New Year Resolutions

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: New Year Resolutions

Postby ElectricPuppy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:22 am

And there's PC in the UK, sorry I forgot PC! :wave: But yeah, that's crossing The Pond, so I dunno, does that count? lulz.

And Bonzo in the Upside-Down.

Yeah.

OK, so I guess we're spread out a bit. :lol:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:05 am

ElectricPuppy wrote:OK, so I guess we're spread out a bit. :lol:

Hey! I'm just big boned, OK?
Plink Floyd

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:15 pm

big bonered
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:06 pm

Like, huge, OK? I mean, have you noticed my hands?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 pm

MetroSonus wrote:
christianrock wrote:All we're missing to be completely spread out, is someone up in Maine to join :lol:

Yea no kidding :lol: we don't know anyone in hawaii or alaska though. Greg's trips to Canada may suffice for that one though

OI! I'm pretty far away, no?
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:19 pm

christianrock wrote:Well I'm counting on the worst case scenario, which is that the screen assembly from Alesis costs about 250 dollars and it will cost another 100 in labor.

We're saving to buy a house so all hobby money is suspended for the next few years or something... so if I want to fix something I have to sell something else... and I agreed to this, we need a house with an actual backyard and in a subdivision that has at least a swimming pool, since we have 3 well behaved but full-of-energy boys... but it means no money for music stuffs or camera stuffs...

Edit: found it for 210... maybe the prices are coming down... http://www.instrumentalparts.com/alesis ... and-8.html

I have a house with a back yard and a pool. Want to live here for a couple of years? The wife has been offered a job in Norway and there's an 80% chance we're taking it. Scares me stupid, as I speak crap Norwegian and the kids not at all, so finding a job will be difficult.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby midinut » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:38 am

I used to live in Hawaii. Does that count? :wave:
midinut

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:08 am

midinut wrote:I used to live in Hawaii. Does that count? :wave:

Hm, not sure... If you left voluntarily, your non compost mentos may not be boner fido.

btw Midinaut, I've been invited to accompany some friends to visit the Biltmore Estate of Asheville. Ever been?
Plink Floyd

Postby christianrock » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:22 pm

BonsoWonderDog wrote:
christianrock wrote:Well I'm counting on the worst case scenario, which is that the screen assembly from Alesis costs about 250 dollars and it will cost another 100 in labor.

We're saving to buy a house so all hobby money is suspended for the next few years or something... so if I want to fix something I have to sell something else... and I agreed to this, we need a house with an actual backyard and in a subdivision that has at least a swimming pool, since we have 3 well behaved but full-of-energy boys... but it means no money for music stuffs or camera stuffs...

Edit: found it for 210... maybe the prices are coming down... http://www.instrumentalparts.com/alesis ... and-8.html

I have a house with a back yard and a pool. Want to live here for a couple of years? The wife has been offered a job in Norway and there's an 80% chance we're taking it. Scares me stupid, as I speak crap Norwegian and the kids not at all, so finding a job will be difficult.

I hear Norway is a great place to live.

I'd LOVE a house with a backyard and a pool. Sure, I'd look after it, if I could get a job down under :) Sydney, right?
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:53 pm

A pool's only fun if you can get someone else to maintain it for you. Like, seriously.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:53 pm

christianrock wrote:
BonsoWonderDog wrote:

I hear Norway is a great place to live.

I'd LOVE a house with a backyard and a pool. Sure, I'd look after it, if I could get a job down under :) Sydney, right?

Brisbane
BonsoWonderDog

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:54 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:A pool's only fun if you can get someone else to maintain it for you. Like, seriously.

True. I have a guy that comes and cleans it, flushes the filter etc on an as-needed basis. I used to do it all myself but it just got too frustrating.

The kids love it though, so it's worth it.

Cats probably love it too, but I don't have any to prove that theory.

The north side is load bearing, which is good.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 pm

BonsoWonderDog wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote:A pool's only fun if you can get someone else to maintain it for you. Like, seriously.

True. I have a guy that comes and cleans it, flushes the filter etc on an as-needed basis. I used to do it all myself but it just got too frustrating.

The kids love it though, so it's worth it.

Cats probably love it too, but I don't have any to prove that theory.

The north side is load bearing, which is good.

you have learned to forum well, young one.

Once kids get cars, the pool becomes irrelephant. Or it used to. are kids into cars and dating still? :idk: Who knows with these pokemons and super NINtendeux.

Norway has to be interesting though. I think if it were possible, my wife would move there..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:11 pm

My company has an office in Sydney. I don't think they have anything in Brisbane.

I would love to live in Australia for a while. That would totally rock.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:20 pm

christianrock wrote:That would totally rock.

ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:22 am

Yes, it seems like II have two good choices:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/16/trave ... e-country/

Human Development Index top 20

1. Norway

2. Australia

3. Switzerland

4. Denmark

5. Netherlands

6. Germany

6. Ireland

8. United States

9. Canada

9. New Zealand

11. Singapore

12. Hong Kong, China (SAR)

13. Liechtenstein

14. Sweden

14. United Kingdom

16. Iceland

17. South Korea

18. Israel

19. Luxembourg

20. Japan
BonsoWonderDog

Postby midinut » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:52 am

Plink Floyd wrote:
midinut wrote:I used to live in Hawaii. Does that count? :wave:

Hm, not sure... If you left voluntarily, your non compost mentos may not be boner fido.

btw Midinaut, I've been invited to accompany some friends to visit the Biltmore Estate of Asheville. Ever been?

Was stationed there from 80-84. I was in my early twenties. As far as leaving, I left on my own. I wanted to use my GI bill and go to school and out-of-state tuition was redonculous. I also found the local people tolerate you being there if you're in the service, but don't have much use for you once you're out. Couldn't find enough work to support myself, so I bailed. I did love it there though.

Regarding the Biltmore House (and Gardens, Winery, etc.), tis a lovely place to visit and its history is way cool. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I haven't been there in years. While you're in Asheville, if you have a chance you should check out the Moog factory. I understand they have a museum now and who could resist a chance to twiddle a few knobs on a big ole modular? I need to get over there myself. Asheville also has a very hipster vibe and killer music scene if you also have the time.

Myself, I'm heading over those mountains into Tennessee this weekend for some Jeeping adventuring for the wife's birthday.
midinut

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:18 am

midinut wrote:I found the local people tolerate you being there if you're in the service, but don't have much use for you once you're out.

Yeah, I've heard that about Hawaii. They don't 'encourage' long term sojourners without lots of 'visible means of support'.[/quote]

midinut wrote: Biltmore House (and Gardens, Winery, etc.)

Well, now I don't think we're making that junket, as Planning The Daughter's Coming Summer Nuptials have begun to CONSUME EVERY WAKING AND SOMNOLENT HOUR OF SAID DAUGHTER AND ALSO TEH WYFE.

sheesh.

Who will take money to just kill me now? I think I could pay quit a bit & still come out ahead.
Plink Floyd

Postby Plink Floyd » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:19 am

And yeah, I was totally going to the Moog Factory.

:cry:
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
midinut wrote:I found the local people tolerate you being there if you're in the service, but don't have much use for you once you're out.

Yeah, I've heard that about Hawaii. They don't 'encourage' long term sojourners without lots of 'visible means of support'.

midinut wrote: Biltmore House (and Gardens, Winery, etc.)
Well, now I don't think we're making that junket, as Planning The Daughter's Coming Summer Nuptials have begun to CONSUME EVERY WAKING AND SOMNOLENT HOUR OF SAID DAUGHTER AND ALSO TEH WYFE.

sheesh.

Who will take money to just kill me now? I think I could pay quit a bit & still come out ahead.

And that's why I have two sons and no daughters.
BonsoWonderDog

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.