Plink Floyd

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Very pleased, indeed :smoke:
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Happy birthday EP.
User avatar
ClavAnother
 
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 pm

that's great news!!! is it your birthday?
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:50 pm

:facepalm:
User avatar
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man
 
Posts: 7102
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:03 am

Happy birthday EP !!
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
User avatar
BonsoWonderDog
 
Posts: 2193
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Birthday party!! Cheesecake!!! Leonard Bernstein!!!
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Cat's and dogs! Living together!
User avatar
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man
 
Posts: 7102
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:08 am

!!! ! ! !!! !! ! !! ! !!!
BC | SC
User avatar
soundwave106
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:04 am

soundwave106 wrote:!!! ! ! !!! !! ! !! ! !!!
+1!

& I liek Leonard Bernstein.

But I bet the mean kids on teh playground called him Leonard Bunstain.

I liek cheescake 2.

:wave:
User avatar
Plink Floyd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:02 pm

I forgot to say Happy Birthday to EP a week ago. But that is ok because today's also EP's b-day so

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:39 pm

:facepalm: you guize
User avatar
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man
 
Posts: 7102
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:20 pm

In my chilehood, my fam had a 65 Ford Econoline camper JUST LIEK THIS ONE!

Image

Image

The innards were pretty ingenious: the dinette booth morphed into a double bed, a stretcher could be
deployed inside of the pop-up-bubble-top thingy, and shorty stretcher transversed the front seats.

In it, we rambled to both coasts, and even made several junkets to Florida.

Man.
User avatar
Plink Floyd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Sounds like a great chilehood :thu:

How many people were there in the family? Were you the only kid or were there others? How did they all fit? :)

And I guess, gas was very cheap.
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:53 pm

When we traveled in that thing it was just me & P&M. I had two much older sisters who were out by that time. It was really like I had three moms.



But spoiled as I was, I DID NOT have a twenty five foot wide greenscreen cyclorama in the basement liek Guitarboy does:

Image

He's all keyed up about it.
User avatar
Plink Floyd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:When we traveled in that thing it was just me & P&M. I had two much older sisters who were out by that time. It was really like I had three moms.



But spoiled as I was, I DID NOT have a twenty five foot wide greenscreen cyclorama in the basement liek Guitarboy does:

Image

He's all keyed up about it.


What does he do with a greenscreen and a chair? Ramble on with a waterfall background? :)

And the light (top right) seems to be pointing in the wrong way? Unless the umbrella isn't a reflector of course :)
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 pm

christianrock wrote:What does he do with a greenscreen and a chair? Ramble on with a waterfall background? :)
Dunno. Maybe he's taping A Hairy Home Companion.

Those umbrellas are convertible from reflector to diffuser by installing or removing a silvery or golden surface on the back. Very handy economical gizmo to have, useful in a variety of situations. I have three or four. Much cheaper than soft boxes and moar versatile I think.

In that pic it looks like he's using the flood bulb just to light the greenscreen, and you can see it's not very evenly lit. That's a big secret to chroma keying; even screen lighting. The best screens are translucent matte plexi panels lighted from the back, but those take lots of room so most studios don't use em.

Plink Floyd wrote:He's all keyed up about it...
He's KEYED UP about it, Coral!
User avatar
Plink Floyd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
christianrock wrote:What does he do with a greenscreen and a chair? Ramble on with a waterfall background? :)
Dunno. Maybe he's taping A Hairy Home Companion.

Those umbrellas are convertible from reflector to diffuser by installing or removing a silvery or golden surface on the back. Very handy economical gizmo to have, useful in a variety of situations. I have three or four. Much cheaper than soft boxes and moar versatile I think.

In that pic it looks like he's using the flood bulb just to light the greenscreen, and you can see it's not very evenly lit. That's a big secret to chroma keying; even screen lighting. The best screens are translucent matte plexi panels lighted from the back, but those take lots of room so most studios don't use em.

Plink Floyd wrote:He's all keyed up about it...
He's KEYED UP about it, Coral!

Image
User avatar
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man
 
Posts: 7102
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 pm

OH HAI AGNRY BABBY!! U WAN NOM ON TEEFING BUISQUIT??
User avatar
Plink Floyd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:22 pm

So a C, an E-flat and a G walk into a bar. The bartender says, "sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

A D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "you're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually, C, who had passed out under the bar the night before, begins to sober up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest.

So, C goes to trial, is convicted of contributing to the diminution of a minor and sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an up scale correctional facility. The conviction is overturned on appeal, however, and C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor so patrons, the soprano out in the bathroom and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest and closes the bar.
User avatar
ClavAnother
 
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Re: Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:53 pm

ClavAnother wrote:So a C, an E-flat and a G walk into a bar. The bartender says, "sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

A D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "you're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually, C, who had passed out under the bar the night before, begins to sober up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest.

So, C goes to trial, is convicted of contributing to the diminution of a minor and sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an up scale correctional facility. The conviction is overturned on appeal, however, and C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor so patrons, the soprano out in the bathroom and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest and closes the bar.


Image

ok actually that was a fun read :lol:
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests