Knob Con III 2014

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Knob Con III 2014

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 am

That's in one day.. I think that's pretty significant for our niche :idk:

It just get irked at the shallow, pretentious name droping people that want to take credit for reinventing the wheel that come out of the wood work every now and then.

The buzz around them is undeserved and I just don't think its fair that the day to day folks don't get a cut of it nearly as often. Especially when they're friends.

Lord knows I know what it feels like to be stared at on stage after the crowd just got done going wild for a schmuck with a skipping CD player and a set made out of acid loops :/

But whaada you gonna do :lol:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:25 am

Buy Yea, everything is inflammatory click bait. I'm about an inch from quitting face book. I can't handle any more up words, amazing 10 things that you never knew that would amaze you how emotionaly biased everything is.
MetroSonus

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:19 am

I guess you could say I keyboarded on teh saturdayz

Such a joy.

ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:20 am

By the way, that Mini is a '74 just like teh me :)
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:28 am

MetroSonus wrote:That's in one day.. I think that's pretty significant for our niche :idk:

It just get irked at the shallow, pretentious name droping people that want to take credit for reinventing the wheel that come out of the wood work every now and then.

The buzz around them is undeserved and I just don't think its fair that the day to day folks don't get a cut of it nearly as often. Especially when they're friends.

Lord knows I know what it feels like to be stared at on stage after the crowd just got done going wild for a schmuck with a skipping CD player and a set made out of acid loops :/

But whaada you gonna do :lol:

MetroSonus wrote:Buy Yea, everything is inflammatory click bait. I'm about an inch from quitting face book. I can't handle any more up words, amazing 10 things that you never knew that would amaze you how emotionaly biased everything is.

TLDR, but maybe know what yer after...???

Like, "Me Too", except for the whole TLDR... :idk:

I glanced at some of this postage, but it's seems off topic and my brain denies it'all.

Suddenly, I wonder why all the threads here aren't just one big'un. Like we've all been at a party for four years having the same conversation that revolves in and out of space and time, and I'm now reminded of that floating everlasting party from one of those wonderful Douglas Adams books and the world is making a 'Full Circle' type os sense, or I'm getting drunkish and it's just a Normal Day...

Ah...

I :love: you guyz!
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:28 am

...burp
ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:32 am

Also, this happened a bit before the other.

...so good.
ClavAnother

Postby soundwave106 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 pm

ClavAnother wrote:Suddenly, I wonder why all the threads here aren't just one big'un. Like we've all been at a party for four years having the same conversation that revolves in and out of space and time, and I'm now reminded of that floating everlasting party from one of those wonderful Douglas Adams books and the world is making a 'Full Circle' type os sense, or I'm getting drunkish and it's just a Normal Day...

Aphex Twin is about to drop an album soon. Cue the following!
(*) Posts obsessed with what gear he is using, because clearly you can be Aphex Twin too with The Right Gear!
(*) Posts of fakes of the new album on social media!
(*) People excited about slightly non-standard chord changes in electronic music!

Feels like I never left 1999. :lol:

Youtube ought to have a video category for the most gratuitous usage of the word "fuck". (Or "Belgium" for the American edition of the site.)
BC | SC
soundwave106

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Like we've all been at a party for four years having the same conversation that revolves in and out of space and time

like the cheers at the end of the universe? :lol:

I do need to work on curbing my belly aching and I have been trying. That may be a story for the treehouse though :lol: Suit once described my life as being like a real live version of arrested development. eh yea :freak: :lol:

Feels like I never left 1999.

I remember once back then, i had one of those chain wallets. I think I had it for a good 7-8 years and this older dude once said to me "those are back in again? my son has one he keeps wearing around."

I figured he meant that they might have come in and out of style in twice in the last decade. Maybe you know, first with the alternative crowd and then later again with the hot topic metal core crowd. then later I realized he meant like way back in the 70's or something as he was old enough to be young enough to wear one then.

That was a blow to the full frontal lobotomy and it threw me for a loop. :lol:
MetroSonus

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:44 pm

ClavAnother wrote:Also, this happened a bit before the other.

...so good.

I approve of this... is that music from one of the Star Wars movies worked in there? :cool:
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby christianrock » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:09 pm

I srsly approve of all this knobcon keyboardery.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:32 am

Facebook fascinates me. So many things annoy me about it. The UI, the order of the posts, and so many of my "friends" annoy the crap outta me with their passive aggressive posts, "fishing for response" posts, political, religious, blah blah blah....

And yet I don't block them, and I'm on FB at least once/day.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:46 pm

90% of the people I know don't post. I've blocked the other 9% of people that do nothing but post "click bait" as Soundwave put it and the other 1% is feeds from synth sites that I could get on RSS anyway :idk: I'm only on there to keep up with a few people and to get invites to airsoft events.

I'm really burned out on this "my issue needs to your issue, NOW" enabling that's going on social media right now. Given all that we have in our respective cultures, nobody can find anything better to do that get online and be miserable?

C'mon, I wanna see food pics, cats, your cute kids, skateboard tricks, anything!!! where did it all go?

I'm entirely too sensitive to peoples negative output and I need to get away from it. it's an ongoing issue with me. :/ But I'm working on it, I swear!

MetroSonus

Postby christianrock » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:57 pm

MetroSonus wrote:C'mon, I wanna see food pics, cats, your cute kids, skateboard tricks, anything!!! where did it all go?

Where it belongs: HAI GUYZ!!!!!111!!1!ONEONEONE!!
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:35 pm

MetroSonus

Postby donaldcrunk » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:24 am

the Knobcon was a damn good time this year. Deutsch seemed bemused by it all. deep dish pizza. the biggest room full of wires ever.

i got to spec out a module from a west coast modular manufacturer, its still being worked on but i'm quite excited about it.

at the end i was totally cranky and wanted to go home, though.
donaldcrunk

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Aww, Donaldcranky.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.