has a runny bottom

Re: hai guyz!

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Clint enjoying a bit of countryside:

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:52 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Well I'm on leave now so don't have to be in work again until Monday... gonna try and get some shit done and might actually get time to look at that organ. :thu:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm

oh yeah, true as hell..about the florida rain pic.

look at the organ.. PC :lol: :facepalm: we're a messed up lot.

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:08 pm

MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Purity_Control wrote:Clint enjoying a bit of countryside:

Well Clint is actually a conservative. :cop:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 pm

But not a Tory. :tounge:
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm

You British are funny :lol:

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby christianrock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:40 pm

christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:45 am

Actual find by me in the Chinese supermarket... pickled cabbage flavour versus artificial pickled cabbage flavour! :freak: :facepalm:

Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 pm

isn't technology wonderful PC? :lol:

CR, that's what I loved about black adder and most BBC shows.. the story was all in the dialogue and you had to keep up.

That's what I can't stand about most US shows.. simple dialog, setup, pause. punch line, canned laughter.. zzZzzz
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Well the OP-1 one is now with my repair guy who is gonna swap out the board with the broken connectors on and put it all back together without buggering it up, he was ok with it I think as he doesn't have to do any digital electronics which he doesn't do... well he has been putting shit back together since I think not long after I was born so expect that will be fine.

Also suffered ritual humiliation as I took in my Quad 22 preamp which is on the fritz and not sending power to one of the power amps, know it's the pre as I can swap the cables around and the side with no power moves.

Well I have had this like a quarter century almost and never ever realised that when you use the mono switch on the front it cuts power to one side. :facepalm: When the f*ck do I ever use mono? :facepalm:

Or maybe I switched it to that after one side went... will set up again and see.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 pm

MetroSonus wrote:isn't technology wonderful PC? :lol:

CR, that's what I loved about black adder and most BBC shows.. the story was all in the dialogue and you had to keep up.

That's what I can't stand about most US shows.. simple dialog, setup, pause. punch line, canned laughter.. zzZzzz

I have to agree... sometimes the american formula worked well, like in Seinfeld... but you can say that it was largely based on dialogue as well. So that's maybe why...

I remember in the 90s when people were fans of "Friends" and shows like that... and I thought they're the most boring thing in the world.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Seinfeld did follow the britcom pattern.. lots of complex dialogue where two or more independent situations would build to a joke at the end of the show.. I tended to like those more, they had some nutty, experimental ones like the parking garage which I didn't care for, but most of them were unique and very complex.

Most other shows like friends (I'm with ya.. gag gag gag) followed cut and sew plot lines with the jokes stitched in. I think the one rare exception to that was king of queens. It had some good character motivated stories and gags that either lasted an entire episode or were inventive and whacky.

I think by far one of the worst sitcoms was everyone loves Raymond. The show devolved into just plain misery.
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:55 pm

I used to love Dear John... the US version of it was just odd as it had more or less the same characters and storyline but everything was ramped up.

Like the episode where one of the plotlines involves a condom and the other trying to get his kid into Catholic school... you can guess where that is going, ends with the condom falling out of his wallet at the wrong time.

US version did the same plot but even more contrived so instead of a condom it was like this strip of a couple of dozen of them that falls out... not needed.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:13 pm

either I knew that and forgot.. or I didn't know it.. I can't remember which and I know I'm old! :lol:

I liked dear john, but that was a late 80's early 90's right? yeah that's typical american.. funny? 10 X more funny!
MetroSonus

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm

I never got the Drew Carey show. Were the funny parts cloaked in hip code?
Plink Floyd

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.