happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: happy haunchauhallokwanzachstima thanks giving

Postby gregwar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:03 am

nice 1 ep !!

the circuit is really deep and has 2 synths (based on the supernova), sample import, drums, sequencing and a great effects section including a sick side chain comp

went to the gym for damage control lol. i had to work my old job mostly through the break tho i did get a few days off. start my new job on monday !!

:drink:
gregwar

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 am

What a co-ink-a-dink... I start my new job tomorrow, too!

I request the highest of fives...!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby gregwar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:18 am

**!*HIGH FIVES*!**

:thu:
gregwar

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:12 pm

greg, what are you doing now? what happened with the oil business?
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:29 pm

HIGHEST FIVES FOR ELECTRICPUPSY

Last edited by christianrock on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm

gregwar wrote:nice 1 ep !!

the circuit is really deep and has 2 synths (based on the supernova), sample import, drums, sequencing and a great effects section including a sick side chain comp

went to the gym for damage control lol. i had to work my old job mostly through the break tho i did get a few days off. start my new job on monday !!

:drink:

2 6-voice synths, nonetheless... does this thing have a computer editor for the synth, by the way? The controls on it are mostly just for the groovebox part of it.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby gregwar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:02 am

@metrar
i landed a new gig with the canadian fed gov't. it doesn't pay as well as rigging but i'' ok with sleeping in my own bed with the gf every night. if i was single or we didn't have a house i wouldn't care as much about always being away...

i managed to get ahead a bit before the price crash in2015 and have since plugged myself in for a 1 year contract. things are looking up after a long period of uncertainty...

:blah: :thu:
gregwar

Postby christianrock » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:04 pm

gregwar wrote:@metrar
i landed a new gig with the canadian fed gov't. it doesn't pay as well as rigging but i'' ok with sleeping in my own bed with the gf every night. if i was single or we didn't have a house i wouldn't care as much about always being away...

i managed to get ahead a bit before the price crash in2015 and have since plugged myself in for a 1 year contract. things are looking up after a long period of uncertainty...

:blah: :thu:

Good to hear :like: :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Time to bump this thread.. man you guys be slackin..

Halloween report is that my son went home with a couple school chums and that left me free. I went over to a friends house with another friend and did adult halloween. We sat inside, talked, dranked a beer or two, walked around with their kids. Then I went off to pick up my son.

Obviously, he's friends with one of the cool dudes at the school. He had a rocket from the crypt poster in his room that used to be his moms. I was like totally did not expect that! :lol:

Going to be a busy thanksgiving I think. My birthday went well. Went out with my son, did a tree lighting veteran's day.

Hows you guys?
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Happy Hawkaloogiemass!

Gonna have Thanksgiving at our house this year, what with the recent tragedy of my sister and law, and on account of a new house to properly break-in. For Christmas, we'll be heading up the great white north (aka northern california) to spend time with my family, first time in several years, now that school is DONE.

Wife's gonna go find a pre-lit tree today that can fit in the reduced space we have now. :grin: Then I guess I've got to buckle down and actually put up lights 'n stuff.

I cannot believe it's that time again. Already. HOLY COW.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:10 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY METRO!!!!!! (belated)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EP!!!!!!! (right on time)

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with friends yesterday. We don't have extended family here so won't do the turkey thing just for ourselves - and everybody else, we assume, will celebrate on Thursday, so we had friends over and cooked a couple of turkeys and a ham and some good fixins. I did one turkey in the Weber charcoal grill and it was fantastic. Wonderful flavor.

On Thursday I think we'll just spend the day at Stone Mountain park, and it should be wonderful because I think there's going to be no one there.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:49 am

ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:56 am

So are there only four of us left in the place or wat

Sup googabot
ClavAnother

Postby topcat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:45 pm

I'm here... and HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU GREAT PEEPS!!!

I've been quiet cause I've been busy packing/selling and have reorganized my downsized studio.
Sold the Fostex 8 track reel to reel, my Tascam 308 mixer finally sold last Sunday and had a local pickup, sold my used Kronos(local), bought a Focusrite 18i20 but found out it didn't have enough inputs to run my external effects hardware, sold it and ordered a Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK mixer. Sold my VOX AC10C1 guitar amp and my 2017 Gibson Les Paul GoldTop Tribute guitar is going up after the New Year. I had stored it and never played it except for 20 min or so, but found out the sheer weight of that monster causes a flare up of my old umbilical hernia which is a no no cause it takes 2-3 weeks to get better.
Took my Korg Wavestation EX in for repair(headphone& L/R outputs were bad), fixed noisy LCD screen and reset a couple of fallen keys.
Taking it back to the shop and put on consignment cause I'm sick of packing and selling things... :cry:

I will take a pic of my now seriously cleaned up/organized home studio once the mixer arrives.. I haven't seen it this clean and organized since like...forever.
My wife's biggest joy as she walks by the room is "awesome, it looks so neat and tidy, now I can VACUUM!!!! :lol:

Quiet day here, just my wife and I celebrating and enjoying the quiet time alone.
May you all enjoy the time spent with family, embrace and cherish every moment and with all the crap going on all around us, we truly have a lot to be thankful for. :drink:
topcat

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:07 pm

:wave: :wave:

I'm here! We hired a new guy at work and he doesn't know anything so what used to take me 5 minutes now takes 3 hours as he likes to get off on tangents. :lol:

It's crunch time right now for me. This morning, I"m going to be working on my graduate portfolio, I've still got a paper to write, a website to finish and I just finished a quiz with an essay the other day. I also took off all week to spend time with my son, but I've been doing homeworks in the middle. So I've really just been on the computer unless necessary lately. But I did want to log in and say hello.. ! :wave: and happy thanks giving!

Around noon, I'm going to prep some bread to take over to my sister's place and meet up with my family there for today. Then afterwards, come home and clean and maybe more home works, depending on how far I get now.

I've been to busch gardens twice, we had a huge night game at airsoft and I spent some couch time watching the new magnum pi online. I may join up for free and binge on the star trek and then cancel lol. I like the new magnum pi, but I don't like the lead guy too much and he gets the worst lines that he delivers kinda flat. I watched an episode too of the new mac gyver and I just couldn't get into it. I liked how the older TV had character actors that were in the prime. All the shows today look like all the leads are all upper class new england graduates of some acting academy who sight read their lines. feh lol. :lol:

Did I tell you I'm so old now I have to hold things out to read them? I actually was looking for a pocket magnifier the other day. :freak: but hey it ain't loud enough so I must not be that old!

I hope guys have a great day and please know I think about you guys all the time! Once this term is over I'll have more free time. I still have a score to settle with professor chicken.. a peg to knock down EP, a complete 4 hour immersive course on exactly what an inhaler is for Clav. I"m waiting until festivus though, however for Purity, I have a nice box for boxing day. And for her, today is just another day! :wave: hope you're well PC!

And topcat, thanks for finding your way back to the forum! And plink, may your hilarious photoshop send ups delight and warm the hearts of others this merry season! And Greg, keep on rapping in the free world! I know there's plenty of us out there who don't post here too, but we're thinking about you guys too!

Speaking of studios, my son moved back into his room, after having the second as a computer room. I guess he likes the idea of a hang out bed room. I dunno lol. I"m going to have to figure out what to do with the other bed room now. It needs to be cleaned for sure, but I may just leave it in case he wants room to play with legos or build something. I really just need a desk with a keyboard shelf would be nice. I could do that in the dining room, heck I have the whole table to myself.. we never eat at it :lol:
MetroSonus

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:47 pm

ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Ahoy, gentlemens. :wave: Between the looming dealine here at Teh Office, and Teh Wife's New Business, I've had no time to myself. The 4-day weekend just ZIPPED by and I spent a good part of it installing a sound system at Teh Wife's New Business. Had to hang it from the ceiling, 20 feet up, which meant having to mess with one of those scissor lift thingies, it took forever.

Have I linked to Teh New Business yet? Here, have a link: https://www.yelp.com/biz/bishops-cuts-colors-irvine
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:35 pm

O HAI :wave:

I hope everyone had a great turkey day. I had plenty of turkeys including not one but TWO that I smoked/grilled when we had a bunch of friends over.

Also, topcat turned around more equipment in the last month or so than I have in the last few years... :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:06 am

christianrock wrote:O HAI :wave:

I hope everyone had a great turkey day. I had plenty of turkeys including not one but TWO that I smoked/grilled when we had a bunch of friends over.

Also, topcat turned around more equipment in the last month or so than I have in the last few years... :lol:

My friends and I smoked a pair of turkeys too. It may have been the best I have ever eaten
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:05 pm

ClavAnother wrote:
christianrock wrote:O HAI :wave:

My friends and I smoked a pair of turkeys too. It may have been the best I have ever eaten

Agreed... I got a lot of compliments and I know I could have done better even. Two turkeys on a Weber kettle was kind of crowded ...but I made it work :) spatchcocked, of course.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.