Read Books™

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Read Books™

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:29 pm

ClavAnother wrote:I still book daily, but then again I synth too so I'm just weird altogether.

You're seriously in need of some adulting to do, Young Man.
Plink Floyd

Postby gregwar » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:58 am

i just bought a textbook last week for a class. its my first book in :confuse: lol (except for a cook book in 2015)

i move often, sometimes thousands of miles away. in 2012 i decided to not have physical books anymore (or any paper bills, etc). i got a printer this xmas and bought paper for it and that was kinda surreal after the last 3-4 years of being totally electronic

i read way more than the average person but its all online, mostly articles and blogs. i've been moving away from user generated content (reddit, forums, comments, Facebook, twitter, etc) for a few years and focusing on "smart" well written and researched stuff.

i was talking to a friend about it and he was teasing, saying like 'duh' but there was a time when user generated stuff was smart and exciting (and still is in some places). i've been getting into user generated links the last little bit, like pocket hits. here's a couple aggregators:

http://belong.io

http://latest.is
gregwar

Postby selfinflikted » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:50 pm

I book *nearly* daily. Benjamin got me Clive Barker's latest (Scarlet Gospels), so I've been reading that since Christmas. He's probably my favorite living author.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby christianrock » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:22 pm

ClavAnother wrote:I still book daily, but then again I synth too so I'm just weird altogether.

The unmarried life :lol:

I do read some daily, but usually not more than a half hour or so. And I'm always reading multiple things... it's not uncommon for me to not finish books, either (I usually read non-fiction). I think I also must have some adulting to do.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:48 am

I ready every day, but usually (unless I'm on leave) it's just last thing at night before I go to sleep. I find it relaxing and a nice habit which enables sleep.

I almost exclusively read fiction.

My last few were:

Make me, by Lee Chile
Bad Monkey, by Carl Hiassen
The Happiness Trap by someone
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:01 am

In the course of wading alphabetically through Gutenberg.org, I have rediscovered the fact that Jack London was a BADASS. If you haven't explored him further than the elementary school readings of Call of the Wild, White Fang and The Sea Wolf, then let me tell you that there is much more.

Among many others, I thoroughly enjoyed The Mutiny of the Elsinore, South Sea Tales, and A Son of the Sun.

The Little Lady of the Big House shows that he could occasionally wax tender while still telling a man's story.
Plink Floyd

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:26 am

I just read The Stand by Stephen King. Not fabulous, but not too bad. 6.5/10
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Previous

Return to The Hang Out.