Elektro-Industrial Collaboration Projekt?

Kick back and relax!

Moderators: MetroSonus, Plink Floyd

Elektro-Industrial Collaboration Projekt?

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Would anyone be interested in working on a song(s) with me? I've never done any long-distance collaboration work before, and I think it could be interesting. I am open to pretty much all possibilities, sonically, but as I'm sure you all know electro-industrial/EBM is my genre of choice.

Or, is this a horrible idea? Thoughts?

(no timetables or deadlines involved here. just laid back and work-at-your-own-pace kinda thing)
selfinflikted
Down in it

Re: Elektro-Industrial Collaboration Projekt?

Postby MetroSonus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:31 pm

I'm working on something right now you'd like
MetroSonus
My style, is the best style.

Postby selfinflikted » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:45 pm

MetroSonus wrote:I'm working on something right now you'd like

Well I wanna hear!
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Let me put a bit more into it and I will :thu:
MetroSonus

Postby gregwar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:26 pm

I feel pretty good about this but sadly I'm working on the road for the foreseeable week(s)

if/when I have tiem on days off I can contribute to song(s)
gregwar

Postby Purity_Control » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:40 pm

I dare say I could be tempted but it would be a first for me too... so maybe as well to go into with not too many expectations and just see what happens?
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Postby ClavAnother » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm involved with too many projects just now to start a new one.

Maybe I could send you the track I did for "KSS Genre of the Weak: Electro Music" and you can make it part of a trilogy or somethin? :idk:
ClavAnother

Postby ElectricPuppy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:36 pm

I love the idea of collaborating! But, I'm unreliable when it comes to these kinds of things, so... you know.
ElectricPuppy
The Banned Man

Postby christianrock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:24 pm

I do like the idea, too, but the way I've been busy, I'm pretty unreliable at the moment as well. I hope life gets easier before the kids are off to college :eek:

I might do some assisting production, you know - basically being an extra pair of ears for whatever you guys come up with :thu:
christianrock
has a runny bottom

Postby gregwar » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 am

this thread is now about I would like to but . . .

si, retro, clav, pc, etc post what u've got and I'll try to get sum drum/synth/bass together if u guys want

I would like to know kinda what specific style tho ebm is pretty diverse. it is one of my fav genres and I hardly get the opportunity to make that ish

I will also see if I can find sum goth chicks to do the 'picking spider webs' dance lol
gregwar

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:53 pm

I"m mainly into killer robots, acid rain swept, dreary planets, dystopian futures.

I always seem to do something in that vein regardless of what it is. Aside from ambient though, I haven't sat down and tried to be one thing or the other in years though. Lack of time I think partly. The other is nowadays I have the freedom to do what I want and throw it on the intertubes for fun.

I'm not at that age anymore where I sit there and be all "oh dude this is so cool! We have to do this!"

But I do think on the other hand, It'd be cool to bring it together and be a "band" if not for a little while.
MetroSonus

Postby MetroSonus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:00 pm

I dunno... should I get LV426 off the ground? :grin:

Been listening to some newer ebm on youtube. I could do that.. granted it'd be my own spin but......
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:59 pm

LV426 is hands down MY FAVORITE industrial band name ever, and I hate you for having it! (j/k)

Angry robot music sounds great, actually. :like:

But even if all you "busy" people are interested and don't feel like you have the time but want to participate, I wasn't thinking of anything terribly stringent. Just something very relaxed to work on when time permits. Even if it takes a year to put together one song, I'm ok with that. I just figured that A) It would be something fun for whoever's interested to do together, albeit virtually, and B) It would (hopefully) get some of our creative juices flowing, and C) It MIGHT get people to start synthing.

As fas as "what kind" of EBM, I'm pretty open. I like lots of subgenres, but Metro's "angry Robot" music sounds like fun, just because angry robots are coo.
Last edited by selfinflikted on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby MetroSonus » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Once I'm in the break, I'll have time to knock out some stuff. I need to buy some new software too. It's past time I threw down with a few.

My idea was to sort of mix noise, basslines (obviously) beats and mix it up with sound effects, movie quotes and maybe even some thought full stuff like piano and a dreary (acid) rain storm. Sort of a fire and ice thing. Harsh, cold military / space brigade mixed with "hey these are people too, they do what they have to, but their not inhuman either".

as a concept :lol: I've been trying for a while to mix dance music with my love of soundscapes and atmosphere.
MetroSonus

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm

MetroSonus wrote:Been listening to some newer ebm on youtube. I could do that.. granted it'd be my own spin but......

Me too. I've been listening to newer and older and realized I'm sorely behind on snatching up a few albums. There's a couple of Funker Vogt albums I still need to get (Maschine Zeit, to name one) and .. I know I will catch flack for saying this, but there are a couple of new Grendel albums out that I want also (yes. some people hate all the supersaw leads. I happen to like the sound of a supersaw in the same way I like the sound of an electric guitar. It never really gets old for me).

I am getting some iTunes gift cards for Christmas, so I will use that to grab these albums.
Last edited by selfinflikted on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:29 pm

MetroSonus wrote:My idea was to sort of mix noise, basslines (obviously) beats and mix it up with sound effects, movie quotes and maybe even some thought full stuff like piano and a dreary (acid) rain storm. Sort of a fire and ice thing. Harsh, cold military / space brigade mixed with "hey these are people too, they do what they have to, but their not inhuman either".

Dude. I love that idea. I have always been a fan of noise/basslines/effects/audio clips from movies. But that goes without saying since you all know I love VAC and Skinny Puppy. :like:
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:14 pm

gregwar wrote:si, retro, clav, pc, etc post what u've got and I'll try to get sum drum/synth/bass together if u guys want

I have nothing yet. This is still in the "talking about it" phase, which, from the looks of things around here, could last for some time. :lol:

But like I said. This is no pressure. If you want to help/be a part of some potential interesting group fun (no, not that kind of fun, PC) just lend your talents whenever you have the time.

If anyone has anything they're working on and want help with it, post it here. I've got a couple of ideas, but haven't laid anything down yet. When I have something to offer, I'll post it here as well.

So, don't get uptight about schedules and time and such. This thread will (hopefully) be here if/when the time presents itself.

DISCLAIMER:

When I do have "something" to post here, it'll probably only be small snippets of maybe a bassline or melody or some other nonsense. But, I'm hoping that if one person hears a snippet, they may get an idea for something to add to it, or take away from it, and then eventually we can build it into a proper song.

Further and for instance, if I post something and someone hears it and doesn't particularly like the sound of, say, the snare and think you could replace it or make it better, the creative freedom is all yours. I can't stress how laid back this idea is. And if, in the process of things, something interesting develops, we can just deal with that when we get to it. Think of it as open source music, if you will.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Veracohr » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:39 am

I'm down for noise making!
Veracohr

Postby selfinflikted » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Veracohr wrote:I'm down for noise making!

:like:

Hopefully soon, I will have something to contribute.
selfinflikted
Down in it

Postby Purity_Control » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm down for, well lol shall we say mainly modular arse but I wouldn't rule anything else out.
"To be honest with you, I just assumed it was another symptom of Taren Capel being as mad as a bicycle."
Purity_Control
Ms. Conduct

Next

Return to The Hang Out.