MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Re: hai guyz!

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:24 pm

MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:41 pm

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:30 pm

NI kontakt is only 200$ now.. that's not bad. Considering it.. :smoke:
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:45 pm

MetroSonus

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm

wat

oh, hey guize. What's happenin'? It's finally starting to cool off 'round these parts. Ayup.

Current score:
woodworking - 1
synthing - 0
piano - 1

Current plan of record:
Teh Wife to open 3 franchise stores and out-earn me.
Teh Derp (me) to then pursue a career in piano bar. Maybe. (probably?) We'll see. :grin:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Do you sing?
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:00 pm

no. But maybe I should learn.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Do piano bar people sing?
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:16 pm

ClavAnother

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:That be-peckered pillow can NOT be a coincidence.

I think not. Maybe it was dick-tated by the cir-cum-stances..

(ok even I groaned at this one)

OH HAI I was supposed to be on vaca this week but I've been cleaning up minor destruction caused by a"microburst" which is basically an upside down tornado with 95 mph wind that visited us Saturday. Nobody hurt, nothing of mine seriously damaged but still a big pita: trees down, various outdoor objects tumbled about & relocated, semi trucks upside down, roof peeled off our Walmart...

I'll poast pics next week when I'm back a work (I can't remember my p-bucket p-word lol).

Microbursts are no joke... I was at a gas station here in Atlanta a couple of years ago and one hit where I was. It wasn't a major one but it was enough to rip the gas station signs which flew away. I immediately got into my car... but these things only last a minute and then they're gone, and thankfully only some small things hit my car - which is already all marked from hail anyway :lol: I drive a work beater car for that reason... not to worry about these things.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:21 pm

ClavAnother wrote:Image

Seriously. I lol'd :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 pm

play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 pm

So help me out, my frens.

Today I celebrate 10 years of employment with my current company... by working from home :lol:

But I also received a link to a page that lets me pick a gift for my 10 year anniversary.

Among the things I can choose from:
- A somewhat fancy espresso maker (which apparently makes very good espresso but has plastic parts that can break in 3 years or so - it's a Capresso and all their coffee makers seem to have issues with quality)
- A nice set of German knives (which is nice but a knife is a knife :lol:)
- A miter saw with legs (that has good reviews even though it is not an expensive model - but would I use it much? I don't know...)
- A table saw with legs (would I use this more than a miter saw? The miter saw would probably be more versatile... this won't cut at a 45 degree angle...
- A Casio CTK-6200 arranger/keyboard. Now this 200 dollar keyboard is supposed to actually have nice keys, and the pianos and EPs are as good as any workstations from the 2000s. I've seen a couple good sounding demos from it on youtube. But it's a Casio...
- A murse :lol:
- A semi-fancy men's cable bangle :lol:
- A gas grill (I use charcoal but the wife would like the convenience of gas...)
- Fancy Sony headphones which are supposed to be very good
- A programmable coffee maker (I could have coffee at the exact time I'm out the door every morning... but what's going to heat up the milk I have with my coffee??...)
- Beats by Dr. Dre :facepalm:

Other things that don't really interest me are sunglasses, wallets, kitchen utensils/cookware, watches, etc...

I don't know what to get. None of it is stuff I would spend money on, but for free... what to get, what to get :)

I might get the espresso maker, though I quite like the Italian Espresso tabletop cheap thingies.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Hello, fren. Might I recommend the Sony headphones? I had some Sonys some time ago and thought they were pretty good.

BUT if you're the handy-man type, what kind of miter/table saws are we talking about here? Do you know the make/models? Personally, if I didn't already have one or the other, I'd opt for the miter saw. Downside: A miter saw can't rip (i.e. make more narrow), but that seems to be less of a need then just chopping things shorter. I would be reluctant to get an inexpensive table saw, that's something I would rather pay more for and have a good/strong/safe one.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 pm

The Sonys seem really good, but I have the AKG Q701 which more than one article has already pointed out as being the only headphone anyone would need.

The saws are these two:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK7136- ... +miter+saw (Apparently it's been on special at Lowe's recently for less than 100 bucks though...)

https://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK7240- ... +table+saw

What dost thou say? The mite saw would be more versatile one to do mostly any jobs, amirite?

I wasn't a handyman type but I've started to become one because the honey-do list keeps growing, and it's basically eaten up my music time, among other things :facepalm:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:33 am

Rockwell makes good stuff supposedly?

Table & miter saws are great if you have lots of cutting to do. But I find it a pita to drag them out and clean up after them for a small job. It's just easier to hand saw one or two cuts in the backyard and let the wind take care of the dust.

Both my table and miter saws are of the cheap variety. My table saw will fall over if I don't clamp it to a sawhorse lol. But if I need something to be exactly such and so thick, it does the job. Most table saws (even my cheapster) can be adjusted to make angle cuts.

If I ever purchase another miter saw I'll get a 12" incher, because the 10" won't cut all the way through a 4 X 4 in one pass.

Speakering of headphones, I want some bluetooth buds. Reccomendos amigos?
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:49 am

Beats.

:facepalm:
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Of the two, I'd still go with the chop saw, although if it were a sliding saw or a 12", that would be even better. A 10" miter saw is a tad smol, but hey: it's free, right? :grin:

Bluetooth cans: I dunno, man. I don't have any and haven't looked. There seems to be a bunch more of them nowadays, though.

Re: Beats. :facepalm: confirmed
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.