ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Re: New Year Resolutions

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:18 pm

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:08 pm

I have 3 boys. But knowing my wife, she'll still lose sleep over their weddings once they get married...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 pm

My wedding was the easiest ever. We were living in Singapore, but the wedding was in Australia so my mum just organised everything basically. Back then my parents had money (they lost it all subsequently) so they just paid for the whole thing, including our honeymoon in Italy. We just flew to Australia a few days before, got married, and flew out again. Done.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby christianrock » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:49 pm

Me and my wife had to pay for the whole thing. We found the perfect place by the Chattahoochee river, the perfect decoration.

Then it rained - it went from sunny to a thunderstorm right as she was about to come in. We had a back up plan in the club house, of course, but she cried about it for years... so we did a vows renewal last January, back in Brazil, and it was an absolutely gorgeous day in an absolutely gorgeous place. But at least now she's not sad about our wedding anymore...

But of course if I want to buy some new music gear or new camera body or lens, or fix my synth... ahhh I better not get into this :lol:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:15 pm

rite?? :mad:

(honestly, I have no grounds to complain, I know I've got it pretty good.)
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:25 pm

It was a thunderstorm right during our wedding also. Not sure if that means God was happy or cranky, but I'll choose to believe the former :-)

We wrote our own vows, and then promptly lost where we'd written them down, so I have no idea what they were now.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby christianrock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:24 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote:rite?? :mad:

(honestly, I have no grounds to complain, I know I've got it pretty good.)

I can't really complain either, to be honest. I have a wonderful, beautiful wife that is the nicest woman in the world (as long as she's not mad at me :lol:) and 3 wonderful kids. To me that's worth more than any gears. To put it in perspective :)

Bonso: your wife didn't get mad at the wedding day rain? Or maybe it was expected in Australia at the time of the year? :)
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:53 pm

Nah, she didn't care. It takes a lot more than that to upset her.
BonsoWonderDog

Postby midinut » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:48 am

We got married in the courthouse in front of the magistrate (Justice of the Peace). I figured after 3 prior divorces I didn't wanna spend money on a ceremony. And this being her second marriage, she was totally cool with it. She is such a good sport (and a keeper ... I love it when she says "go buy yourself something pretty"). Her birthday was this past weekend and we went Jeepin' in the mountains. Had a ball. Broke the spider gears. Rented a car to come back home. Not one regret! Got the chance to try out our new Gimbal Video Camera in the woods. Wow!
midinut

Postby christianrock » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Fourth time's a charm, I guess :lol:

I'm glad things are working well for you, Brad! It does sound like she's a keeper!

My wife's a keeper too, of course. Even if I can't just go out and buy pretty things.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:23 pm

I'm told that my acquisition of additional pretty things has to wait until after school. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:50 pm

We're going to do a party for our 20th, in 5 years. We're not going to do the whole renewal thing, but want to make it the wedding we should have had.

At our first one, my parents threw a shit fit. My wife, being of po' white southern gentry, couldn't afford it as is the custom. My parents on the other hand, being rich, former new england upper crust, decided this wasn't acceptable. I'm glad it didn't come down to glove slaps and deuling pistols, but they pretty much gave us a drive through wedding.

Being from a rich family isn't what it's cracked up to be. I frequently tell people there's a reason why 20/20 and date line have been on the air so long. :freak: Anyway, we'd have been better off if we had paid for it ourselves, which is what we should have done. But being young and nervous and the looming changes that were taking place in our lives.. etc.

All my wife does is buy me things or let me buy things and I think she's too nice about it. She just loves being the mom and a supportive wife, but I've been trying for the last 10 years to encourage her to enjoy her own hobbies and such. She's slowly getting better.. I'm the one that doesn't feel worthy 99% of the time.
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.