Jam With Tapes™

Keyboards, Synths, Samplers and Groove Boxes.

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Jam With Tapes™

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:12 pm

apparently sound cloud has dropped flash support.. I'll need to update the forum code.. but in the mean time, here is something Im' working on, on the music production station.

I really like it a lot. It has a really good ambient vibe to it and it makes one hell of a drum machine.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Very nice, Metro. The sound's so... clear!
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Nice
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:08 pm

christianrock wrote:Very nice, Metro. The sound's so... clear!

Thanks! It could use some volume mixing.. I need to get away from the headphones.. but that's what I liked about it. the reverb is soib-perb, lol. And it sounds amazingly clear. you can also use it to sequence through midi and route audio in as an oscillator too.

MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:20 pm

apparently sound cloud has dropped flash support.. I'll need to update the forum code.. but in the mean time, here is something I'm working on, on the music production station.

Not sounding bad although I'm on awful ear bud headphones on my work computer - can't see an obvious option to download from Soundcloud to listen to properly later?
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ClavAnother » Fri May 06, 2016 6:37 pm

:wave:

So, I do still synth and organ and electric piano, but I also do many other stuff.

Here is the most recent thing:

Tanpura Swarmandal

:idk:
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Mon May 09, 2016 4:08 pm

ClavAnother wrote: :wave:

So, I do still synth and organ and electric piano, but I also do many other stuff.

Here is the most recent thing:

Tanpura Swarmandal

:idk:

Chill-riffic! (well except maybe the out of tune ending :lol:)
Last edited by christianrock on Mon May 09, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Mon May 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Smart, I've dl'ed that to listen to when I get home.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Thu May 12, 2016 4:16 pm

I like it, it sounds like yoga music but not as twee as the stuff my yoga teacher uses which is a bit more ooohhhmmmmyyy.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ClavAnother » Thu May 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Thanks. I'm going to redo it and add tablas and other stuff like singing bowls and misc. percussion.
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Mon May 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Purity_Control wrote:
apparently sound cloud has dropped flash support.. I'll need to update the forum code.. but in the mean time, here is something I'm working on, on the music production station.

Not sounding bad although I'm on awful ear bud headphones on my work computer - can't see an obvious option to download from Soundcloud to listen to properly later?

I enabled the download.. :wave:
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:27 pm

More arse, I actually finished this about a month back, then decided to caption most of it, which did make me lose the will to live a bit lol, didn't want to put it out there though without feeling like it was showing the campaign proper respect:

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:54 am

OK band camp and sound cloud are back up. They changed to iframe from Flash.. kinda going full circle here..
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:27 am

Nice, a bit moe industrial than your usual drone stuff.

Inspired by the tape loading sound of the old 8 bit computers? :love:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:24 pm

thanx, I was going for more of an industrial feel. It's sort of a different project I cooked up. I'd like to more in the same vein with some more beat driven stuff as well. Sort of an industrial / dark anime sound track or something.
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Purity_Control wrote:More arse, I actually finished this about a month back, then decided to caption most of it, which did make me lose the will to live a bit lol, didn't want to put it out there though without feeling like it was showing the campaign proper respect:

needs more girstleizer :snax:

:grin: :clap: good job
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:11 pm

needs more girstleizer :snax:

I do keep meaning to make one, I've got the two delay lines in the Lexicon though have never patched it into the modular in that way, could do with a second distortion stompbox to make up the other side of the loop... might also give a good result with the two doepfer 'moog' filter clones, or possible two non identical filters.

Am sure I'll get around to it at some point.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby gregwar » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 pm

nice tracks metro & purity !!

here's a quick & dirty bass and preset demo of the jp-08:

gregwar

Postby christianrock » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:34 pm

MetroSonus wrote:

OK band camp and sound cloud are back up. They changed to iframe from Flash.. kinda going full circle here..

I forgot to say... That might be your best track yet :jam:

gregwar wrote:nice tracks metro & purity !!

here's a quick & dirty bass and preset demo of the jp-08:

It does sound nice... but I do have to say, it might be the compression or whatnot - to me it sounds quite digital... thanks for sharing :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby gregwar » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:37 pm

ya I just relistened to the demos and they do have a distinctly "non-analog" vibe? lol.

part of this is the tuning. on my Super Jupiter mks-80 there was a tuning button and a dedicated unison detune knob on the controller. so it would gradually drift out of tune and the unison detune (especially with saw waves) was just ridiculous with 16 analog oscillators. when everything is in tune tho the super Jupiter actually sounds really clean and non-analog in ways that might surprise enthousiasts.

the recordings were done over USB (no ad/da conversion) and the effects were all muted so its a direct, clean recording.

however, when I add drive from the neve 88RS (mk2) channel strip with some 20k boost it really sounds sweet. the emt 250 reverb has a nice dark sound too, which works well with Jupiter synth strings. I want to try using the stereo 1/8" to mono mic and try the uad neve 1073 preamp (in unison mode) so it gets a huge full sound.

I need to use the jp-08 in a mix to really show off its sounds. diametro bought 2 and posted in the gs thread saying they sound very similar to a real Jupiter. I've never actually played one but for $400 I can't really complain !!

:wave: :love: :cool:
gregwar

PreviousNext

Return to KSS