Epic Motion Picture Cinematic Thead

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Epic Motion Picture Cinematic Thead

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't remember that one, the horse looks like a melon on legs! :lol:

Camberwick Green was one of my favourites:

btw i have the series on dvd and that clip is for real :lol:

we got the hanna-barbara(spl?) stuff here, also Banana Splits, i think with a different theme tune, and the ghostbusters thing with the ape that came back as a cartoon about 20 years later.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Also i now feel compelled to link you all to this related and bonkers vid, this one is 'fake' :facepalm:

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 pm

ClavAnother wrote:you guys ever watch this shit when you were kids? Well... when Retro and me were kids and you you lot were younger-than-you-are-now™?

AHAHAA! Lenny Bruce ftw! I can't believe someone else has seen that! A friend of mine collects RCA Video Disks and players, and that bit was an easter egg on a disk of Bruce's standup stuff.

Pop: "Whachu want that Indian fer?"

Mask Man: "To perform an Unnatural Act! Wash him up and get him ready..."

:lol:
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Purity_Control wrote:ghostbusters thing with the ape
The one with Forrest Tucker & Larry Storch? That was dismal.

That Lenny Bruce vid was never allowed on American Telly™ . Mr. Bruce was, in fact, burned at the stake for saying bad words in public and telling about the time he saw Eleanor Roosevelt's tits .
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 pm

My friends older brother was sitting in his room laughing his ass off (probably smoking grass) and he told us to come in and check this out.

He had it on VHS, I had no idea where he got it... I don't even know how I remembered it just now (it's been nigh on twenty years), but I thought somebody here must have seen... I shoulda guess it'd be you :wave:
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:32 pm

I worked with the Video Disk guy for ten years: he and I constantly entertained each other with Wacky Comedy Bits™ . He had an encyclopedic memory of Bruce, Python, Brooks, Carlin, and Much Much More. The company was owned by the English, so it helped the lulz greatly that the workplace was never short of Brits and all sorts of other foreign types. We had great fun.

"Bloody Ell, what's all this then? What's Ian on about?"

"Soddit all! E's taken a piss at me & buggered off!"

"E's a Wally, that one! Pratting about all day! And e's got the manners of a Scotsman!"
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:37 am

ClavAnother wrote:you guys ever watch this shit when you were kids? Well... when Retro and me were kids and you lot were younger-than-you-are-now™?

I've never seen this. Thank you, mask man.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:14 am

this is interesting:

"The animation is by Jeff Hale who went on to direct the Pinball Number Count animations on Sesame Street and worked on everything from Muppet Babies to Heavy Metal."
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:13 am

ClavAnother wrote:"Heavy Mental"

Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, it bombed.

I guess we told em down thar in Holeywood jest wut kind o movies we DON'T like! Now it'll be a safe bet thet we won't never hafta worry about 'em makin' no movies by nobody like Fillip KDick or Heinlein nor Bradberry or no sech crap as that!

Ah think they oughta jest go straight to makin'

"Bachelorette, the Movie!"

:mad:
Plink Floyd

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Starman Jones and Glory Road were my favourite Heinlein books when I was growing up.

Not sure I ever read either as an adult, loved Asimov and Harry Harrison as a kid too, and after how awful I found them after I grew up... dunno if I want to find out Heinlein went the same way.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 am

Purity_Control wrote:Starman Jones and Glory Road were my favourite Heinlein books when I was growing up.

Not sure I ever read either as an adult, loved Asimov and Harry Harrison as a kid too, and after how awful I found them after I grew up... dunno if I want to find out Heinlein went the same way.
I know exactly what you mean. In the 90s, I was so excited to find "Lost in Space" on VHS. I planned to watch them with my kids, thinking "wow, I get to vicariously re-live the magic all over again"! Boy, was that a bust.

I can (and do) still read Heinlein, though. I just assume the proper mindset (kid mode). My son enjoyed when I read aloud Red Planet and Have Space Suit, Will Travel, complete with character voices. Those two are still my favorite RAH books.
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm

vicariously? Crap, I jut torture my wife with the stuff and watch it for myself. Beats the hell out of what's on these days....
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:39 am

I'ma hopefully catch up on some movies next week. Let's see... Tintin...

I dunno, what else? I haven't seen any of the Ringlord movies. What say ye, oh weilders of teh upseydowner thumbs?
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 pm

OK, thanks for the suggestions.

Puss in Boots was pretty good; lots of storybook jokes and cat humor, and a good villain.

Uh, by 'good villain' I mean 'entertaining', not that his moral character was 'good'. He was, of course, quite 'evil', which is 'good' for a villain...
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 pm

I thought it was a tad serious and a take on Rango ... :idk:

I just watched it.. i thought it was sorta in the middle. not amusing enough to be really funny, but then not deep enough to hold up the serious tone.

I mean I liked it, but it's not going to become a family classic with us..

oohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

but most kids will probably like it and over look all that.

I saw hugo too a few weeks ago .. Image

way too much fakking hype and scorsase ass kissing. decent enough movie... the 'fairytale" aspect of course is a winner with kids.. but considering how derailed and cliche the plot was, id give it a D- but a C for putting it into the "meh, just something to watch" catagory and not the "I'd rather have corrective hernia repair than watch this" catagory.
MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:22 am

Yah, Hugo didn't attract me.

I haven't seen Rango, but my fam disliked it. We have it. My daughter saw it once. She will watch a favored movie every day for a week, but will not watch it again with me. I'm curious about it. Given what you know about me, would I like it?
Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:34 am

We watched Hugo last week, I don't think it met the level of hype. It's worth a rental, but I'm glad I didn't shell out full theater price for it.

We went out and saw "The Artist" just before Oscars, I thought it was very well done.

On DVD, we just finished seasons 1 and 2 of "Downton Abbey". GOOD STUFF.

Now we're starting on "Game of Thrones".
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:Yah, Hugo didn't attract me.

I haven't seen Rango, but my fam disliked it. We have it. My daughter saw it once. She will watch a favored movie every day for a week, but will not watch it again with me. I'm curious about it. Given what you know about me, would I like it?

.................... you'll probably give it a meh. nothing bad in it, but it's a bit too surreal for a kids movie. nothing really pull you into it either and it just feels kinda vacant. Excellent, excellent CGI though.
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:27 pm

I think that sums it up pretty well, Metro.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.