Y U Synthing

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Y U Synthing

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:10 pm

I've been having a go at this, usually what I do is find a midi file online of something that I fancy, then use an app to turn it into a score.

The syncopation is the trick bit, also I'm being careful not to knacker my left hand with all the octaves in the bassline. To say that I started playing again at Christmas last year, my hands are still loosening up.

"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Re: Y U Synthing

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Ooo! nice find, PC! I'm gonna have to try that. I still break out my original Tron soundtrack once and a while.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Purity_Control » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Since Clav was talking on teh tape jam thread about playing your own arps, and it happens to coincide with my tracking down a piece of music from Westworld I was after, I thought I'd drop this here.

Gorgeous arpy left hand part for most of the track after the intro... there's a link in the video description to a pdf of the sheet music:

Took me a while to find as the version f it I picked up on in the show is played on synth and is an alternate version that didn't make the soundtrack release...
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Gorgeous arps indeed. I'm sure with practice I could do that, but I'm nowhere close at the moment... though I did do some playing during the break :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 pm

I have been playing piano a lot lately, but not the easily recordable kind. :grin:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:30 am

harumph. use your phone.
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 am

what? You WANT your ears to bleed? :lol:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ClavAnother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:05 am

hurt me
ClavAnother

Postby Purity_Control » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:56 am

christianrock wrote:Gorgeous arps indeed. I'm sure with practice I could do that, but I'm nowhere close at the moment... though I did do some playing during the break :)

I've got a start on it and it's mainly just 6 repeating bars for left hand if you ignore the 'impossible' notes in that staff that are held across the arp, will work out what to do with those later. Going slow though while my hand loosens up.
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Return to The Hang Out.