely with a raw DeepMind.

Thanks for this. That pulse width LFo in the audio range on the dm12 is wicked
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:09 pm

selfinflikted wrote:Man! Stu from Sweetwater just called me back

Is that his day job? cold calling gear and putting nobody wants in boxes? :lol:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Y U GOTTA PICK ON STU
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:56 pm

:wave: so did you pull a Clav and order teh new synth before selling the old??
ClavAnother

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:02 pm

ClavAnother wrote::wave: so did you pull a Clav and order teh new synth before selling the old??

I totally tried, but they are back ordered (according to Stu, Sweetwater got 100% of Behringer's Deepmind stock and are sold out) until May'ish.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Also, I may hold on to the Minilogue if I don't get any more bites. Keeping the JU-06 seems silly if I'm getting a Deepmind, and I've been wanting to sell the sampler for the longest anyway. But if I'm able to pocket what I think I will from all this OT at work, then the ML will stay. :)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:30 pm

The Minilogue might not be as "exciting" as some other synths (it doesn't try to copy anything, really, it's just a solid little synth). But it's a great sounding synth and can fill in for a lot of studio tasks...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Not to try to give you any more GAS (ok maybe I'm lying) but do you know what sounds good? That little Pittsburgh SV-1. Seems to just hit the right spot.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.