Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:59 pm

O HAI EVERYONE

I haven't been synthing. But my two older boys are doing piano lessons. The middle one is actually doing better than the older one, he can play some simple songs with two hands already. Yay.

I have however been playing guitar and singing... just not recording.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:35 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:42 pm

christianrock wrote:O HAI EVERYONE

I haven't been synthing. But my two older boys are doing piano lessons. The middle one is actually doing better than the older one, he can play some simple songs with two hands already. Yay.

I have however been playing guitar and singing... just not recording.

Ahh.. a little hot cross buns? molly malone? Ahh yes I remember those days vividly. My ex gave my son an electric guitar and I bought him a distortion pedal and he's been playing that on an off.
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 am

MetroSonus wrote:Image

I wore this hat, unironically, 1983-1984. I regret nothing.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:48 am

Well then happy birthday eh
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:54 am

Happy Birthday, 'ol man. I hope you're doing well!

And the rest of ya!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:12 pm

FYI waves is having a sale.. everything is almost 30$ probably because they're moving to a monthly model.. :freak: It's also buy two get one, but three get two.. I got the SSL E series strip, and autopan plugin and some boss compressor that's supposed to be the bees knees.

https://www.waves.com/r/w5jdao
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:42 am

I bought a Maschine. It should be here next Tuesday. No, really. I blame Red Means Recording.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:41 pm

That dude's got a cool channel. I'm gonna have to paw through it.

Didn't you have a maschine at some point? or was that CR?

Ok I gotta say the SSL 4000 E channel is amazeballs. I'm really surprised I havent used it yet. I can't see myself not using it now on every channel.
MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:39 pm

Must have been CR, this is my first contact with Maschine. I got the + version; I like the idea of having a standalone workstation that's not dependent on Windows and PC upgrades and HW compatibilities, etc. Making music with a mouse is teh suxxor, imho.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:14 pm

MetroSonus wrote:That dude's got a cool channel. I'm gonna have to paw through it.

Didn't you have a maschine at some point? or was that CR?

Ok I gotta say the SSL 4000 E channel is amazeballs. I'm really surprised I havent used it yet. I can't see myself not using it now on every channel.

Yeah. I use them all the time.
ClavAnother

Postby topcat » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:40 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:

Yes, but if you wear it backwards, you're making the statement you are an independent thinking, open minded hipster.

Btw, I was driving south on US19, took a leftie and wound up here....who knew! :idk:
topcat

Postby christianrock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:34 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:I bought a Maschine. It should be here next Tuesday. No, really. I blame Red Means Recording.

Nice. The + version, huh? I've been intrigued about it. Let's see how you like it.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:35 pm

topcat wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:

Yes, but if you wear it backwards, you're making the statement you are an independent thinking, open minded hipster.

Btw, I was driving south on US19, took a leftie and wound up here....who knew! :idk:

Good thing you ended up here :) How have you been? Still in FL?

I have not worn this hat but I have considered it.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby topcat » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi CR..Yep, still in Florida, and plan on staying here.
Mom passed away Jan 2018, a week shy of her 95th birthday. We had were able to keep her in her bedroom(again my studio now) with home hospice for 2 weeks and she was able to keep her bed looking out the back window to the trees and bushes behind us.
Wife has retired over a year and half ago, so we spend much early morning hours at the beach swimming in the Gulf.
Just got our Covid shots on the 11th and 12th of March, and due for 2nd one in 3 weeks.

Bought/sold gear but now on a fixed income, so can't afford to pick up expensive toys anymore. lol
But still making music on the DAW and recently picked up a new Tascam 24SD Digital Portastudio which I love.($399)from Tascam website.

How are you doing? the fam? music? new/old gear?

I told Metro I don't do many music forums anymore, got fed up over at the same arguing all the time on Gearslutz so deleted my account.
I read they had an online petition to change their name, and the response was overwhelming to change it, so they are in the process of changing the name legally.

When I get around to it, I'll add my YouTube channel, Soundcloud and Bandcamp pages to my sig since I've done new music the past year.:)
topcat

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:22 pm

christianrock wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:I bought a Maschine. It should be here next Tuesday. No, really. I blame Red Means Recording.

Nice. The + version, huh? I've been intrigued about it. Let's see how you like it.

it's nice so far. As with anything new these days, it didn't come with a printed manual. I've trying to slowly feel my way around first without the manual to see how intuitive it is. It's... sort of? Could definitely be more intuitive for some things. I figured that if I bump around with it like this first and THEN read the manual, the design and architecture might make more sense.

it definitely has some jam potential.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:00 am

Well I've got some work again, remoting in to an office in Bradford to do billing for a shipping company for Brexit import charges lol.

Not as exciting as working for the food hub but I only had 1 day a week with them and the local authority I think are just going to keep chipping away at the funding until it falls over. Still looking to keep my hand in there somewhere.

Feeling bettwe in myself now there's a bit more daylight... might actually get back into making some music sooner or later.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:05 am

MetroSonus wrote:
ClavAnother wrote:“Why does everybody keep asking us if it’s a Synthi 100 clone?? It’s obviously our own design. Sheesh”

Either way, I think it's pretty cool.. I mean if I had enough room, it'd be cool to have some kind of synth, station like that. but sadly that is more time money and space than I have at the moment.

I don't really know why, but I never liked the Analogue Solutions sound... just comes across as weak to me.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:08 pm

topcat wrote:Hi CR..Yep, still in Florida, and plan on staying here.
Mom passed away Jan 2018, a week shy of her 95th birthday. We had were able to keep her in her bedroom(again my studio now) with home hospice for 2 weeks and she was able to keep her bed looking out the back window to the trees and bushes behind us.
Wife has retired over a year and half ago, so we spend much early morning hours at the beach swimming in the Gulf.
Just got our Covid shots on the 11th and 12th of March, and due for 2nd one in 3 weeks.

Bought/sold gear but now on a fixed income, so can't afford to pick up expensive toys anymore. lol
But still making music on the DAW and recently picked up a new Tascam 24SD Digital Portastudio which I love.($399)from Tascam website.

How are you doing? the fam? music? new/old gear?

I told Metro I don't do many music forums anymore, got fed up over at the same arguing all the time on Gearslutz so deleted my account.
I read they had an online petition to change their name, and the response was overwhelming to change it, so they are in the process of changing the name legally.

When I get around to it, I'll add my YouTube channel, Soundcloud and Bandcamp pages to my sig since I've done new music the past year.:)

Well, honestly there's not that much expensive gear that can make a whole lot of difference anymore... you can do great things now with cheap gear.

Glad to hear you're still rockin' :) Looking forward to hearing it.

I started working on music again last year but don't have anything to show for it yet. Hopefully soon...

And the family is doing great, thanks for asking :) Now that my kids are older my wife is working part time so our finances are doing much better... hopefully I'll get to buy some new toys again, after quite a while. But most important would be to find more time to use what I already have...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.