christianrock
has a runny bottom

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Happy birthday EP.
ClavAnother

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 pm

that's great news!!! is it your birthday?
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:50 pm

:facepalm:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:03 am

Happy birthday EP !!
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Birthday party!! Cheesecake!!! Leonard Bernstein!!!
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Cat's and dogs! Living together!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:08 am

!!! ! ! !!! !! ! !! ! !!!
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:04 am

soundwave106 wrote:!!! ! ! !!! !! ! !! ! !!!
+1!

& I liek Leonard Bernstein.

But I bet the mean kids on teh playground called him Leonard Bunstain.

I liek cheescake 2.

:wave:
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:02 pm

I forgot to say Happy Birthday to EP a week ago. But that is ok because today's also EP's b-day so

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:39 pm

:facepalm: you guize
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:20 pm

In my chilehood, my fam had a 65 Ford Econoline camper JUST LIEK THIS ONE!

The innards were pretty ingenious: the dinette booth morphed into a double bed, a stretcher could be
deployed inside of the pop-up-bubble-top thingy, and shorty stretcher transversed the front seats.

In it, we rambled to both coasts, and even made several junkets to Florida.

Man.
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Sounds like a great chilehood :thu:

How many people were there in the family? Were you the only kid or were there others? How did they all fit? :)

And I guess, gas was very cheap.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:53 pm

When we traveled in that thing it was just me & P&M. I had two much older sisters who were out by that time. It was really like I had three moms.

But spoiled as I was, I DID NOT have a twenty five foot wide greenscreen cyclorama in the basement liek Guitarboy does:

He's all keyed up about it.
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:When we traveled in that thing it was just me & P&M. I had two much older sisters who were out by that time. It was really like I had three moms.

But spoiled as I was, I DID NOT have a twenty five foot wide greenscreen cyclorama in the basement liek Guitarboy does:

He's all keyed up about it.

What does he do with a greenscreen and a chair? Ramble on with a waterfall background? :)

And the light (top right) seems to be pointing in the wrong way? Unless the umbrella isn't a reflector of course :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 pm

christianrock wrote:What does he do with a greenscreen and a chair? Ramble on with a waterfall background? :)
Dunno. Maybe he's taping A Hairy Home Companion.

Those umbrellas are convertible from reflector to diffuser by installing or removing a silvery or golden surface on the back. Very handy economical gizmo to have, useful in a variety of situations. I have three or four. Much cheaper than soft boxes and moar versatile I think.

In that pic it looks like he's using the flood bulb just to light the greenscreen, and you can see it's not very evenly lit. That's a big secret to chroma keying; even screen lighting. The best screens are translucent matte plexi panels lighted from the back, but those take lots of room so most studios don't use em.

Plink Floyd wrote:He's all keyed up about it...
He's KEYED UP about it, Coral!
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
christianrock wrote:What does he do with a greenscreen and a chair? Ramble on with a waterfall background? :)
Dunno. Maybe he's taping A Hairy Home Companion.

Those umbrellas are convertible from reflector to diffuser by installing or removing a silvery or golden surface on the back. Very handy economical gizmo to have, useful in a variety of situations. I have three or four. Much cheaper than soft boxes and moar versatile I think.

In that pic it looks like he's using the flood bulb just to light the greenscreen, and you can see it's not very evenly lit. That's a big secret to chroma keying; even screen lighting. The best screens are translucent matte plexi panels lighted from the back, but those take lots of room so most studios don't use em.

Plink Floyd wrote:He's all keyed up about it...
He's KEYED UP about it, Coral!

ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 pm

OH HAI AGNRY BABBY!! U WAN NOM ON TEEFING BUISQUIT??
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:22 pm

So a C, an E-flat and a G walk into a bar. The bartender says, "sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

A D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "you're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually, C, who had passed out under the bar the night before, begins to sober up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest.

So, C goes to trial, is convicted of contributing to the diminution of a minor and sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an up scale correctional facility. The conviction is overturned on appeal, however, and C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor so patrons, the soprano out in the bathroom and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest and closes the bar.
ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:53 pm

ClavAnother wrote:So a C, an E-flat and a G walk into a bar. The bartender says, "sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

A D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "you're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually, C, who had passed out under the bar the night before, begins to sober up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest.

So, C goes to trial, is convicted of contributing to the diminution of a minor and sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an up scale correctional facility. The conviction is overturned on appeal, however, and C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor so patrons, the soprano out in the bathroom and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest and closes the bar.

ok actually that was a fun read :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.