hai guyz!

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: hai guyz!

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 pm

MetroSonus wrote:And I really, really wanna know where you come up with these mad google fu skills for real


Right click image -> "Search Google for image" in Chrome. :)

That being said, the biggest problem with any Google search for any memes is the insane amount of inane (often seemingly bot-generated) crap that doesn't tell you anything. So a lot of it is just filtering out the junk links and doing various other Google searches to narrow things down. It's like solving a puzzle of filtering out the noise and junk of the web. Probably the biggest clue was that a large percentage of hashtags and descriptors were Portuguese and pointed to Brazil specifically (eg #brasilselvagem, which I think is "wild Brazil"; #jacaré is Portuguese for "alligator").

It also helped to Google terms that kind of fit this video (brazil alligator canoe) just to see if anything came up, and find out that a small Portuguese Internet marketing company called Buzzvideos also posted this video (with stupid dramatic library music overlaid on top of it :lol:). The full English description there is where I got that this possibly might be Pantanal Matogrossense. (Since approx. 99% of the Internet is bullshit, particularly viral crap, that may not be true, but at least it gave me the name of a swamp area in Brazil I didn't know before. :) )

Some of the video clips also have sound and the guy on the boat is clearly saying "jacaré", so that also narrows things down. It certainly wasn't being posted from the middle of Lisbon!
User avatar
soundwave106
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:02 pm

MetroSonus wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:Oh I get it. The sticker says BASS AMPLIFIRE lol. Good catch PC!



Maybe that was the funny? :idk: :lol: I just assumed it was one of those fancy British spellings like Colour TV and tyre :eyes: :lol:


That was teh funny! :grin: I thought it was a running joke but I guess everyone else had forgotten it.

Sargent is fine, I had to shoo her off the amp as she didn't care that her arse and tail fur were getting burnt.

She is safer on the cushion.

Image
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
User avatar
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct
 
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby gregwar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:50 pm

oh hai :wave:

pc glad to hear sargent is ok

sw have you checked out martin phipps? his work on season 4 of the crown is cinematic or soundtrack style music and is really well done. i didn’t realize he did a bunch of other great themes like victoria, black mirror, etc

synth wise, the 104 hp behringer case, +3 rack bracket thing looks really appealing. i’ve wanted to get suit & tie guy’s new oscs and maybe a filter from him. plus if i buy 1-2 behringer modules per month (or whole synth voices) i could have a decent size modular in a couple years and financial ruin :facepalm: lol

:drink: :jam: :idk:
User avatar
gregwar
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby ClavAnother » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am

Image
User avatar
ClavAnother
 
Posts: 5976
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Purity_Control wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:
Plink Floyd wrote:Oh I get it. The sticker says BASS AMPLIFIRE lol. Good catch PC!



Maybe that was the funny? :idk: :lol: I just assumed it was one of those fancy British spellings like Colour TV and tyre :eyes: :lol:


That was teh funny! :grin: I thought it was a running joke but I guess everyone else had forgotten it.



It looked familiar.. lol. But I gotta say, I did forget.. :lol:
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 9429
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:26 pm

soundwave106 wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:And I really, really wanna know where you come up with these mad google fu skills for real


Right click image -> "Search Google for image" in Chrome. :)

That being said, the biggest problem with any Google search for any memes is the insane amount of inane (often seemingly bot-generated) crap that doesn't tell you anything. So a lot of it is just filtering out the junk links and doing various other Google searches to narrow things down. It's like solving a puzzle of filtering out the noise and junk of the web. Probably the biggest clue was that a large percentage of hashtags and descriptors were Portuguese and pointed to Brazil specifically (eg #brasilselvagem, which I think is "wild Brazil"; #jacaré is Portuguese for "alligator").

It also helped to Google terms that kind of fit this video (brazil alligator canoe) just to see if anything came up, and find out that a small Portuguese Internet marketing company called Buzzvideos also posted this video (with stupid dramatic library music overlaid on top of it :lol:). The full English description there is where I got that this possibly might be Pantanal Matogrossense. (Since approx. 99% of the Internet is bullshit, particularly viral crap, that may not be true, but at least it gave me the name of a swamp area in Brazil I didn't know before. :) )

Some of the video clips also have sound and the guy on the boat is clearly saying "jacaré", so that also narrows things down. It certainly wasn't being posted from the middle of Lisbon!


Still, pretty impressive....
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 13567
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:15 am

Not sure if you guys know Alex, he makes some pretty incredible videos. This one is pretty far out


User avatar
ClavAnother
 
Posts: 5976
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Re: hai guyz!

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:37 pm

That was entertaining. The song was very Gilbert & Sullivan.

Which reminds me; how is our friend Mr. The Suit?

He is the very model of a module making gentleman.

:wave:
User avatar
Plink Floyd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

Re: hai guyz!

Postby christianrock » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:54 pm

Wow, he puts a LOT of work into those videos.

I have to say that was the best video presentation on a synth, that I have ever seen.

I also have to say that the CS-30 blew my mind. What a cool synth. It's got it all, all those controls/features, and those sweet CS oscillators and filters. Moog who?
User avatar
christianrock
has a runny bottom
 
Posts: 13567
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:09 pm

that reminds me of professor elemental kinda.. :lol: Is there any kind of "best youtube video" award for an informational/instructional video that someone actually puts the work into and isn't just someone fumbling with a camera and mumbling the entire time? Effort should be rewarded dammit. :samsh: three cheers for the jolly good chap.

Plink, you heard gilbert and sullivan? I heard more sgt pepper.. hmm

Ok the wall has been fixed in my desk nook area and the nektar impact has been ordered. I'll need to build a sliding shelf under my desk, but we are now on the way to new musics. :smoke:
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 9429
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:20 pm

I seem to have gone kind of nuts with Christmas lights outside this year, actually I hate the season but everything feels so miserable here I thought it would brighten the place up... just spent an hour getting 64 metres of coloured lights into my cherry tree. :freak: Will drop a pic later.

Meanwhile back at the lolz

Image
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
User avatar
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct
 
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:23 pm

ClavAnother wrote:Not sure if you guys know Alex, he makes some pretty incredible videos. This one is pretty far out




I like the channel but that song was annoying the living crap out of me. :facepalm:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
User avatar
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct
 
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:06 pm

What is it about those flat 2nd's that cats love so much?

Image
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
User avatar
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct
 
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby ClavAnother » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:19 pm

christianrock wrote:Wow, he puts a LOT of work into those videos.

I have to say that was the best video presentation on a synth, that I have ever seen.

I also have to say that the CS-30 blew my mind. What a cool synth. It's got it all, all those controls/features, and those sweet CS oscillators and filters. Moog who?





The scene where he talks about what it’s like when you first lay eyes on one is exactly what it was like for my friend and I when I got mine. .
User avatar
ClavAnother
 
Posts: 5976
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Purity_Control wrote:I seem to have gone kind of nuts with Christmas lights outside this year, actually I hate the season but everything feels so miserable here I thought it would brighten the place up... just spent an hour getting 64 metres of coloured lights into my cherry tree. :freak: Will drop a pic later.



It's more fun when you have kids or family around, I guess? It's nothing I would ever do for me and I can't think of many older / single people that really put any effort into it, so you're probably not alone.

I like the season though because it's the only time in Florida it gets cold. The cold fronts bring the rain and I just love to get up early, make coffee and sit on my couch and look out the back door window on the field at the gray skies and the rain coming in. Never makes me depressed.. I think it's pretty peaceful.

I like to put on new age music too. It's christmasy without being the same 6 songs being sung by 100 different people.

I get a real tree for my son mainly, but otherwise, I have a couple fake ones that take 5 minutes to put up and down and that'd be it..

What's going on in England? I scanned BBC but didn't see anything relevant.
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 9429
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Purity_Control wrote:
Image



I had to have that explained to me, while browsing another website.. :idk: I was like le tits now.. ok that's funny, but i don't get it. Then the website says let it snow.. I couldn't even figure that out on my own. I have a serious stupid. :facepalm:
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 9429
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:59 pm

So the nektar 88 is in.. So far, I like it.. the keys are better than id say Maudio in quality, being semi weighted, but obviously they're not better than a higher quality, dedicated piano feel controller. I'm fine with it honestly.. it's light years better than the typical thin plastic "synth action" keys.

I picked up some drawer slides and a board to make a shelf for. Normally, I'd use a rubbermaid or prefab shelf you can get from the home centers, but they keyboard is pretty big so I had to go with an actual piece of wood. I need to cut it down and paint in black to match the desk. once I have it all in, I'll get a photo of it.

But honestly, this is one of those "why didn't I do this sooner" things.. I played with it for about 20 mins last night and using the m1 or wavestation plug in, feels like having a real synth.. it was a lot of fun. I'm going to buy the triton next at some point. I have the demo and I like a lot of the earlier 90's korg synths.

No clue why all of the companies aren't putting out older 90's romplers in VST form. it's a no brainer way to make some cash.
User avatar
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.
 
Posts: 9429
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby soundwave106 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:58 pm

MetroSonus wrote:No clue why all of the companies aren't putting out older 90's romplers in VST form. it's a no brainer way to make some cash.


Korg, of course has, because they are sensible.

Roland, of course, also has, but they want you to cough up $199 a year for the privilege, because they are greedy.

Yamaha, of course, has not, because they are Yamaha.

Alesis, of course, has not, because Numark bought them and now doesn't care (they don't even make synths anymore, I don't think, just digital pianos).

Ensoniq and Emu has not, because Creative Labs bought these two companies and killed them.

Kurzweil has not, a little more surprisingly. To be honest I would think a virtual K2600 would generate some sales, especially if they somehow tie in both old K libraries and the newer PC3 ones.
User avatar
soundwave106
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby gregwar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:15 am

roland fan boi here...
you can buy licenses for the cloud stuff, similar to how you buy a regular soft synth. then you don’t have to pay monthly
i currently have the stystem 100 and jupiter 8 licenses and don’t pay for the roland cloud since i’m too busy to use it

nexus is good too...

there’s a sale on the korg bundle right now... another thing to tempt me over dec! i should probably buy gifts for others not just for me lol
User avatar
gregwar
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: hai guyz!

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:42 pm

Cool, that's different then what I knew from a previous status. So Roland I guess also became sensible. :)
User avatar
soundwave106
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron