NPD - New Pedals Day

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

NPD - New Pedals Day

Postby christianrock » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Joyo Ultimate Drive
Joyo copies stuff like Behringer, and sells stuff even cheaper, but has a much higher quality to their products - everything in this pedal feels better than most of my other pedals. This overdrive is based on the OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Drive) that was the rage just a couple years ago, but they actually tweaked it enough that I don't feel guilty about buying it. It's got at least twice as much gain on tap, and it's also got a different tone signature - way bassier, and doesn't have the glassy top end that the OCD has. I'm very happy, it displaced the MXR Custom Badass Modified Overdrive from my pedalboard. The tone is so thick, it works really really well as my "add-on" overdrive for leads and when I need to do one-note riffs.
Nothing can displace my Ibanez Tube King TK999HT Distortion with the OEM tube in it, as my main overdrive pedal, though. But this adds well to it. 28 dollars well spent!

Joyo American Sound
Ok this one is a copy of the Tech21 Blonde pedal, they say it's pretty much a direct copy with no changes. I should feel bad. But it's being sold legally and it's 31 bucks - THIRTY ONE BUCKS - on Amazon. The original is almost a couple hundred dollars. I didn't have a couple hundred dollars and I needed this pedal.
Here's why I needed it. When you use it in your board (I use it before my delay and reverb pedals, and after the overdrives) you can go directly to a mixer and/or PA system. And it sounds the shit. I mean, really. I wasn't happy at all with that ME-70 Boss processor - it didn't sound alright even though it's a digital modeling amp/COSM, it still sounded like fart on the PA system, when the overdrive and the distortion came on (edit: yes, I was using the modeled amp output, before anyone asks...). And they won't let us use amps at our church - and I was asked to play electric again due to not having an electric player this coming Sunday..
Now this pedal - it sounds better than miking a cabinet. I really mean it. This is the shit. Seriously. Everyone should have one. And if you can afford it, get the Tech21 version...

I know a few of us dabble in guitar things
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Re: NPD - New Pedals Day

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:17 pm

:O

Jelly.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Don't be jelly. Both pedals cost about 60 dollars total. :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:35 pm

christianrock wrote:Don't be jelly. Both pedals cost about 60 dollars total. :thu:

But still. You have pedals, and I have like, 2 (and one's a chromatic tuner). lol
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Veracohr » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:07 pm

christianrock wrote:Nothing can displace my Ibanez Tube King TK999HT Distortion with the OEM tube in it, as my main overdrive pedal, though. But this adds well to it. 28 dollars well spent!

On keyboard or guitar? I've got the older Tube King, and I love it for guitar but never liked it on any synth sounds I tried.
Veracohr

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:16 pm

He's a guitar guy AND a synth guy. IMAGINE!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Yeah I'm using it with guitar.

I don't have any monos or analogs so I haven't used distortion with synths. Though the DW8000 would probably dirty up nice with it.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby donaldcrunk » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:55 pm

good look on that Joyo American, i used to have a sans amp Tri-AC that i loved for both bass and guitar, usually used the fender setting. been wanting to try that one out.

i recently picked up the Joyo flanger as well as the Biyang fuzz star, i've been very impressed with both. Biyang has some cool and very inexpensive pedals as well.
donaldcrunk

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:39 pm

I am going to need to buy pedals.

For my new bike.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby christianrock » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm

The Joyo American and Ultimate Drive are both gig approved :thu:

And the Boss ME-70 has been sold, probably to fund a new lens. :eh:
christianrock