skool

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: skool

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Pupper, methinks this thread is about Twilight Zone. Try to stay on topic please.
ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Yeah. This thread is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call Teh Skool Thred.
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

So like, is this what you mean by online classes?

Expert village, where everyone is the village idiot.
ClavAnother

Postby midinut » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 am

Quick update:

Sorry I haven't been around much lately ... sum of you noze how skoolworx is ...

I'm two weeks into fall semester now. Summer semester sucketed. I only took two classes, Statistics and Spanish I. Got a C in Statistics (believeth it or not - what with my aversion to deh matamatica), but ended up with a D in Spanish I. That is passing, but I needed at least a C to go on to Spanish II. Summer semester was only 8 weeks long so it was a ton of shit crammed into a short time. So guess what I'm taking this semester? American Sign Language (fun fun fun), College Algebra (more fun fun fun), Interpersonal Communications (online at that), and ... wait for it ... History of Rock Music. I do think I could spew that curriculum up in my sleep. So far - so good. Nothing killing me yet. In the College Algebra class as soon as I got my book I started on the review chapter at the beginning of the book. She's already up to chapter 2 and I'm still reviewing. Got tutorage happening too so hopefully I won't get too far behind.
Anywayz, I think about catches everybody up for now. If you don't hear from me again until Christmas break, you know why .... I think I'm about 10 pages behind on the Hai Guyz thread too!

as you were ...
midinut

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:52 am

midinut wrote:wait for it ... History of Rock Music. I do think I could spew that curriculum up in my sleep.

I dunno man... I hear that prof is really tough...

Plink Floyd

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Hey Midinut! I totally, totally feel for you on the summer classes. Seriously compressed material.

I *just* finished "college algebra & trigonometry", so maybe I can help you if you have questions. I guarantee nothing, though. :grin:

This month for me is "biology 100A lab". Yes, a lab, online. I have to go find supplies, including hydrogen peroxide, potatoes, string, balloons, an earthworm, and a snail. I wonder what MacGuyver would make with that...?
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby gregwar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:52 am

online lab ? I ditched a lot of lectures as the info is mostly posted online (tho not all of it)

labs were ridiculous tho. they counted for like 10 or 20% of the grade but if you failed them you failed the course :facepalm:

attendance in labs was mandatory and you had to write epic lab reports at least once a semester. biology sucked lol

@midiwar
ya Spanish wasn't as tough since I speak some French. the languages are similar enuf that I could get thru it. also: Rosetta stone ftw

if u have trouble with maths I recommend khan academy. I've been using it on and off for 2-3 years now. I always take the pre-this or pre-that courses for algebra, calc, etc then go onto the harder material

I need to upgrade my maths to go to petroleum engineering school so I've been studying at work a bit when I get a chance. I took pre-calc in high school but only got 60% and admittance is really competitive

I might also consider just going the 4 year bach of science & engineering route and get a proper degree. petroleum engineering is only a 2 year certificate program but I wouldn't be able to use my existing uni credits from when I dropped out lol
gregwar

Postby ElectricPuppy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:34 am

+1 Kahn Academy. I got some extra insight on some of the trig identities there, very helpful.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Not hai guyz but ind of related, made me chuckle so here you go..
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby christianrock » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:50 pm

oh that's hai guyz all the wah :thu:

except we're not in hai guyz, that is
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:59 pm

MAH BEAUTIFUL THREAD!! RUINED!! nice going, there, Setromoanus. :mad: MAD

angry baby

...asscravat. :mad:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:25 pm

DUDES.

I am out of school! (Until February, anyway.) I don't know what to do with myself! Oh wait, no, I do: My wife's got a list that's like 20 things longs, the top of which is to build a breakfast nook table. Guess I better get the workshop in order.

but: I'M ON A BREAK! I'M ON A BREAK! i'M ON A BREEEAAAAAAAAAAA! WOOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOO!!
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Why, did they kick you out? How can you have all this free time starting at the end of September? Asscravats.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby MetroSonus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:48 pm

I have my own ideas why he was kicked out...

MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Congrats on your free time, no matter how attained.

Also, asscravats. I think I find it, but I don't like it. No sir, not one bit.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:26 pm

No, I'm not kicked out. :mad: This is just how my schedule worked out. OH YOU GUIZE :mad:
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:34 am

Yeah, well I was supposed to go up the coast to spend the weekend with my family, but spent the whole weekend looking for my car keys instead.

I literally don't find it.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 am

Check the pocketses of all the pants in the hamper. It's always in the pants in the hamper.

Or, it was aliens.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:31 pm

BonsoWonderDog wrote:Yeah, well I was supposed to go up the coast to spend the weekend with my family, but spent the whole weekend looking for my car keys instead.

I literally don't find it.

We have a spare in a safe box for both our cars, for that reason...
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby Plink Floyd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:02 am

christianrock wrote:We have a spare in a safe box for both our cars, for that reason...
i'VE DONE THAT FOR YEARS. TEH WIFE LOOSES TEH KEYS EVEN MOAR THAN I DO. I EVEN HAVE A HIDDEN KEY ON MY COMPANY CAR LOLOLO.

AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING. Y CONFINE CAPS TO TEH CAPSLOCK THRED. THEY R SO COOL, THEY MUST BE OK FOR ANYTIEM YAH!! I'M NOT YELLIN I'M JUST BEIN COOL K?? AN U CAN HEAR ME BETTER NAO 2 RITE?
Plink Floyd

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.