Jam With Tapes™

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Jam With Tapes™

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Diametro, eh? So has all of the old HC crowd basically moved to GS, or what?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:56 pm

christianrock wrote:
I forgot to say... That might be your best track yet :jam:

Thank you!! :jam: I actually was very happy with it and think it's a great additional direction for me. Although, I haven't gotten that many plays on it though. :idk: I seem to be approaching the top (considering how small it is) in space music, but on the IDM front, I think there's just so much more competition.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Diametro, eh? So has all of the old HC crowd basically moved to GS, or what?

There's certainly not much happening on HC:KSS, I looked in a few weeks ago and it's as dead as a doornail.

I don't really post on any electronic music sites apart from here these days, look in at VSE once in a while, nothing that interesting tends to be going on though, also I took a warning the last time I posted there as mods took umbrage at my wanking smiley apparently, :freak:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:31 pm

I think we all knew that back at KSS... that the biggest failing (IMO) of the various key forums is that they don't have a social section for the members. They all wanted us to be lumped in with the site as a whole in the OT forums and I know I did not want to go there :lol: You can only talk about the same things so many times and without an area to hang out, it's going to get stale.

However, GS seems to thrive on talking about the same thing over and over :lol: I read occasionaly, but I don't post often.
MetroSonus

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:27 am

MetroSonus wrote:However, GS seems to thrive on talking about the same thing over and over :lol:

That's also unfortunately it's #1 problem. :lol: :horse:

KSS I think largely died due to the forum software change disaster. Pretty sad, because it occupied a nice niche between the gear-oriented hobbyist forums (VSE, GS) and the more gigging musician forums (Keyboard Corner); it kind of had a mix of both, and that fit someone like me who was a hobbyist that did have gigs.

I think Reddit has kind of replaced forums anyways. Even there, from my point of view there's an overabundance of gear focus vs. technical (programming synths or production), live concerns, and music theory discussion. But I guess that's expected when the market has gone hobbyist.
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby christianrock » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Reddit has music fora?
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:19 pm

I heard they also have music fawna too. :idk:

I dont think of reddit as being a forum though.. it seems more like a quick Q&A type place, novelty or it's full of trolls.
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:47 pm

gregwar wrote:ya I just relistened to the demos and they do have a distinctly "non-analog" vibe? lol.

I quite like the bass, it's got a rubbery sort of quality to it, for want of a beter way of putting it.

It definitely shines in the midrange, does well on the organ and string patches. :thu:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby gregwar » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:38 pm

lol I meant to put those in the gear demo thread :facepalm:
gregwar

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Dashing around this week trying to sort stuff out before contract work starts... this was an absolute bitch to finish up, pleased with how it's come out though:

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby gregwar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:28 pm

wow that was a of go GoT death scenes. i should be more desensitized but i'm not lol

it must be a lot of work putting these together, good job !!

also, i'm assuming you used your modular and vocalize to make this? are the drums sampled?
gregwar

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:33 am

The video was hard to make, started it, decided it was too much and looked at if I could do something with the live action version of Hogfather instead, then decided that would be boring so came back to the GoT version, did my head in a bit towards the end and there's a couple of gaffes I need to go back and fix.

Drums are mostly real, I started doing them using an old bodhran I've had sat around for years, then got another larger bodhran for a different sound, there's about 20 tracks layered there, with a bit of electronic drums mixed in, apart from the middle 8 which is just bodhran.

Synth sounds are mostly Propet 6, apart from the bassline which is Doepfer modular.

I was really pleased with the sound like a body being dragged across the floor, which is a brushbeing run across the bodhran skin.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Man, I am way behind listening to all ur trax. This daytime werk doesn't seem to afford any free time for Jamming with Tapes; there's all these...people... who seem to expect me to...interact... with them.

:shudder:
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:59 am

Don't worry.. I am pooped from having a new job this week... new jobs are hard. :freak:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Don't worry.. I am pooped from having a new job this week... new jobs are hard. :freak:

Congrats on the new job! Hopefully it will pay well and last a long time :grin:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:08 pm

here here! :clap:
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:54 pm

I think someone said the last effort needed more Griselizer... actually I came close to picking an actual one up on Ebay a few weeks ago, it's available as a kit that someone had built and was selling, when I went to pull the trigger it had gone though.

So I mocked one up using doepfer's distortion/waveshaper and bandpass on the vactrol filter... it's something like

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:04 am

Perky! :thu: What's the bzz-bzz-bzz-bzz-bzz part? Arp'd synth through a pedal? And is that all you, or did you have halps?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:54 am

The guy I've been recording with for twenty plus years played the drums, my brother was on guitar and I was playing the King Korg I think. No arp'ing, all done with my hands in real time; it seemed kind of innovative at the time. It was just a pre-practice improv warm up. I have many hours of stuff like that recorded.
ClavAnother

PreviousNext

Return to KSS