selfinflikted

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

selfinflikted

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Welcome to your own thread :wave:

Anyway, your HC mailbox is full.

So I'll just post my msg here.

Thanks for the compliment on that song :)
My old drummer hasn't really been getting back to me. I'd need him, for example that intro and verse are in a measure of 15/16 and he's the only person I know that could play that...
We did a lot of shit like that - stuff that seems to flow effortlessly but the measure beat behind it was totally messed up. About two albums worth of that stuff...
I was hopeful that we'd get back together and work on some stuff but I haven't heard from him in about a month.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Re: selfinflikted

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:11 am

:wave:

I have no idea what you two are talking about.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I feel OK about this.

I like eggs.
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:42 pm

pan fried pinochle?
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm

OMGZORZ! I has my own thread and just realized!

:jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

That is poop, fren. Yes, the time on that song was odd for sure, but definitely part of the appeal. Seriously, this could easily be played on most any rock radio station. It's extremely commercial (in a good way) and doesn't quite sound like anything else that comes to mind. I would have it on my playlist in a heartbeat.

christianrock wrote:Welcome to your own thread :wave:

Anyway, your HC mailbox is full.

So I'll just post my msg here.

Thanks for the compliment on that song :)
My old drummer hasn't really been getting back to me. I'd need him, for example that intro and verse are in a measure of 15/16 and he's the only person I know that could play that...
We did a lot of shit like that - stuff that seems to flow effortlessly but the measure beat behind it was totally messed up. About two albums worth of that stuff...
I was hopeful that we'd get back together and work on some stuff but I haven't heard from him in about a month.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Also, as Zelda Rubenstein might say, "This inbox is clean."
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Sweet. Thanks for the compliments :thu:

If I ever do a project with Bill (the drummer) again, I'll re-record Justice with better sound quality, and possibly better lyrics.

For those who don't know what we're talking about: one of my old bands http://www.myspace.com/nv375
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Justice rocks my socks.

And, even if Bill doesn't want to jam again, you should do it anyway. Hell, I'll program the drums if you do the rest. :jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 pm

I can program the drums in the DR5, I still have it (it's where I wrote it originally). In fact, I think it still has the song I programmed :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How about you add some keys parts :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am

Can you send me the mp3? Or is it downloadable on MySpace?
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm pretty sure it's downloadable still... if not I'll have to look for it at home...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Also, since I has my own thread nao, which pretty much makes me a superstar, I would like to pat myself on the back for the work I've done in my project studio at home over the past weekend.

Here is a pic of my rig before:

It's cluttered and generally untidy. Also, I'm fairly certain that in recent months, there has been a Cord shortage in the U.S. if not the entire world. Admittedly, this is my fault. Most of the United States' cord supply could be found behind my studio desk. I know it's near impossible to tell from the photo, but trust me - the amount of tangled Cord back there was staggering. I was told by a very trusted scientific resource that, if I laid all the cord from behind my desk end-to-end, it would go around the Earth at the equator around 9,000 times. Shocking, I know.

However, this past weekend I took it upon myself to attempt the impossible. I've downsized, stored away some gear that's hardly ever used, sold some, and organized and cut the amount of Cord behind the desk down by about 75%. Surely, this will help restore the nation's supply which, in turn, should help the world-wide Cord crisis. I like to do my part.

This is the "after" picture. Again, one can't tell the Cord situation, but rest assured it has been delt with. I also broke down and stored the Bowflex (behind the camera; not pictured) underneath the guest bed in the spare bedroom. I also disconnected my DTXplorer electronic drum set and broke it down as well for storage in the attic. Now, there's room to hop around when I'm jamming on my guitar/bass. Further, I unpacked the closet (also behind the camera; not pictured) and threw away about 6 full garbage bags worth of completely useless old computer components I was hanging on to for god knows why, along with other various articles and accoutrements. The closet is now used to house cords, stands, boxy things with knobs and lights, and other audio equipment for easy retrieval and storage. This project took a total of about 20 hours.

I am so proud I could poo.
Last edited by selfinflikted on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Wow, that looks like a pretty neat space. I see a Studio of the Month coming up!

I kinda like the "before" space though, I like having a keyboard at hand's reach. But that's just for ergonomics. Having everything organized is a must when you don't live by yourself :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Yea, that's true. Ideally, the Sh201 over in the corner would be sitting on the desk below the GIGANTIC monitor and would be my controller. Sadly, there's not room enough for that, the computer keyboard, the mixer, and the drum machine which MUST be within arm's reach.

I really lucked up when I moved into this house. While the studio space is probably not particularly ideal space-wise for most people, it's perfect for me.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Also, something else I've noticed through trial and error: You should ALWAYS run power cords and audio cables as close to perpendicular with one another as possible. This cuts down on noise greatly. Before I remedied the Cord Crisis, I'm surprised I could even hear music for all the buzz. Now that I've organized the Cord, the noise is all but gone. This makes me extremely happy.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 pm

I did not know that.

But I don't think I've had those kinds of problems with noice.

I just had to rearrange my studio a bit because I hooked up the Fusion to the interface via SPDIF and the cable's kinda short. It's a 50 dollar cable, too. That caused some issues... I'll take pics and post them on MY thread :cool:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:19 pm

ahhh an SH201.. what a beauty..

and by all means, you can have studio of the month if you want it. I Pmed a few people and I haven't heard anything back so, it's all yours if you want it.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm not sure what that entails, but if it's free I'll take it! :jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:31 pm

MetroSonus wrote:ahhh an SH201.. what a beauty..

Isn't it? Not only does it sound great for the price point, but it LOOKS just like a piece of the control panel of a Star Destroyer. LOVE it! :jam:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 pm

christianrock wrote:I did not know that.

But I don't think I've had those kinds of problems with noice.

I just had to rearrange my studio a bit because I hooked up the Fusion to the interface via SPDIF and the cable's kinda short. It's a 50 dollar cable, too. That caused some issues... I'll take pics and post them on MY thread :cool:

Yes! pics please!

Also, I should probably mention at this point that I'm slightly (read: highly) OCD about things like clutter, the way things sit on a table/desk, and tangled cords. How the studio managed to stay in the shape it was in for so long without me going completely bat shit crazy is beyond me.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Next

Return to The Hang Out.