skool

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: skool

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:17 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:ANALyst of what? Why there is not enough revenues on commissions? :idk:

Geographic Information Systems.

Sounds really badass, but isn't.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:18 pm

christianrock wrote:
selfinflikted wrote:ANALyst.

:lol:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby midinut » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:45 am

I'm in my second week at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Wow, what a change in venues! It took the life out of me for three weeks prior up to now to get all my paperwork and duckies in a row. Had to get inoculations, parking passes, turn in final transcripts and it all has not been pleasant. I'm starting to get my bearings around the campus now. I must say the views are lots better than Community College was. Nudge nudge say no more ...

So, I'm taking 16 credits (spread over 5 classes). First, I'd like to bitch-slap the person that invented Anthropology classes at 8am. Instructor is actually reaqlly good - and a hoot too. Next up is Communication 2100 (Comm Theory) - lots of reading. Hard ass instructor. Next, have we discussed MATH here before. Even though I passed the College Algebra class at CC with a "D", it counted towards my AA but wouldn't transfer over to UNCC. So I'm taking MATH 1102 - Introduction to Mathematical Thinking. So far not too bad. Old 80 year old retired teacher teaching it. Says he's gonna make sure I pass. Good news there. No more MATH after that. Tying things up are Industrial Psychology and Spanish I (same story on grades). Lots of homework, Tuesdays and Thursdays free to study. Is it May yet? Well on a positive note, no classes on Monday ... so I don't go back until next Wednesday! Woot woot.

So that's where I've been hiding. On a totally unrelated note, I did make it to Savannah on the 19th of December to swap my Kronos 61 for the Kronos 88. Set it up in the studio and have played it maybe twice, three times. Hope everyone had Happy Holidaze and New Yearz.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program ...
midinut

Postby ElectricPuppy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Good luck with the skoolz, Midinut, sounds like hard work! Are you having to hold down a job at the same time? I don't know how anyone could have that kind of schedule and job.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:17 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:Good luck with the skoolz, Midinut, sounds like hard work! Are you having to hold down a job at the same time? I don't know how anyone could have that kind of schedule and job.
I think he sayed he's teh kept man.

Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:36 pm

ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:54 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Isn't this the "LETS DO COKE" kitteh?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Well, he does seem to have his snow goggles on...
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby midinut » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:00 am

I'm going to school under the VA Vocational Rehab program which pays for tuition, books, parking, etc. and also receive a monthly stipend to assist with living expenses. I throw it in the pot and let it help wifey payz the bills.
midinut

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:21 am

No offense intended, you know. None taken, I hope?

:wave:
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:40 pm

midinut wrote:I'm going to school under the VA Vocational Rehab program which pays for tuition, books, parking, etc. and also receive a monthly stipend to assist with living expenses. I throw it in the pot and let it help wifey payz the bills.

Awesome. :thu: If I had to take on a full load of conventional classes AND work, I'd probably explode.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm surprised you haven't already, EP. I once tossed around the idea of going back and getting my masters in geography, but it's really just pointless. I'm probably, barring any unforeseen circumstances, going to be with my current employer until retirement (15 years, or so baby!) so other than just furthering my education for my own good, it'd just be superfluous for this job.

Also, wish me luck on upgrading my title. Should hear something this week!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Good luck on the upgrade, SI!

This year is going to be... challenging, yes. :freak:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:16 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:Good luck on the upgrade, SI!

This year is going to be... challenging, yes. :freak:

Well, I would wish the best of luck to YOU as well, but I know you don't need it! You are one smart.. puppy.

But in case you do, GOOD LUCK! :)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:09 pm

I'll take whatever good luck I can get, thanks SI! :wave:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:41 pm

15 years! me too....

I got a letter in the mail from our retirement system and it said I had 15 in and I was like :eek: sweet! :thu:

That went back to when I was part time in the 90s. Lucked out I did.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Awesome! I'm not sure that I'll be *able* to retire in 15 years, because I will have a lot of life left to live -HOPEFULLY- and will probably need more monies. But it's nice to know that option will at least be on the table.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:28 pm

There's a guy who works in our team who is 79.

That's what I see myself doing, honestly. Not necessarily in the same field, but I don't see myself just stopping and doing nothing. Unless I can't find work that is - but there's always "welcome to Wal-Mart!!" :lol:

Which is probably going to be necessary anyway, I moved here when I was 23 but stayed employed in Brazil until I was 31. So I can't easily retire in Brazil - haven't contributed there in many years - nor in the US, where I have only been employed for 13 years so far.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 pm

If I were to retire "early" in life, I wouldn't just be doing NOTHING. I'd join a cover band, or work on music, gardening, other hobbies. I could SO not ever work again, from this moment on, if that option were available. I have tons of other things I would love to be doing, instead. ;)

All that said, I don't hate my job or anything. It's just that I'm sort of a control freak, and having to get up daily to go do someone else's bidding goes against the grain of my brain.
selfinflikted
Down in it

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.