Facial Hair

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Re: Facial Hair

Postby Veracohr » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:31 am

Beards and fancy mustaches are a big thing in the hipster community here in Portland (ie. half the population). I find it pretty lame.

The pics above I didn't find to be very "unkempt" as far as beards go. Mine is often truly unkempt, because I'm too lazy to shave. No shaping here like the guys above, just ugliness until it gets too itchy.
Veracohr

Postby christianrock » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Ahahah yeah, I'm with veracohr. Sometimes I"ll have a 3 or 4 day stubble just because I'm too lazy. It's always worse when I work from home (like today) :)
But my beard grows slowly and I still get away with shaving every other day, anyway.
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby selfinflikted » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:06 pm

christianrock wrote:But my beard grows slowly and I still get away with shaving every other day, anyway.

Me too, thankfully. It allows people like us to be *extra* lazy about shaving ;)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm an every second day too. I tell people that I have sensitive skin, but the truth is I just can't be bothered to shave more often.
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:04 am

I gotta shave everyday, or it's obvious the next day. And if I let it go for more than 3 days, then it takes forever to get it done.

TMI, because you're worth it.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:07 am

The longest beard ever recorded was on this old fart in Norway. 17 feet long. Reportedly, he died by accidentally stepping on his beard, snapping his neck.
Last edited by selfinflikted on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:13 am

Speaking from personal experience, lazy = beard. That's the main reason I had a beard for >twenty years. I kept it fairly short because teh chix didn't like a stache that smelled like stale beer.

Now that I'm clean shaven and respectable, I only have to scrape it every other day.

I use two razors, in the shower. Razor # 1 is one of those multi-bladed monstrosities where the blade costs more than a Starbux. It quickly deforests the majority of the stubble, but it's unwieldy, won't reach under the nose, and won't finish off as smoothly as Razor # 2, which is the old fashioned cheap two blade swively type. I don't know if it's the combo or my technique, but I get two or three months out of one set of blades.

WTMI, because Puppy started it.

Poll: scrape or bzzzz?
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:43 am

ClavAnother

Postby ClavAnother » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:47 am

I'll be at home at this table when I'm sixty-four.

ClavAnother

Postby Plink Floyd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:00 am

selfinflikted wrote:ImageEta: I tried to do a pic using my iPad's Google Drive app but apparently I don't know how to use it. This is what happens when I try to be accommodating.
I tried to look at that pic: it sayed "u need permission 2 see pic". I'm thinking gDrive isn't the best gizmo to host pics for forum linking. For that, I'd recommend Photobucket. I have almost 2000 pics in a free account which is only 11% full.
Plink Floyd

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Plink Floyd wrote:
selfinflikted wrote:ImageEta: I tried to do a pic using my iPad's Google Drive app but apparently I don't know how to use it. This is what happens when I try to be accommodating.
I tried to look at that pic: it sayed "u need permission 2 see pic". I'm thinking gDrive isn't the best gizmo to host pics for forum linking. For that, I'd recommend Photobucket. I have almost 2000 pics in a free account which is only 11% full.

I will keep that in mind. I went back and just linked the pic from a google search. EP told me to use teh Google Drive and it was BAD ADVICE. :cop:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby ElectricPuppy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

selfinflikted wrote:BAD ADVICE. :cop:

:cry: i failed you.

Poll response: Buzz. Scrape makes me bleed and then not scrape for too long and then it's a vicious cycle.

Also: Clav just needs to ad a fisherman's cap and a one of those bendy pipes. I think maybe an eyepatch would round off the ensemble, too.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Poll Response: Bzzz'ing literally just doesn't cut it (close enough), so traditional 9000-bladed razor works for me. And it's the kind that takes AAA batteries so it can vibrate and make my face happy.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm

ElectricPuppy wrote::cry: i failed you.

I forgive you. :cry:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby BonsoWonderDog » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:54 pm

scrape. triple blade disposable.

in the shower, one direction only except under the chin/neck where I have to go the other direction also for some reason.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWTMI

Let's not talk about the nether regions mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay?
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
BonsoWonderDog

Postby Plink Floyd » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:21 am

selfinflikted wrote:
ElectricPuppy wrote::cry: i failed you.

I forgive you. :cry:

Him meant google drive for chunes. Gdrive not good for pics.

And goodness gracious me, I couldn't forgive anyone for speaking of male nether regional shavery.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay?
Plink Floyd

Postby ClavAnother » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:05 pm

ClavAnother

Postby Purity_Control » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:25 am

Weird. A guy I know in Florida posted that pic on my Facebook in the last day.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby MetroSonus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:45 pm

I didn't do it :idk:
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby Plink Floyd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:55 am

The Wyfe's grandfather was 96 when he checked out a few years ago. He maintained that a new shaver should start with an electric and never try blades. Not once. Because once is all it takes to render the beard irreversibly impervious to machine harvesting.

Further excerpts from his catalog of unlikely lore:

He would annually brush 'coal oil' onto the exterior of his bedford stone house. He believed these treatments improved the veneer's ability to repel winter moisture, reducing his heating costs.

I once saw him calmly pick a wasp off his arm with his bare fingers and display it safely for the inspection of some curious younglings. He maintained that, as long as he held his breath, the wasp could not sting him. He explained that this is because stinging insects deliver their hurtful venom through the pores in the victim's skin. Furthermore, the pores must be in a dilated state which directly coincides with the respiratory cycle. So remember: keep your lungs empty, and the bees have no power over you.

In the 50s, he did a great kindness by allowing a pair of women to rent an apartment from him. They were denied all other lodgings because it was well known that they were practicing hermaphrodykes (sic).

And potatoes, of course, must always be planted in the dark of the moon.
Plink Floyd

PreviousNext

Return to The Hang Out.