MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:01 pm

MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Was helping out at a local food bank on Thursday... awsome that they can do what they do but grim to see people waiting in line for food parcels that really did look like they're proper starving.

I took this pic as you might remember Breakdance Jesus :freak: :lol: It's run out of the same church hall where I used to do yoga.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:39 pm

That's awesome PC :thu: I've always admired you for staying active one way or the other.

I started watching father brown on one of those BBC import channels on Amazon (all I watch mainly is BBC shows.. big surprise..). It was supposed to be set in the 50's, after WW2, but it looked like the 40's easily.. the style on the show. So I did some digging and read that Uk wasn't as wealthy as the US after the war and so much money / effort went into rebuilding, that most people were still struggling..

They made an effort on the show to show that some people were still wearing the same clothes, half a decade later. That was something I never knew until I researched it. And your photo / experience reminds me still, even when things are bad, someone may have it worse.

Thanks for posting that.. it's very humbling.
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:30 pm

MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:22 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Image

That brings up a good question... who here got the Covid?

We had it in July. One day of fever, a few days feeling tired, then loss of taste for a few days as well.

And where the heck is everyone??? Is it the Metro, Purity and CR show now? :cop:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:25 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 pm

christianrock wrote:And where the heck is everyone??? Is it the Metro, Purity and CR show now? :cop:

Working from home these days, which is great, because the home office has a *much* better sound system. :jam:

No COVID here, the COVID lockdown however has made my introvert tendencies to avoid other human creatures very pleased.
soundwave106

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 pm

yeah I don't want no covid... :freak:

I'm glad too, there's hardly any students on campus.. even though we got the rooms ready for online / real time teaching, the teachers elected to teach online only, mostly.

Matt... shows up every now and then and also FB. EP..... :idk: I texted him on Fb a long time ago and he said he was good and I don't recall 100% what he said he had going on though.

I see SW is still with us.. Swagwar shows up now and again..

I've been kinda cruising the forums now that I'm mostly deskbound again.. I can't be bothered to really join in these days. The topics seem to be cyclical and I also just don't see the sense of community we used to have on HC back in the day anymore.
MetroSonus

Postby soundwave106 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 pm

MetroSonus wrote:I've been kinda cruising the forums now that I'm mostly deskbound again.. I can't be bothered to really join in these days. The topics seem to be cyclical and I also just don't see the sense of community we used to have on HC back in the day anymore.

Social media's split into so much stuff these days. :p I think the younger folks tend to hang out on subreddits and Discord servers and whatnot instead of fourms.

HC wasn't always so srs (which helped with the community bit and differentiated it from GS, KVR, MW, etc.) and that's something that doesn't work quite as well in today's Internet... most of the more visible things (like synth subreddits) are heavily moderated to be on-topic. These things lack a, er, "hai guyz!". I know even Muffwiggler and Gearslutz tend to clamp down anything perceived as Drama, too.

You're right about the "sense of community'" bit... in the old Web days, real-life meetups based on Usenet groups, Listserv stuff, etc. happened, and this is something I just don't see out of the Facebook / Twitter / Instagram clickbait-rage model of today's mainstream Internet. Probably some stuff happens in circles off the main timelines, though.
soundwave106

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:58 pm

cats... man.

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:01 pm

MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:07 pm

soundwave106 wrote:
MetroSonus wrote:I've been kinda cruising the forums now that I'm mostly deskbound again.. I can't be bothered to really join in these days. The topics seem to be cyclical and I also just don't see the sense of community we used to have on HC back in the day anymore.

Social media's split into so much stuff these days. :p I think the younger folks tend to hang out on subreddits and Discord servers and whatnot instead of fourms.

HC wasn't always so srs (which helped with the community bit and differentiated it from GS, KVR, MW, etc.) and that's something that doesn't work quite as well in today's Internet... most of the more visible things (like synth subreddits) are heavily moderated to be on-topic. These things lack a, er, "hai guyz!". I know even Muffwiggler and Gearslutz tend to clamp down anything perceived as Drama, too.

You're right about the "sense of community'" bit... in the old Web days, real-life meetups based on Usenet groups, Listserv stuff, etc. happened, and this is something I just don't see out of the Facebook / Twitter / Instagram clickbait-rage model of today's mainstream Internet. Probably some stuff happens in circles off the main timelines, though.

Maybe I should take out a facebook add? :idk: Here's some pitches I came up with.

The sort of funny, music production forum.

It's like Cheers! But worse..

The internet's greatest kept secret! Because there's a reason you don't know about it and it's not a good one.
MetroSonus

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.